Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login about 2 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Wichian’s full profile. It’s free!
traveling the world in such a way that I can touch the places I visit and feel like no other people do
I am a native Thai speaking both Thai and English. I am interested in learning languages, learning other people's cultures and traveling. I have been to a few places around the world, one time to USA, Taiwan, mainland China, and Korea, 3 times to Vietnam and Indonesia, 2 times to India, Hong Kong and Myanmar, 4 times to the Philippines and Europe (England, Italy, and France) and many many times to Japan and Laos. I always enjoy traveling on my limited budget, but haven't done that seriously in the past few years. I like to meet local people and travel with them , or sharing the cost of travel like car rental or gasoline, just as I usually do to CSers coming to Chiang Mai. I think the greatest experience of getting to see local places must be best told through the eyes of local people .
When you want to surf me, here are the things you need to know:
1. I normally gave couch for a max of two nights in the past, but now things have been difficult with my work schedule and the fact that I decided to sell the apartment usually open for CSers. The only possibility now is you stay with my mom in our home, 25 mins south of Chiang Mai, so an advance notice is appreciated. If that doesn't crash with my work schedule I will drive you there and yes you stay with us plus free Lamphun city's tour. Always remember to keep things at hand as a souvenir when you visit a senior person in Thailand, something from your home country would be nice. Other than that, I can give you suggestions on how to locate cheap places in Chiang Mai. I can even get you an apartment near me for just 350-600 (11-20 USD) THB per night.
2. Due to the limitation in number 1, the following things occur inevitably if you surf my place or my mom's place.
2.1 You may need to share the bed with me
2.2 A single traveler is welcome , but if you travel as a couple it is safe to ask me beforehand as I can arrange things in time. "Discussions" is needed if your travel with another friend or spouse.
3. One or two nights are great (more nights also apply but we need to discuss the plan together and this is possible only during the semester break during which time I am free) My mom is a 74 year old woman who used to live with a Dalmatian named Prudang. He was dead in Sept 2011 and she misses him a lot. She has a new dog now called Pui, the one she picked up from the street when his mom left him.
4. I will show you around Chiang Mai and Lamphun if my time permits (my mom usually joins us in Lamphun). We can go to other places out of the cities of Chiang Mai and Lamphun together but please read the description under Couchsurfing Experience.
5. I will be more than happy to couch you and will be a good guest on my visiting other places around the world....
6. If I cannot host you, then we should be able to meet for a drink or meal. You can ask for my help on cheap accom or your daily travel plan.
7. I also organize a small group tour as my second job. So if you travel in group (or even 1 or 2 as a join-group traveler), you can ask me if I organize a package to drive to other parts other than Chiang Mai. (read CouchSurfing Experience)
8. Please visit my facebook @ facebook.com/jtw.wichian
9. Please come clean, and please do respect our rules. Taking a shower before going to bed is important as we are not a hotel for backpackers, many of whom refuse to take a shower or even remove their shoes inside the house. Thank you.
Make the best of today and live your life like there was no tomorrow.
CONTACT ME WHEN YOU ARE IN TOWN
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
A friend of mine, a CS member in Chiang Mai, introduced to me this website. I just registered and didn't actually pay attention until one night I visited him and witnessed him having two guests from Italy and England. They all encouraged me and yes here I am. Why not?
Yes. would like to experience that. think i need to learn from all of you. But what I would like to do when I surf is the hosts recommend me where to visit, what to do, or take me to see genuine sides of the places I visit. What I would like to do when I couch someone is that to show them around Chiang Mai or Lamphun. There is also a possibility that I drive you to other cities away from Chiang Mai and Lamphun. For the latter option, you will be responsible for gasoline and food and accommodation if an overnight stay is required. I do contribute to people's gasoline when I ask them to drive me far away from their oen cities.
There is also a possibility that I organize a budget tour for a group of people through my friend's agency. So if you travel with family or in a big group please talk to me about that. 1-3 people is possible with my own car. A group of 4 people up must come in a van. We are flexible with your schedule and do customer-tailored tour with satisfaction guaranteed. Ask me about that.During school terms, I may not be able to couch anyone as I am busy, but there is a chance you come and visit my class as a class visitor or a guest lecturer if you have related fields of interests [See Interests below].
Also check these completed/upcoming plans (2016) if you want to join me:
- Jan 2016 - Mae Kam Pong
- Feb 2016 Kanjanaburi
- March 2016 - Long, Phrae with Japanese students
- April 8-17, 2016 - Sapa, Hanoi, Can Tho, Ho Chi Minh
- May 2016 - Pattaya Rayong?
- May 28, 2016 - Hokkaido
- June 8-12, 2016 - Brunei
- June 14, 2016 - Sendai, Tokyo, Hokkaido, Kagawa
- July 9-11, 2016 - Bandar Seri Begawan
- July 22 - 25 - Koh Kood Trat
- August 12 - 15, 2016 - Buriram / Khon Kaen
- September 2 - 4, 2016 - Sachoengsao
- September 9 - 11, 2016 - Ubon Ratchathani, Amnatcharoen
- September, 17-18, 2016 - Pai
- September 29 - October 4, 2016 - Rayong, Pattaya, Phuket
- October 21 - 24 - Chiang Mai with Chris
- October 28 - 31, 2016 - Krabi
Many things: Traveling, Languages, Food, Movies, and Cultures.
I also enjoy traveling with people. I can do good tour or sightseeing organization around the northern part of Thailand or Thailand. But this must be discussed well in advance. I don't like things unplanned.
Another thing I would like to do is to organize homestays for a group of people who would like to live and learn Thai ways of life in the countryside.
I work as a teacher at a university in Chiang Mai, so I would like to welcome educator or academicians to visit or lecture my class. Areas of interest are subject to school time in which particular courses I teach are available. So if you would like to contribute please read the following time frames:
Semester time Areas
May - October Second language acquisition (SLA),
Language, other related fields
November-February Cognitive Semantics, Semantics,
Pragmatics, Cognitive Grammar,
Cognitive Sciences, related fields
March-April Educational mobility,
[no class] Cultural studies, Homestays,
- cultural studies
- group travel
Music, Movies, and Books
I love reading many types of books, esp those for traveling, computers, or aircrafts. I enjoy all kinds of films; romance, thriller, actions, sci-fi, you name it. I don't have much experience in music but love listening to it when I am in my relaxing moment or traveling, or when I have a chance. I enjoy big festivals full of music also.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Having a chance to travel with good trip companions
Teach, Learn, Share
I love to learn languages and cultures. I want to learn as well as to show a real touch of particular culture, things that are far away from tourism or tourists' businesses.
What I Can Share with Hosts
things I do at home n my culture and what I like
also as a host (this is not necessary you stay with me or not) I love to get around with you , and at other CSers.
I like the idea of sharing the cost of traveling and having fun together
Countries I’ve Visited
Brunei Darussalam, China, France, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Laos, Macao, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In