- Last login about 4 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Mikaela’s full profile. It’s free!
leave all the bullshit behind!
1. i am an incredibly fast pee-er, unlike most of the female gender.
2. i love big, mean looking dogs who are really sweethearts, and i've got two of them. so if you fear easily, you probably want to look elsewhere.
3. going on a roadtrip through the u.s. was the most amazing and liberating experience of my life, hands down.
4. i'm a tad bit impulsive which either comes in super handy, or...not so much.
5. i love my home city and really, REALLY hate it when people talk any kind of shit on philly....and new york is NOT better!! :)
6. i am studying english with a minor in religion and spanish so that hits on a lot of my interests right there.
7. i have driven a taxi cab, fallen into a bed of oysters, shredded my hands on a barbed wire fence punishing me for attempting to overtake it in order to reach a pool, lived without money and hardly any food in an arizona barrio for a few months, and i plan on continuing in my ways of complete ridiculousness for as long as i possibly can, or, in other words, until i am dead.
8. i will always try to find the humorous side to things....but that doesn't mean i'm so good at it.
"craziness is like heaven" -jimi hendrix
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
i give you a couch, maybe some food, maybe some crappy jokes (have you ever heard elephant jokes??) and in return...you give me yourself, your conversation & thoughts.
people hooked me up throughout the u.s. and now i am loving being a host whenever i can and meeting wonderful people from all over the world.
writing, reading, music, my dogs, my friends, my family, traveling, dreaming.
Music, Movies, and Books
writers: chuck palahniuk is my go-to, however, also sherman alexie, julio cortazar, vladimir nobokov, blake nelson.
movies: the virgin suicides, supertroopers, dangerous lives of altar boys, empire records, fight club.
music: black keys, led zeppelin, cream, ccr, pj harvey, atmosphere, sublime, pixies, tribe called quest, stone temple pilots, nirvana, janis joplin, beatles, the roots, talking heads.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
splunking in caves in the yucatan peninsula used by the mayans for refuge.
climbing the ruins.
Teach, Learn, Share
haha, please ask me all about my esoteric knowledge. in fact, most of my "esoteric knowledge" is in regard to what the hell "esoteric knowledge" means since i had no clue when i saw it, looked it up, and although that may not be terribly "esoteric" of me, there HAVE to be other people who didn't know what it meant either....right?.....
Countries I’ve Visited
Anguilla, Argentina, Aruba, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Italy, Jamaica, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, Virgin Islands, British, Virgin Islands, U.S.
Countries I’ve Lived In