Accepte des Invités
- Taux de réponse de 0 %
- Dernière connexion il y a almost 6 years
Rejoignez Couchsurfing pour consulter l'intégralité du profil de Julieanne. L'inscription est gratuite !
OLA! I'm a student who lives about 10mins from the heart of Melbourne. I love Melbourne but am getting ready do some solid traveling! I study Psychology and Psychophysiology and am always in awe of the complexity of the human body! Amazing! I'm pretty open minded and love meeting new people. I am currently preparing myself for a trip to Europe and can't wait to see what the world has in store for me.
I love my city, and here is a few things I consider MUST do's:
- Moonlight Cinema in the Botanical Gardens: pack a picnic, bring some wine and a picnic rug and see a film in the open air cinema. Don't forget to bring insect repellant (otherwise you will get eaten alive
by mosquitos). Here is the link:
- Visit the Queen Victoria Markets. They have heaps of cheap food and nice things to look at. In summer they also have the night markets.
- Camberwell Markets: great for vintage shopping- go early to find the best gems.
- Brunswick Street in Fitzroy
- Smith Street in Fitzroy
- Chapel Street St Kilda
- Opp shopping in Mornington/Frankston (if you know someone with a car- I might be able to take you down depending on the dates you are
- Degraves Street and Central Lane
- for shoes: Zomp on Collins street- amazing shoes- a little pricey though!
Check out the bar scene in Melboure (particiularly the hidden gems) Melbourne has HEAPS of really cool bars- I
don't know so much about the clubbing scene as I don't go clubbing often.Here is a couple of good bars I would definitely check out:
- Siter Bella's (good example of Melbourne's hidden laneway bars)
- The Rooftop Bar (definitely go here- it's in the heart of the city on top of a roof so you have a great view of Melbourne)
- Kent Street in Fitzroy- very chilled out. Get some delicious Japanese food from the place next door and they will deliver it to the bar for you.
- The Black Pearl in Fitzroy for good cocktails
- The Black cat on Brunswick Street in Fitzroy
- Cherry Bar (Sould nights on Thursday's)
- Hell's Kitchen on Central Lane
- Up late and need somewhere to be super trashy? Look no further than 'Pony bar' in the city.
AND MANY MORE.
- jungle juice (on Central Lane)
- Three Bags Full in Abbotsford (also great breakfast)
- Auction Rooms in North Melbourne
- Proud Mary's in Abbottsford
AND MANY MORE- Just look on the internet. Melbournians love coffee.
-Definitely go out and have a DELICIOUS Melbourne breakfast- my fave places:
- Bagels at Jungle Juice
- Small Block in Carlton ('summer breakfast' is SOOO good)
- Cavallero on Smith Street
- Bird man eating on Gertrude Street in Fitzroy.
- Three Bags full in Abbottsford.
(Melbournians love their breakfasts- here is a whole website dedicated to telling you where the best breakfast places are:
- If you have a car make sure to take a trip down to the Mornington Penisular. In particular I like to take a drive around Red Hill, Mornington, FLINDERS, and Aurthers seat. You can also find nice farmers markets and things here.
I love Music, cooking, good coffee, cheap wine, bike riding in the sunshine, picnics, reading, broken umbrella's in bins on a rainy day, seeing hot air balloons first thing in the morning, opp shopping (it's like gambling), having bear feet, partying until it's day time, rain after a hot day, hot nights, people who eat their food real sneaky on trams, any one who can play harmonica, soul music, being silly, laughing really loud, and drinking tea!
- japanese food
Morceaux de musique, films et livres
Books = Perfume, The beach, High fidelity, and a lot of science books (particularly neuroscience).
Music = at the moment mostly listenign to: Neil Young, Hendrix, Foals, Midlake, Boy and Bear, Beruit, Adam Green, Belle and Sabastion, Bob Dylan, The Kinks, Explosions in the Skye, Massive Attack, The Smiths- among others.