- 48% response rate
- Last login about 22 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Kevin’s full profile. It’s free!
NOTE: message me about 2 weeks before you arrive
Current Goal: 30 countries before I turn 30 years old in 2017! I have reached over two-thirds (2/3) of my goal so far. A few more to go! :)
>>>ABOUT STAYING WITH ME<<<
- to improve your chances of getting a positive response right away:
1. requests must be made preferably in 2 WEEKS OR LESS before you arrive
2. solo travelers are preferred (although there are exceptions)
3. who have many references/friends on your CS profile
4. staying max 3 nights
- if i say yes to your request, confirm your stay within 1 day after i have accepted. This is to be considerate to others who have requested.
- sorry i cannot reply to all messages. Theres just too many! O.O I get at least one request a day. If i do not reply within a day or two, it most likely means i am not available/already hosting someone on your dates. If your dates are flexible, mention it in your message.
- if you want to stay with me, check out the groups i'm a member of. if youre fine with that, send me a CS request. (it would be nice if you were a member of those groups too but i have no preference)
- only thing i ask in return is a positive reference, and i guarantee you will have a positive reference in return and an overall positive CS experience just as many others have before :)
- southeast asia-born chinese currently based in tokyo. travel industry professional and published travel writer
>>>ABOUT MY PLACE<<<
- disclaimer: since i want you to have the best time, i would like you to know: wifi can be slow at times, and on some days (weekdays) we may need to leave the house together on or before 830am. please make sure this is 100% fine with you before you send me a CS request
- simple apartment, a decent place to sleep and leave your luggage
- LOCATION: near nishieifuku station (on the inokashira line), 8 minutes walk. this station is 20minutes away from shibuya station.
- no beds, just a futon in a shared room (like most homes in japan)
- in the winter, there's a heater (better have a thick jacket). in the summer, there's a fan (better have skimpy clothes)
- shampoo, soap available
>>>HOW TO GET HERE<<<
-via narita airport:
first you can:
1. exchange your foreign currency to japanese yen
2. buy a wifi sim card
3. get some tourist maps
then ask information which bus stop has the narita sky access bus going to tokyo station. you pay 1000yen cash when you board the bus. the bus has only 2 stops. tokyo station (first stop) and ginza station. after 1 hour get off at tokyo station. straight ahead you will see tokyo station. just follow the other travelers and cross the street. look for the JR yamanote (green circle) train line, buy a ticket going to shibuya station (takes about 25mins.) i will meet you in shibuya at the hachiko dog (exit 8). you can access wifi from the nearby tokyu department store.
-via haneda airport:
after exchanging foreign currency, buying a wifi sim card, getting tourist maps, go to the trains bound for shinagawa station. from shinagawa, change to the JR yamanote line to go to shibuya station. i will meet you in shibuya at the hachiko dog (exit 8). you can access wifi from the nearby tokyu department store.
free wifi access in japan
if you're still reading this part, congratulations! whether i can host you or not, you can make use of the starbucks wifi anywhere in japan (you can access it from outside their store so no need to buy a drink)
user name: firstname.lastname@example.org / password: avenix.travel
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
to meet like-minded individuals!
>>>WHY I AM HOSTING<<<
- over the years i have been accommodated so kindly by hosts in different countries. Now that i have my own place, i want to pay it forward. It's also nice to have friends all over the world of course, who i hope to meet again someday when i visit. :)
arcade (tekken, street fighter)
touring people around,
cuddling (based on mutual consent of course haha)
- solo travel
Music, Movies, and Books
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
i traveled from the south of taiwan (kaohsiung) to the middle (taichung) to the north (taoyuan, near taipei) aboard the bullet train - all in one day! :D
also, having visited the spectacular maldives - on a budget!
Teach, Learn, Share
those from a different background than mine - basically everybody!
What I Can Share with Hosts
my place, my time, my sense of humor :)
Countries I’ve Visited
Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Georgia, Guam, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Macao, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Palau, Philippines, Qatar, Russian Federation, Serbia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In