New Territories West, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
76% response rate · Last login about 5 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Ada's full profile. It's free!View Full Profile
know different people and culture.
I am a warden of a Chinese secondary school which subervented by government and 100% non-profit making. We have more than 100 lovely kids from 12 - 18 here. I host volunteers for facilitating them to know other culture or something fun.
In general, I am super honest but not a fool, I am fun but not crazy. I am sensitive with very straight forward personality.
A) If you like to be OUR volunteer: 1. you can share your talent, including playing music, dancing or teach our teens any form of art. 2. or give a small presentation what's special about your country. 3. or running some interesting class for small group. 4. or painting to decorate our place ... any help that we do appreciate.
WHAT WE CAN offer u as return? We provide u comfy accommodation, meals, laundry, internet ... of course our warmth heart. If I have spare time would be pleasure to take u hang around.
The schedule for VOLUNTEER:
1. Only host at weekday, cannot host in weekend, Sunday, many public holiday or school holiday, so pls ask to confirm. 2. How long we can accept to stay with us? It have a lady who stay here for a half year, many stay a week or a couple day, so very depend on how we can compromise the job, the terms or not. We something like WOOFING to earn your accomodation and meals by a little help. 3.Volunteers use to work from 19:30 - 21:30, we will let you know the work schedule before your arrival. Sometime, we need to attend the meeting for confirm the arrangement, you will experience a unique HK school work style :-) but with fun!
B) Hosting in MY HOUSE:
Sometimes I host my own. I live at a village of YUEN LONG. My couch is an independent roof top apartment, has private shower, kitchen stuffs, internet, mattresses ... etc, actually it is big enough to host 4 people together, then you live independent, so expect to serve yourself with appropriate manner, keep the place clean and set up your things cos there has my lovely dog alway hang around there; only my place is not suitable for a party, or nightlife lover.
*** my dog is big but people friendly, pls do alert if you don't like dog is not suitable to stay there.
There has rules for the guests to alert: 1. You have to pay or buy me a new one if u break anything in my place.
2. Please prepare to pay what u cost when we join meals outside together.
3. If u stay in the dormitory, that we will provide u every thing; if u come to my apartment, please bring your sleeping bag for my convenient.
4. If u stay in my apartment, please bring me a small souvenir for memory (a cheap one but don't give me some rubbish from your bin, it is much more impolite than nothing). So it is not a MUST but from your heart! *** As a volunteer, u can bring some candy for the students, also it is NOT a must, but sure not for me.
5. I hope to host travelers who with a reasonable budget or you can be as a volunteer but with sincere heart. Don't ask be a volunteer just because you need accommodation, pls.
1. If you like to enjoy more, suppose to work more, there is NO FREE LUNCH in the world as I know. 2. I HATE LIAR! Be honest yourself; I hope myself can alway keep away from the hypocites (I really met a lot in my life because my foolish:P, but they did to teach me more smart ^^). 3. More easily being cheated is not from your enemies but who you love, especially your best friend. 4. Everyday is a NEW day ^^ DON'T desparate, don't give up! 5. Don't mind what he/she say but what they behave. There has many nice and wonderful persons but LIARS also a lot around us. It is reality, don't desparate!
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I host volunteer in our school our dormitory. Or, I will host someone who like to take care my dog ( unfortunely she was dead peaceful at Nov2014) I like to surf when I travel out because of learning and experience the different way of life if possible.
I have hosted more than 50 times, have met many wonderful persons but some of them were quite terrible...
For instance: 1. An Italian woman who I have hosted her 5days that wrote to ask me to delete the reference which I have written for her 2 years ago!!! Pllllls ... I beg your pardon ???
2.I host a weird Beglium senior woman as my dog sitter at the last summer 2013. I asked her came 10 days earlier, provide everything she asked, took care her everyday to make sure she could get along well with my dog AND live independent. After 3 weeks I went back home, she left me many her stuffs, including her underwear, a thousand and thousand worms continuously growing around the rubbish bin, a dog shits left 3 weeks ago and a broken water tape ... etc. So I wrote her a negative reference, then she attacked me with a very emotional wordings. I asked CS staffs to alert what she wrote was out of guideline. In result, she deleted her profile after a few days. BUT I found that she USE a fake name to open another profile. That I learnt and very alert someone who without any reference at moment.
This is not a crime, but at least to APOLOLIGIZE once you brought trouble to your host.
3.I found some of CSers who put FAKE qualification or other information to attract people to host. Pls, it is shame for this things!
4. I have hosted a guy who came from California without penny, even couldn't afford to buy a bread himself. I need to pay him for dinner and offer him some instant noodle, egg ... pls it is the spirit of CS, do u think better to ask help from a church or go back home to find a job? It is very embarrassing me.
Besides, I really don't enjoy to host a FREE LOADER, then I never do the same so. I will like to help something in your place once I surf your place, pls just let me know. 5. Be alert, I am a senior, not chasing for one night stand romance^^. It is pretty annoying if a guy want to get advantage from a woman traveling or living alone.
6.Don't misuse my place, here is not a hotel, I have a guest who brought his girlfriend back without notice me and making sex in my place ... in a sunny afternoon that I unfortunely went there, then???? OMG!
I have already gotten enough surprise in my life, pls take more consideration for others. Many Thanks!
I love adventure and did it at my earlier 15 teenage. I love to experience different culture, specially pay attention on their value, and way of living ... etc. BeSiDes, I really love different kind of music, gardening, hiking, art and meet new friends.
I like any kind of music, except the heavy metal and rock - it is too noisy for my age now. I like reading but mainly prefer Chinese version.
I have being gotten a lot of weird n amasing things of my life, so it is difficult to choose ONE, many places were so beautiful and special,like Machupicchu in Peru, Masai Mara in Kenya, the big fall of Iguassu in Argentina, mountains in Pakinstan ...; many weird experience who won't believe, such like I met ghost a few times in my life. Yes, I am insane.
I were proud of myself to hike alone at a mountain in Nepal for 2 weeks alone with a poor hand-writing map, a sleeping bag in my backpack. There has no guesthouse anywhere, so I slept with very kind village locals. It might be the most memorable experience of me in life.
Another is, I were travelling alone in S.A. at 1995 for 8 months. Met and saw a lot of wonderful scenery,desert, lakes, big water-falls, historical sites and many unexplanation places of Peru and Bolivia. I have been stolen in bus, robbied by a group criminals with guns on bus, also nearly being kidnapped ... btw, I still survive!
I can teach some simple Chinese cooking, share our culture and history, and all my funny hosting and travelling stories.
I can help for cooking or anything can help in house.
Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, Egypt, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mauritius, Nepal, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Romania, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of, Viet Nam
Join Couchsurfing to see Ada's full profile. It's free!View Full Profile