Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 6 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Kenneth’s full profile. It’s free!
To give back to "life" more than I take out of it...that's the simple meaning of it for me!
Hi there, I'm Ken McCallum and I'm currently cycling en route from Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt to Cape Town in South Africa. The cycle and journey, part of the www.BetterLifeCycle.com project (set up by my great friend Dan Harrison) is hoping to raise £100,000 for orphaned children in Africa. We aim to visit selected orphanages and deliver much needed aid directly to the children and volunteers.
Before this project I was living and working in London - working for an International Law firm as a Business Analysts within I.T. I had a great, stable job with lots of great friends around me...but for now, Africa, charity work and adventure is calling me!
I'd like to think I'm an easy going type of chap; easy to talk to and get along with! I enjoy going out (music is a keen interest of mine), spending time with friends and meeting new people.
What will be, will be; but I'm a great believer you can also make your own luck so make the most of the time you have, get out there and enjoy it!
Try to put more in that you take out...
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I'm very new to Couch Surfing...I'm currently travelling so cannot host, but having been amazed and overwhelmed by the wonderful hospitality of many couch surfers, I'll be sure to return the hospitality on my return to the UK.
My travelling companion Dan Harrison was a member before I was...but our first couch surfing experience was only a few months ago in (Alexandria) courtesy of a hugely hospitable chap called Shehab.
I've also since Couch Surfed in Cairo...again the recipient of wondeful hospitality from Ahmed who showed us around the city (as did Shehab) and was generally just ace.
Hoping to Couch Surf some more and then return the hospitality on my return!
Well I have a number of interents, but primarily these involve:
- Music; a very keen passion of mine - both listening and writing. Interested in all forms of Music, though particularly dance/electronic music with a fusion of ethnic world music. Artists such as Enigma, Vangelis and Amethystium are keen favourites of mine.
- I.T: I have a geeky side :) Really enjoy (and hate) computers...not so much the component side, but the software and web development side. I've developed and worked on numerous websites (including the www.betterlifecycle.com website with my great friend Dan) through the years...and hope to work on many more!
- Travelling: Love seeing and experiencing new things, particularly, in more recent months, areas that put me outside of my comfort zone. Travelling through Africa by bike is sure going to be a challenge but amazing!
- electronic music
- world music
Music, Movies, and Books
I love Music as mentioned in my Interests section: Enigma, Vangelis and Amethystium are favoured artists of mine.
Not a big reader of books...in fact I've read hardly any...but I do read some from time to time, honest!
Go to the cinema and watch (and enjoy) movies occasionally, but my knowledge of films and movies is...well...pretty small!
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I'm doing it right now and it's both amazing and exciting! Cycling for charity all the way from Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt to Cape Town in South Africa - all part of the www.BetterLifeCycle.com project.
Teach, Learn, Share
Wow, this sounds interesting. Certainly keen to find out more about this but for sure I'm able to help with teaching (and sharing):
- Information Technology (I.T.) - In particular the Internet & Software Development
Countries I’ve Visited
Egypt, Finland, India, Mexico, Singapore, United Arab Emirates
Countries I’ve Lived In