Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 5 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Katerina’s full profile.
Well I'm thoughtful and respectful towards others, open-minded, however rather an intravert (so Couchsurfing is also a way for me to open up my internal boundaries), very calm and quiet person (definitely not a party person, but I do appreciate having fun too).
I try to maintain active lifestyle: follow up and attend cultural and other interesting events in my city, attend fitness club/swimming pool and do some little outdoor sports like bicycle, sailing, ice-skating, badminton from time to time.
I believe 3 things are indispensable in my life: music, traveling and sports!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Searching for travel companions, friends and soulmates, sharing leisure time and activities, socializing and just meeting and get acquainted with new nice people
- music festivals
- classical music
- ice skating
- cultural exchange
- foreign languages
- walking around
- table games
- playing piano
- french culture
- cultural events
- reading and writing
Music, Movies, and Books
That would be a very long list!!
- Classic music, musicals, la chanson française, choir music, soft jazz, some good pop music too, like ABBA or Sting;
- Movies like "And now ladies and gentlemen....", "Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain, "Les choristes", "The Phantom of the opera", "Knocking on heaven's door", "Sliding doors", "Mamma mia", "Breakfast at Tiffany's", "Collateral beauty", and many many more; serious movies, romantic movies, dramas and melodramas, some old soviet movies;
- Exupery and Remarque, Delerm and Sagan, Maugham and Fowles, Coelho and R.Bach just to list a few, russian poetry
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
More than one!
- Sailed a Tall Ships Race across the Baltic sea
- Worked on board the dredging vessel in Arctic
- Had the honour to sing a concert together with Bruno Pelletier, one of my favorite contemporary pop singers, as a member of back vocal choir. And another time also with Patrick Bruel! Live :)
- Flied an ULM (ultralight motor aircraft)
- Survived a HUET training (Helicopter Underwater Escape Training)
- Published a book
- Volunteered to help abandoned eldery people in the nursing house. (Spending time with those people is the most amazing and touching experience ever when speaking about human emotions, although sometimes heart-breaking too)
- Took one amazing cat from a shelter to my home :)
And hopefully yet more to come
Life itself is the most amazing thing :)
What I Can Share with Hosts
Positive attitude and smile, some life wisdom or life experience, some interesting conversations on literature, arts, music, philosophy, etc.
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Serbia, Seychelles, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City State, Åland Islands
Countries I’ve Lived In
Netherlands, Russian Federation