Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 12 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Julien’s full profile. It’s free!
Becoming a famous musician :)
I am Julien: a dreamer, a visionary, a healer, a humanist, a musician, a singer and person with a big heart.
I love to make people happy with my music and I love inspiring them to try something new.
After living in Australia for 2.5years, to espace German society, I found myself on a bicycle travelling around the world.
Nothing has enriched me more as a person than those travels combined with countless great entcounters with the planet's best people.
I do love life and I am excited to see how beautiful my story can unfold if I take its creation in my hands.
I live my life to contribute to the overall development of this planet. Making things more sustainable, inspire people to enjoy more and to interact in better ways.
A lot of this I can achieve through music. So for me choosing my path around 8 years ago was the best I could have decided for and this decision never let me down :)
All in all I love life and enjoy to be here and be part of the whole thing.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I first heard of couchsurfing at the age of 15 and was inspired to try the concept as soon as I'd be old enough.
I received my first guest in Sydney in Dez 2009 and since then CS has been a very important part of my daily life.
I gave people shelter in Sydney, I performed at numerous CS events, I enjoyed the great hospitality I received while travelling myself and I once even crashed a couch with my DAD !!
I do believe that couchsurfing is THE idea of this century to travel. I am beaming of joy when telling people about the concept and having them receive their very own first guest. Give me a CS flag and I wear it proudly around the city!
One of the best things about CS for me is the fact that I associate the places I visited with the people who's places I CSed.
Also having hosted more than 30 people has enriched my life as a host immensely!
Here are some of my highlights:
- CS meetings in the evening in Hyde Park (Sydney)
- being shown the magic of Chatroulette
- having a CS make me the most beautiful paper-maché Nemo-fish EVER!
- CSing with my Dad in Australia!!! And I won't forget that moment when he tried to speak English. Pure magic!
- Having a giant German-CS-Christmas party at my house
- staying and cooking with gay nudists
- preparing dinner in a squatted house
- receiving a travel-pillow (made of buckwheat-hulls!!) from a healing lady
- learning how to dance Salsa and make Belgian Truffels in Brussels
Couchsurfing, it's just the BEST!
- Listening and discovering music
- Playing la guitar
- STAGE and STREET performances!
- Learning new things about me and the world!
- I love funny videos and pictures (www.hornoxe.com)
- Healthy cooking (as often as Paleo as possible)
- Reading books about health, humanity and our psychology
- Drinking HEAPS of tea
- watching movies
- Especially watching movies in the park with some friends
- I love crazy design ideas and inventions
- I'm totally into renewable energy and perspectives of future life
Music, Movies, and Books
Music! That's my field :]
My absolute favourites are:
- Jason Mraz
- Bon Iver
- Bobby McFerrin
- City and Colour
- Lord of War
- Requiem for a dream
- Princess Mononoke
- Brave new World (Aldous Huxley)
- Infinite Possibilities (Mike Dooley)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- only landed in Australia because I went to a fare of travel agencies with a girl I really liked ;) .
- cancelled my studies in music before they even began
- performed Frank Sinatra songs in Sydney at the harbour with my Jazz-Band for more than a year
- won the Contemporary Singer of The Year Award (2010) in Sydney!!
- Once had a girlfriend in Germany who visited me in Australia for only 12 days. Until then I would have never believed what people are able to do out of love
- Met Jason Mraz in Sydney and had him sign my guitar!
- Being the only person on Highway 1 on my bike in California, since they had to block the road because of a land-slide
- hitch-hiked a pick-up-truck with my huge bicycle
- drove a car in America with an Australian Learner's License...
- I have had my mobile phone for almost 6 years now (Sony Ericsson K750i) and I revived it after countless falls and drowns ;)
- dumpster-dived in Sydney for 1month, which completely changed my opinion about a consumerist society
- during my bike trip through Europe strangers once gave me 5€ just because they thought my trip was amazing and I was a nice guy :D
- I have already seen 3 New-Years-Eve fireworks in Sydney :)
Teach, Learn, Share
- Playing guitar
- Coffee Making
- Assembling computers
- Designing websites and business cards
- Basic bike repairs
- What to bring on a worldtrip on your bike
- How to juggle!
- Magic tricks
- Good Jokes
- Even better guitar playing
- Singing tricks
- How to write brilliant songs
- Knowledge about music
- Of course: MUSIC!
- Healthy recipes
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Belgium, Cambodia, Canada, China, Egypt, England, France, Greece, India, Italy, Laos, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Scotland, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, France, Germany, Thailand