Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 1 hour ago
Join Couchsurfing to see J’s full profile.
I plan to see every country and territory in the world or as much as possible .. also currently trying to reach the highest point of every country in the Americas!!
I go out a lot ,like to try new stuff, and travel new places, meet new and interesting people. I'm a good friend and always willing to help out anyone.
I'm down for whatever.. whenever.. life is an adventure especially mine! I have high goals and no matter what i work hard to succeed in everything i set out to do. I plan to see the whole world.
I spent almost 6 years backpacking full time around the world, then 2 years vanlife fulltime around the US during Covid. Now backpacking around the world again😎.
I love to experience new cultures and see how other people live, their customs, traditions and what is important in their lives. I'm into all kinds of outdoor activities boating, kayaking, hiking, fishing, mountain climbing, SCUBA diving or just chilling on a deserted island beach. I'm never bored I live my life to the fullest, i want to experience everything the world has to offer.
I'm not about touristy stuff i like to see what is real from remote nature to the heart of the worst ghetto and everything in between .. castles to slums .. luxury to poverty.. any country on earth or any culture .. under the surface of all the oceans to the summits of the highest mountains .. I'd probably roll the dice and risk everything to live my dreams lose it all and risk it all over again .. I've been shot at.. survived 3.5 hours floating in the ocean on bamboo after a shipwreck.. been in an earthquake.. jailed and detained in a couple countries(without reason), slept on benches, couches, beaches, behind buildings or not at all .. met some of the coolest people from all over the world and I'm just getting started .. the world awaits!...
I currently have undertaken a mission to climb the highest point of every country in the Americas!!
So far climbed Volcan Baru ( Panama), Cerro Chirripo ( Costa Rica), Mogoton ( Nicaragua), El Pital ( El Salvador), Celaque Las Minas ( Honduras), Volcan Tajumulco ( Guatemala) Pico de Orizaba ( Mexico), Blue Mtn Peak ( Jamaica), Pic la Selle ( Haiti), Pico Duarte ( Dominican Rep), Liamuiga ( St Kitts & Nevis), The Quill ( St Eustatius), Cerro del Aripo ( Trinidad & Tobago), Gimie (St. Lucia), Pelee (Martinique), Morne Diablotins (Dominica), La Grande Soufrière (Guadaloupe)
Highest Points in other countries!!
Tomanivi ( Fiji), Kosciuszko ( Australia), Ramelau( Timor Leste), Bukit Timah ( Singapore), Doi Inthanon ( Thailand), Mt. Kinabalu ( Malaysia), Phnom Aural ( Cambodia), Fansipan ( Vietnam), Tai Mo Shan( Hong Kong), Coloane Alto ( Macau), Hallasan ( South Korea), Suur Munamägi (Estonia), Gaiziņkalns (Latvia), Aukštojas Hill (Lithuania), Rysy (Poland), Dzyarzhynskaya Hara (Belarus), Rock of Gibraltar (Gibraltar), Toubkal (Morocco), Carrauntoohil (Ireland)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
i have surfed with, hosted and met hundreds of people too much to list here
traveling! ..mountain climbing..SCUBA diving..hiking..cooking..photography..mixology..fencing..art..entrepreneurship..snorkling..reading..working out..differnt cultures..wine tasting..basketball..spontaneous crazy adventures..kayaking..boating..live music..eating bizzare foods..shooting pool..charity... etc
Music, Movies, and Books
Shantaram - Gregory David Roberts
The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas
The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - Jules Verne
Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes
A Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
1984 - George Orwell
Goodfellas - 1990
The Bird People in China - 1998
The Last Emperor - 1987
Inception - 2010
The Sting - 1973
The Godfather - 1972
The Shawshank Redemption - 1994
Pulp Fiction - 1994
The Good the Bad and the Ugly - 1966
Unforgiven - 1992
The Matrix - 1999
Casablanca - 1942
Gladiator - 2000
Snatch - 2000
THe Bridge on the RIver Kwai - 1957
Reservoir Dogs - 1992
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- driving through the Pyrenees and down the south coast of Spain
- wreck diving in the Florida Keys
- spontaneously writing the lyrics to an award winning song in Mataram
- being at a higher elevation then anyone on the continent while on the summit of Pico de Orizaba the highest mountain in Mexico
- cave diving in Northern Florida
- white water rafting the Pacuare river in Costa Rica
- camping alone under millions of stars in the Australian outback
- standing over red hot lava Volcan Pacaya Guatemala
- hiking to deserted beaches in Cambodia
- visiting the Holy Golden Temple in Amritsar
- exploring the temples of Hampi Karnataka
rowing along the Ganges in Varanasi and - viewing the cremations while reflecting on the finiteness of life
- standing on the rim of Santiguito the most active Volcano in Central America
- chewing betel nut with the King of Boti
- traveling the stunning Karakoram Highway in Pakistan
- convincing a Vietnamese soldier to take a photo with me who moments before had me at gunpoint
- being cursed by black magic in Sulawesi
- traveling overland without plane from Indonesia to India in the most indirect way possible
- talking my way out of jail in Sri Lanka in the former Tamil Tigers headquarters
- 100th SCUBA dive in Sipadan totally naked
- standing on the rim of the impressive Kaietuer Falls in Guyana
- seeing a ghost in the forest in the mountains of Northern Vietnam
- traveling 9 hours by 4x4 with no roads deep into the Sahara desert to the ancient town of Tichitt
- witnessing Tibetian sky burials in Kham
- visiting the most militarized border in the world at the DMZ in Korea
- exploring the maze of streets of the ancient city of Multan
- viewing ancient mummies in the mountains of northern Luzon
- swimming in all 4 of the worlds oceans including Arctic at 1am during 24 hours of sunlight
- climbing huge 100ft tall dunes in the Gobi desert
- drinking kava with the village chiefs on new years in Fiji
- finding the grave of my 7th great grandfather first from that part of my family to come to America 300 years ago
- driving through remote valleys of the High Atlas mountains
- seeing the Spring Temple Buddha the tallest statue in the world in Henan
- hitchhiking the Iron train in Mauritania from Nouadhibou to Zouerate the longest train in the world
- viewing the north face of Mt. Elbrus in winter...
too many others to list or that I can not mention in writing
What I Can Share with Hosts
friendship, travel advice, worldwide contacts, whatever I can
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, England, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Kosovo, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Martinique, Mauritania, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Northern Ireland, Norway, Pakistan, Panama, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russian Federation, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin (French part), Scotland, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Sint Maarten (Dutch part), Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste (East Timor), Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State, Viet Nam, Virgin Islands, U.S., Wales, Western Sahara, Åland Islands
Countries I’ve Lived In