Not Accepting Guests
- Last login over 3 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Katie’s full profile. It’s free!
Taking advantage of every opportunity to learn something different and meet someone new :)
In general, I am a mix of a hardworking/studious person (at my job or in school) and an adventurous, happy, laid back person in my free time.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I've hosted a few times (unfortunately I have not always lived with roommates who like couchsurfing) and have surfed twice. I've also gone to quite a few meeetups when I lived in Spain and am excited to get back into it in NYC :).
traveling (of course), dancing, meeting new people, people watching (when you sit at a cafe or on a park bench looking at the people), reading, cooking, riding my bicycle, history (especially European history and the history of philosophy), music festivals or really any live music
- music festivals
- salsa dancing
- live music
Music, Movies, and Books
music: radiohead, explosions in the sky, portishead, rage against the machine, led zeppelin, air, placebo, tool (I know, they are weird, but please don't make fun of me), Oasis, MGMT, Kings of Leon, Mana, the Mars Volta, Modest Mouse
I also like almost anything if I am going to a concert (except for bad punk...you just can't hear anything).
Books: The Reader, Anna Karenina, The Great Gatsby, 1984, Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Lord of the Rings, Lolita, Catch 22, anything by Vonnegut, Jane Eyre
Teach, Learn, Share
1) I'm great practice for speaking English! I know this sound silly, but I do teach and am happy to answer any questions or just help out. I'm sure most everyone here communicates well in English, but if you have questions about things that likely only native speakers would know (becuase they come from cultural references, are idioms, etc.), you can learn while hanging out with me :)
2) Cooking :) In my experience living abroad and traveling, I have found that many people think that we don't have good food in the USA and that we can't cook. I am not a gourmet chef, but I do like to BBQ, bake cookies, and prepare American style breakfasts.
What I'd like to learn:
1) Anything you have to teach me! I love to learn in general, so whether you want to talk about history, science, politics, computers, music, etc., I'm happy to hear about it.
2) More specifically, it would be great to learn to cook more traditional dishes from different countries, to ride a bicycle with no hands, to improve my salsa dancing, to learn at least a few phrases in lots of different languages, and to understand Hegel (a German philosopher I had a very hard time reading) :)
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Morocco, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Spain, United States