- 94% response rate
- Last login about 8 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Jirka’s full profile.
--- SOME BASIC RULES ---
1. Please read my profile before writing to me.
2. Do not copy and paste the same message you write to everyone.
3. Couchsurfing is about sharing. Just being on a low budget is not a reason to ask for a couch.
I am a native Czech who loves to travel and get to know other cultures. I would describe myself as a non-
conflicting guy who gets on well with many people. I am open minded person with a positive view of the world, sometimes calm and sometimes ready to party.
Apart from traveling I like a lot astronomy and nature sciences in general. I think it was the reason why I decided to study astrophysics. Luckily I found a job that is closed to my hobbies. I work as a programmer for space projects. I am also a guide in the astronomical observatory here in Prague.
World is a full of a very nice places that are worth a visit. After my travels I found out that my favorite part is Latin America. Creo que por eso también hablo español e falo português.
Currently I am quite busy at work so I have to limit my hosting. Anyway you can write me a message and let's see if I am available. I prefer the short term planning. Do not write me if you plan your trip in more than one month in advance.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I like to travel and learn about different cultures. I think Couchsurfing is the best way to get to know a lot of travelers just even being at home. It is also a perfect way how to make new friends all around the world. I also enjoy showing my guests the beauties of Prague.
- latin america
- tour guide
Music, Movies, and Books
My favorite music is pop from all over the world. I like to listen also other styles and also a typical music from different countries.
I generally do not watch many movies, I don´t even have a TV at home. I prefer the documentaries about nature, science, universe.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
• Living one week with Brazilian Indians in Amazonia.
• Enjoying the Carnival in Salvador, Bahia.
• Spending a night in the bamboo forest in China.
• Eating the poisonous fugu fish in Japan.
• Climbing the pyramid in Abusir, Egypt.
• Sleeping in hammock with the view of the Barcelona port.
• Drinking masato in the Peruvian amazon forest.
• Got invited for tee by Bedouins during the hike in Sinai.
• Seeing 4 total solar eclipses.
• Visiting 3 of the new 7 wonders of nature.
• Getting the air ticket for an unplanned trip just few hours before the departure.
Teach, Learn, Share
As I was born in Prague, I can tell you a lot of details about my beautiful city. I can teach you some Czech basic phrases (like to order a beer in a pub). I will give you tips what to do and where to go. When I have free time I can also be your local guide.
I can also tell you a lot of things about astronomy and our universe. When the weather is good I can show you the sky through my telescope or take you to the local observatory.
What I Can Share with Hosts
I can share with you my travel experiences. I can tell you a lot about my country and about Prague so you will have a reason for a visit. If the weather is good I can get you oriented on the night sky, show constellations and planets.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Austria, Brazil, China, Croatia, Cuba, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Netherlands, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Czech Republic, United States