Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 23 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Johan’s full profile. It’s free!
Travel as much as possible and discover new horizons
Describing oneself is always a hard task. It is sometimes easier to ask other people what they think about you. I guess you will have to judge by yourself when you meet me! :-)
What I can say is that I am a very easy going and open-minded guy. I love traveling and I have been exposed to different cultures since a little kid. That's probably the reason why I am so open about different cultures and ways of life.
My parents are originally from China but I was born in Belgium. I speak Chinese with my parents, French with my Belgian friends and English with my international friends.
It's funny how people don't believe me when I tell them I'm from Belgium. I don't blame them because obviously I don't really look like the "typical Belgian" :-)
I love talking about cultures, food, travels,... It's definitely a huge part of my life! I have had many experiences abroad that I like to share when people ask me and I always show interest when people talk about their experiences abroad. It inspires me so much and gives me great ideas for my future travels!
I think I am a very simple guy who enjoys simple things. Sometimes the simplest things are the best. :-)
I'm a very happy and positive person. I usually only see the good part in people and I am trying to only show my good part :-)
I do believe in Karma... Good or bad things happen for a reason!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I've been a CS member for about 3 years and I definitely think it helps get people closer. It's a great way to meet and bond with international friends.
I participated in many CS events in Barcelona (when I was an Erasmus student there) and each time I have the opportunity to travel, I try to meet local people through CS because I believe it's the best way to really see and get the culture!
Each CS experience that I've had has definitely encouraged me to be more active on CS! Each of them was just an incredible experience and something I can remember for a long time!
I'd love to meet all my hosts/CS friends/surfers again!!! Who knows, our paths may cross again in the future!
My CouchSurfing experiences include:
- Hosted two Estonian girls (Ingel Tärk and ANONYMOUSME) in my hometown one week after registering on CS (2011)
- Hosted by Fran Jimenez when I was traveling to Madrid, Spain with Valentin Dirken (2011)
- Hosted by Matt Hadlow in Barcelona, Spain while I was looking for a long-term rental (Erasmus program) (2012)
- Met galxc & Mat Hadlow's place (2012)
- Hosted by pin13 in Girona, Spain during the Correfoc festival (2012)
- Met my Mexican friend andrei Carreño in BCN during a party and became good friend with him (2012)
- Met my Slovenian friend Ela Trpin during an Eramsus trip in Gijon and became good friend with her. (2012)
- Met brad Kimball through Ela Trpin (2012)
- Met my English friend Tom Payani at a CS meeting and became good friend with him (2012)
- Met with Mikel Rueda in Bilbao, Spain. He picked me up at the airport and we hiked along the coastline (2012)
- Hosted by friendfire in Bilbao, Spain (2012)
- Hosted by Iban Morgado Cicero & Thomas Mosley in Bilbao, Spain and a Thanksgiving dinner (2012)
- Hosted by Jaime Tassara in Sevilla, Spain during Los Reyes Magos (2013)
- Met my George Delgado & Joanna Jordan & Rachel Wadsworth at a hostel in Cordoba, Spain and spent the day with them and other travelers (2013)
- Met Macris Andrade in Cordoba, Spain and spent a sunny day with her (2013)
- Met Alexa Fernandez-de-Castro in Granada, Spain and spent the day with her and Joanna Jordan (2013)
- Met Juan Orellana in Malaga, Spain (2013)
- Hosted by Peter Feeney in Montilla, Spain (2013)
- Hosted by Eduardo Licciardi in Nerja, Spain (2013)
- Hosted by Leo Cuesta in Fuengirola, Spain and went to Mijas (2013)
- Hosted by Anne-Sophie Kjz in London, UK (2014)
- Met jatin Sanghvi at a CS meeting in London, UK (2014)
- Hosted by Kompot JULIAN in Budapest, Hungary (2014)
- Met Nicho Globetrotter at a party in Budapest (2014)
- Hosted by Alper Semerci in Izmir, Turkey (2014)
- Met Muammer Başyiğit in Pammukale, Turkey (2014)
- Hosted by Omer Otgun in Ankara, Turkey (2014)
- Met NOENOE at the Meeting Mundiala in Bilbao (2014)
- Met Diego Garcia and Michelle Bullough at NUS, Singapore (2014)
- Hosted by Bryce Bohne in Cebu City, Philippines (2014)
I love traveling (obviously) and learning languages, different cultures,... I also like music. I play the piano. I really enjoy being with my friends, hanging out and traveling with them. I also love watching movies and series. Sport is also part of my interests (I like swimming, playing tennis, table tennis, playing waterpolo,...)
I also love cooking and eating. I definitely love FOOD and I'd love to taste one of your special recipes :-)
Music, Movies, and Books
I love movies (thriller, comedy, horror,...). I also watch a lot of series such as Dexter, Suit, Heroes, Kyle XY, Nikita...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I watched a TED show the other day and the host was talking about cultures and how 'experience' is where you are from. I totally related to what she was talking about. Being a Chinese descendent, born in Southern Belgium and growing up in various countries, I can say that all my life has been a 'cultural shock'.
Teach, Learn, Share
I speak different languages: French, English, Chinese and a little bit of Spanish. I love learning all kind of stuff...
I love cooking and playing music.
I hope we can share our interests!!!
Countries I’ve Visited
China, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Mexico, Spain, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Belgium, England, India, Singapore, Spain, United States