- 100% response rate
- Last login about 3 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Free’s full profile. It’s free!
I'm in Borshi (google it)
Welcome to South Albania. I want to tell you some tips and places about where to be and what to do. Let's suppose that you already are in Borsh and you are planing what to do next:
A. Hitchhiking is super easy, do it always and don't be afraid. Nobody will kill you in the summer. Hitchhike in daylight and accept even the ride that go 1-2km. Say "Pa lek" before entering the car to avoid missunderstandings between autostop and taxi.
B. Busses are more complicated. Busses are private and everybody can modify their schedule whenever they want. Microbusses come and go all the time but it's better to travel before midday. We are early birds and there are more busses in the morning.
C. Eat Burek for breakfast wherever you find. Its around 50lek (35cents) and it's delicious. Food is way cheaper where you see locals eating. Cheap food in places that they don't have an english menu, even cheaper if they don't have a menu at all. Try everything, it's worth.
D. If in low budget, this is the menu from the market:
Total=580lek or 4euro.
These are the prices for all south Albania, cook by yourself and save some money.
E. Always exchange your money. 1e=138lek.
If a beer costs 100lek, it's 72cents. But if you want to pay with euro, they will say "One Euro", so you automticly lose 28% everytime you pay. Everybody can exchange you money, so better do it in an unauthorised shop that none at all.
F. Weed is illegal and you should go back to school. But if somebody comes close and says a hello, don't forget to ask him about a gram or two. You may get it for free.
G. f you swim naked, don't do it in overpopulated beaches. Nobody will really mind, but fmilies etc will feel uncomfortable.
Paces to go that are close to Borshi:
1. Porto Palermo. 10km north. A castle in a small peninsula surrounded 90% by water. The perfect place to make a metal concert, but we are far from that day.
2. Blue Eye. 50km south and then east. A lake in the middle of some small mountains. It has that name because of the color.
3. Bunec. 10km south. If you like walking by the beach, this is the place to go. Start early in the morning and be there for the day.
4. Center of Borshi. 5km northeast. A bar with water going underneath it. And a lot of cows on the offroad to go there.
5. Daily hiking on the mountain. I can show you some good paths.
6. Saranda. 35km south. In case that you want to hit the cities, this one has the remainings of a synagogue and printers for your next ticket.
7. Old Borshi. 10km northeast. We were there 100 years ago, but the village was burned twice in the WWI. Now there is only the nature. Perfect place for meditators.
For everything else, just ask with a message :)
What I Can Share with Hosts
Please read the "My home" section. Thank you :)
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Andorra, Austria, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In