Not Accepting Guests
- 93% response rate
- Last login 3 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Karo’s full profile. It’s free!
For COUCHSURFING NEWBIES: take the time to read my profile and tell me why you think we will be friends. Also if you have never hosted, please tell me why (because i am new on CS is not an sufficient answer to this question). https://support.couchsurfing.org/hc/en-us/articles/200640010-How-do-I-write-a-good-couch-request
I CAN ONLY HOST ON WEEKENDS (Due to work I am only in vienna from Thursday evening till Monday morning, so i can only host you in vienna during those periods).
- Usually i am quite easy to get along with.
- I can be shy and awkward at times, but if I hit it off with a person I can open up very quickly.
- I usually have strong opinions, but I am very fond of talking to people, who can show me a different perspective.
- I love drinking beer in cheap and comfortable pubs, playing boardgames and dancing passionatly to music I can sing along with (I feel to old to pretend to like loud electronic music).
- I like history, and I can tell you about some of the bizarrer parts of Austrian history.
- I like surrelism and everything that kind of falls out of the usual. There is a lot of beauty in ugly things.
- My three rats are kinda smelly, but they are polite and cute (except Antti, he is a psycho... still pretty cute though)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
You are here aswell, so I assume you'd know...
painting, hiking, crafting in any kind of way, travelling, sewing, theater, literature, american tv, art, improoving my russian, Soviet megalomaniac arcitecture, abandoned buildings, minimalism, cooking and EATING
- pub crawls
- electronic music
Music, Movies, and Books
Some of my all time favourites:
"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift."
Hildegard Knef, Janis Joplin, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, the white stripes, yeah yeah yeahs, awolnation, fifa, wir sind helden, marylin manson, tracy chapman, cat empire
Hermann Hesse, Vladimir Sorokin, Fjodor Dostojewski, Franz Kafka, Sofi Oksanen, Jonathan Safran Foer, Mary Oliver, Max Frisch, Edgar Allan Poe
Wrist Cutters, Inglorious Bastards, Howl's Castle, Moonstruck, Mulan, Frozen, Faust, What we do in the shadows, Twelve Man, Persepolis, Pan's Labyrith, me earl and the dying girl, win win, perks of beeing a wallflower
And so many more
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
went to the gigantic UFO in Bulgaria, attended lectures on Russian politics in Russia, raised two baby ducks in a flat in Istanbul, hanging out with my grandmother is always pretty amazing, travellelling for half a year in Asia, travelling the Balkan, falling in love, falling out of love
Teach, Learn, Share
If you need your jeans repared after moths of travelling, I might be willing to do that.
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Austria, Russian Federation, Turkey