Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 12 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Kim’s full profile. It’s free!
UPDATE: Sadly, due to a number of negative experiences from male hosts who have made me feel disrespected and unsafe, I am currently only accepting female hosts.
--- ^^^ --- ^^^ --- ^^^ --- ^^^ ---
Hi, I'm Kim. I'm 32 and live in London. In 2010 I quit my job and started travelling. I've been travelling on and off ever since. I've recently completed a degree in Social Work and am about to embark on a new adventure travelling around Asia to celebrate.
Travelling is one of my big passions. In part because I really love people. I love how different individuals, families, and communities are across the globe and yet despite these differences, we are also all the same. I adore children and have of lots of experience with them. I also adore animals and spent several years working at a veterinary surgery as a teenager - so I'm happy to be around your pets!
I love the great outdoors and hiking. I have a good sense of humour and love to play - I try to live my life to the absolute fullest.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I'm new to both couch surfing and workaway - I've heard a lot of positive things about both these mediums as a way of truly getting to know the local culture and I am hoping they will give me the opportunity to immerse myself in local life and get to experience the real location.
While travelling, I want to learn about the different cultures within a country; to learn its history, the religions, the beliefs and superstitions, to eat the local food, and to experience local life. I'm hoping to experience as many festivals and local traditions as possible and would love to join my hosts/have them join me at any festivities.
- social work
- watching movies
- meeting people
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Climbed to Base Camp Everest
Teach, Learn, Share
I am passionate about equality and believe in community education and development. I'm keen to get involved with some projects along my travels. I'm hoping to use/share the skills and knowledge which I have gained through social work in some way or another.
I have experience working with people of all ages, from 1 to 94 years old. I have worked with both children and adults with additional needs including learning disabilities, physical disabilities, dementia, and mental ill-health.
Some of the ways which I have volunteered while travelling are:
- Helping children with activities in a kindergarten with children aged 1-5
- Taught at a school with children aged 2-18
- Helped out at an orphanage making homework sheets and helping children to practice English, as well as cooking, cleaning, and playing
- Running activity groups for children aged 7-14.
- Lived with a family helping to look after their elephant. This involved manual labour chopping down and carrying banana trees for most of the day
- Helped with building work at a school including hand mixing and laying cement, building a gate, replacing roofing, putting a fence up around the school, and planting trees.
What I Can Share with Hosts
- I'm honest and trustworthy.
- Good company. I'm happy to share stories and travel tips and to listen to your stories.
- I would love to learn about your life: what's it important to you, what you love, what you hate!
- Happy to cook or help with some chores.
- I'm always willing to try new things and get 100% involved.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, France, Germany, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Laos, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mexico, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Northern Ireland, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Scotland, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United States, Viet Nam, Wales
Countries I’ve Lived In