Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 15 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Katryn’s full profile. It’s free!
Of course all of my positive references are entirely accurate, but I thought I should offer a few disclaimers:
- I have 2 cats who have minds of their own
- I work from home for a company in NY, 6 am - 3 pm local time, which means I go to bed fairly early (~10 pm)
- I have no sense of direction and am always late (I suspect these things might be related). Do like my friends and show up 15 minutes after I tell you I'll be there, so you don't have to wait.
- I'm living in Portland for the first time in 15 years, so I'm not up to date on the latest cool places and happenings, but I can recommend some classics and am happy to discover new things together
- Finally, I'm terrible about e-mail. If I haven't written to you in a while, it doesn't mean I don't still love you!
Treat others as you want to be treated. I try (but sometimes fail) to follow this and expect my surfers to do the same - with me, the cats, and any other guests.
The cats, however, have no morals. Consider yourself warned.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Host as much as I can stand!
I've hosted about 100 people since October 2007 -- almost all wonderful experiences!
Art, music, city life...
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: The more obscure, the better. ;)
Music: Anything of quality played on real instruments. No annoying, repetitive electronica!
Books: Trying to catch up on some of the classics I missed out on in my unconventional education.
Reading is like traveling without leaving your chair, so if you have a favorite author you feel really has something to say about your homeland, city, or culture, I'd love to know!
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Thunder, lightning, pouring rain, and hail in the Sahara desert. WTF!?!
Teach, Learn, Share
I'd love to learn anything you'd care to share!
I'm a writer and editor, so if you need help with anything (in English!) that needs to sound professional, I'd be happy to take a look.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Portugal, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In
United Kingdom, United States