Not Accepting Guests
- Last login almost 6 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Joep ’s full profile. It’s free!
To explore the world while becoming a well-known Jazz singer
I am a spontaneous, open minded Dutch guy who loves singing, travelling and meeting new people all over the world. Always happy, always smiling. You can wake me up for parties, nice (both intelligent and uuhm.. less intelligent) conversations and to make music.
I am an active person, who loves to do stuff both inside and outside. Preferably with my friends and family, but also with people I don't know as long as they have something interesting or funny to say!
I have no problems feeling comfortable somewhere else but home, and I'm pretty much always on the road.
I just finished secondary school in The Netherlands and at the moment I'm taking a Gap Year before going to study again. During this Gap Year I'm making a trip around the world. For my plans and blogs, click on the links below!
As you can see, I've spent quiet a long time making my profile as it is now. This is because I'd like to show everyone that I take CouchSurfing seriously, and I hope that people take my couch requests seriously though I haven't got so many references! Hope there will be more after my trip!
Tempus fugit. Carpe diem
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Since I was raised by two parents who've seen almost the whole planet, I grew up travelling and hearing stories of how wonderful the world is outside the Netherlands. We understand the need for a cheap accomodation for travellers and therefor we'd like people to know that we definately have a couch available!
I want to meet many couchsurfers. I hope to gain trust and maybe even become friends with them, so I'll always have a place to stay all over the world.
Since April 5th 2009
*Paras Borgohain in New Delhi, India
*Dhanna in Jaisalmer, India
*Didi in Jakarta, Indonesia
*Hannah in Sydney, Australia
*Paul in Sydney, Australia
*Kenny in Hollywood, LA, USA
- Sports (Surfing, Motocross, Skiing, Lacrosse)
- Learning foreign words & languages
- Visiting Concerts
- Party all night long
- Eating stuff from abroad
- Trying new things
- pub crawls
- emergency services
Music, Movies, and Books
* Music: Jazzzzz! But also Pop and Rock. Heroes: Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Sammy Davis Jr., Jamie Cullum, Miles Davis, Chet Baker, Dianna Krall, Jimi Hendrix
* Books: The Kite Runner, The War of the Ears
*Movies: The Last King of Schotland, Lord of the Rings
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
* Bungeejumping in Spain
* Meeting ex-child souldiers, people with HIV/AIDS, and children without proper education in Uganda during a trip with Edukans (a Dutch organisation for better education).
* Working in a restaurant for 16 hours a day, then straight to a full moon beach party to dance the night away in Kos, Greece.
* Flying above the Niagra Falls with a helicopter
* Riding a Jetski in Greece
* Becoming Dutch Champion Alpine Skiing in Austria
* Secretly drinking the nicest cocktails every night at the Parrots Pub in Sitges, near Barcelona. School trip: No alcohol allowed.
* Visiting AS Roma - AC Milan in Rome (3-2!!)
* Red Hot Chili Peppers Live @ Pinkpop 2006
* Standing on top of the St. Peter's Basilica after seeing the pope on Palm Sunday
* Sunrise in Kampala and Sunset in Soroti (Uganda)
* Reporting my stolen wallet in Rome. I was sent to three different police stations because they already knew my name. But it was worth it, because I got it back with everything still in it: Two undercover police agents saw it happen and immediately arrested the two Albanian guys.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Canada, Czech Republic, France, Greece, Italy, Spain, Uganda, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In