Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 3 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Khiet’s full profile.
My name can be pronounced "Kit" like Kit-Kats ;)
I'm in love with nature, culture, language, and people. So really I'm in love with life and everything it has to offer.
I have copious amount of energy. I am naturally interested in so many areas that you could say I am a woman of "tricks of all trades." I never seem to run out of subjects to talk about. A true extrovert at its best! I always love being around people and meeting new people--it's actually a hobby of mine.
I am a biomedical engineer by training, however, recently my company got bought out and I'm on a new path in my life to venture out on the world. My engineering career is short lived, 5 years to be exact. I don't regret it, but I am in a new phase of my life with lots of new opportunities that are being presented to me.
Which brings me to my next topic, traveling. I want to travel the world and I am open to suggestions where to go next.. ALWAYS.
I am considering teaching English abroad while doing some missionary work. It is a passion of mine to help people and to be a voice in a crowd.
WITH THAT BEING SAID... I moved to Playa del Carmen. So lets start and make some new friendships. :)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I love meeting new people and sharing stories and adventures with my fellow wander-lusters.
- skin care
- salsa dancing
- meeting new people
Music, Movies, and Books
When it comes to music . . this is hard because I listen to everything. I mean literally everything, I like to give music an opportunity to be heard before deciding if I like it or just not to my liking.
Movies: Office Space, Passengers, A Walk to Remember, The Notebook, God's Not Dead, Marvel movies, Intersteller, Zootopia, How to Train Your Dragon, Finding Nemo, Despicable Me, Inception, The Help, Imitation Game, 12 Years Slave, Into the Wild, etc.. need I say more?! I love movies... :P
Books: Poisonwood Bible, Into the Wild, The Giver, Life of Pi, Life Changing Habits of Tiding Up, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff, I Could Do Anything if I Knew What it Was, The String Theory, The Notebook, The Great Gatsby, The Bible.. etc.. I like to read mostly non-fiction books.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Developed pharmaceutical drugs for Sickle Cell Anemia and Crohn's Disease.
- Built an in house EKG/ECG from scraps.
- Published research papers.
- Help build a program for elementary children to bring awareness to STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) programs.
- Signed up to be part of a salsa and a bachata team. Latin Fusion and YAMULEE Oklahoma!
Teach, Learn, Share
- I can teach some Vietnamese language, culture, and cooking.
- I have a camera with me always, I'm a self-taught photographer.
- I love to cook and I wouldn't mind cooking for you! :)
- I would like to learn more languages, it's a passion of mine.
- Let's sing together, because nothing says friendship if you can't sing together and have fun with it.
- I love to dance and I love learning new dance moves.
What I Can Share with Hosts
My stories, my life and most of all my friendship.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Bahamas, Belize, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, Peru, Thailand, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Mexico, United States, Viet Nam