- 100% response rate
- Last login about 1 hour ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Joel’s full profile.
Hi. I am Joel from San Antonio, Texas. My house is located about 15 minutes from downtown in a very quiet and peaceful neighborhood. I moved to a new place so I have a private room for guests now. I can also provide guests with a bed and blankets. I also have free WIFI in my place. I like traveling and spending time outdoors. My favorite hobbies is hiking, kayaking and biking. If I am available, I can show some of my favorite spots in San Antonio. But if not, I can give you some recommendations about places to visit. These are some ideas of things to do in San Antonio.
- Explore around the Alamo, The tower of Americas and the River walk. These are the most popular and historic places in the city.
- San Antonio Natural Area state park. Some dinosaur footprints can be found here.
- Japanese Tea Garden. This is one the nicest places to see in the city. It has wild flowers, ponds, turtles and goldfishes and a waterfall.
- Mitchel Lake Audubon Center. A nice place to go if you enjoy watching wild birds and walking around nature.
- San Antonio Missions. There are several Missions in San Antonio such as San Jose, Concepcion, Espada and San Juan. It is great to see them if you are interested in learning about Texas.
- A light show at the San Fernando Cathedral. This is an amazing show that happens every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It is a colorful display of pictures that narrates the history of San Antonio.
- The Pearl. This is nice and peaceful spot by the river walk. It has some shops, food, and live music.
- Natural Bridge Cavern. One of the largest Caverns in Texas.
- Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch. It is a medium size ranch where you can drive your car and feed the animals. There are zebras, ostrich, buffalos, deer, etc.
- Woodland Lake Park. It is a lake where you are able to feed wild ducks and some geese.
- Tubing at the New Braunfels River.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Because I enjoy sharing traveling experiences and stories with others couch surfers.
I enjoy going camping and hiking.
- music festivals
- working out
- board games
- outdoor activities
- rock climbing
- adventure travel
Music, Movies, and Books
I listen to all types of music. It depends in my mood. I am big fan of karaoke and the classic songs from the 80s and 90s.
My favorites movies has to have a good plot (action, drama, comedies).
I enjoy reading books about biographies or things I am interested, such as History, Sports, Technology.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Climbing Grouse mountain at Vancouver, Canada. It is one the most challenging and fun things I have ever done.
- Volunteering as a basketball coach for a summer camp program.
- Feeding an ostrich.
- Hiking for about four hours in the cove forest in Canada
Teach, Learn, Share
I would be glad to teach you about the city, about the traditions, the culture and the people.
I would be happy to learn and hear about your traveling experiences.
What I Can Share with Hosts
I can teach you some Spanish if you like.
Countries I’ve Visited
Canada, Chile, Colombia, Peru, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In