Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 4 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Bart and Patti’s full profile. It’s free!
To travel whenever and wherever possible
We enjoy meeting new people. We enjoy sharing what we have and where we live with others.
We have family and friends around the US, and in Norway, England, Brazil, & Australia. We have several timeshares, and love to have guests.
We considered World Wide Opportunities On Organic Farms (WWOOF) USA, but we don't have a farm.
Life is good! We waste no time on hate or fear.
The world is full of good people, just like us.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
We host and surf and attend local events.
We belong to several groups: Dallas; Fort Worth; Family Welcome Group (and Google map); and, 40s+ Travellers.
2007-11-23 to 2007-12-14: ISIDROCO, to buy a motorcycle and then to ride the Pan-American Highway back home (in Argentina).
2007-12-14 to 2007-12-15: ISIDROCO, at Hill Country Resort, on his way home. Read (in Español) about his journey here: isidro's blog.
2008-03-28 to 2008-03-29: Johnny Stovall, returning home from Indonesia.
2008-07-19 to 2008-07-20: Sarah Fresse, in town along with a group of French high-school students.
2008-11-08 to 2008-11-09: Jordan Gamble, en-route to see friends and tour a college in Longview, TX.
2009-03-08 to 2009-03-10: Joe Jenkins, on his way home from touring Central and South America.
2009-05-19 to 2009-05-21: Eric Nix, to see his favorite band perform in Dallas.
2009-07-24 to 2009-07-27: Beate Roll and family, on their way home after touring the eastern US.
2009-03-28 to 2009-08-12: Keven Yvon, to practice and improve his English-speaking skills.
2009-10-26 to 2009-10-31: Charlie Hunter to see his grandson, without crowding them.
2009-11-28 to 2009-11-29: Dianne Aaronson, on her way home to LA.
2010-07-03 to 2010-07-06: Gale McCray here as a good/safe place to start CS-ing.
2010-07-31 to 2010-08-05: Mary Herron and Samantha Mashaw to see her mother/grandmother.
2011-04-29 to 2011-05-01: Gale McCray here as a good/safe place to start CS-ing.
2011-05-13 to 2010-05-15: Gale McCray here as a good/safe place to start CS-ing.
2011-09-07 to 2011-09-17: ISIDROCO, to introduce his girlfriend to us, to buy another motorcycle, and then to tour the southeast US and see some musicians.
2011-09-23 to 2011-09-24: ISIDROCO, en-route to Galveston, to ship the bike back home.
2011-09-27 to 2011-10-04: ISIDROCO, en-route back home.
2013-11-05 to 2013-11-07: ISIDROCO, to introduce his daughter to us, to buy yet another motorcycle, and then to visit Las Vegas.
2013-11-11 to 2013-11-20: ISIDROCO, en-route back home.
2007-12-27 to 2007-12-31: CURLYGIRL21 in Saint Louis, MO, for the funeral of Bart's aunt.
2008-02-29 to 2008-03-02: MICHAELISFAMILY in Leander, TX, for the wedding of Patti's neice.
2009-03-13 to 2009-03-14: Dick Sandbrook in Abilene, TX, for the funeral of Patti's step-father.
2009-07-10 to 2009-07-12: Kristy Acosta in Galveston, TX, because Keven wanted to go to the beach.
2010-07-17 to 2010-07-18: CURLYGIRL21 in Saint Louis, MO, to wish Sue a Happy Birthday! Yeah!
2010-07-29 to 2010-07-30: Sal Tavormina in Austin, TX, to spend time with Patti's cousin, before the family reunion started.
* Reckless Generosity
* How did you discover CouchSurfing.com?
* How do you explain to family/friends your willingness to allow perfect strangers into your home? to stay overnight?
* How do you explain to family/friends your willingness to stay the night in the home of a perfect stranger?
* History; geography; cultures
* Urban living; the environment
* Families and children
* Fostering; adoption; elder care
* Electronic communications: email; IM; SMS; blogs; tweets
* (Bart) Computer programming
* (Bart) Wine
* (Patti) Food: cooking; recipes; cookbooks; low/no-carb diets
* (Patti) Education: special; MHMR; EBD; autism; social work
* (Patti) Therapy: music; art; equine; pet
* (Patti) Twelve (12) step programs; self-help/self-improvement programs
* Sacred places: churches; cathedrals; synagogues; mosques; temples; sanctuaries; labyrinths; monastaries; convents
* Public spaces: plazas; squares; parks
* Pipe Organs
* Mountains; Water bodies
* (Patti) Cooking; eating
* (Bart) Eating; drinking
* Public transport: subways; streetcars; light-rail; trains; ships; boats; buses; planes; highways; taxis
* Travel: domestic; world-wide
* Bicycling; walking; hiking
* (Patti) Gardening
* (Patti) Boating; fishing
* (Patti) Studio arts: lessons, classes
* (Patti) Low-impact exercise: yoga; stretching; pilates; tai chi; water aerobics
- performing arts
- social work
Music, Movies, and Books
Visual/Graphic/Fine (2d) "Art"
* (Bart) Some
* (Patti) Yes
* Anything except horror, especially excessive or gratuitous violence
* (Patti) Comedy(!), Musicals, Clowning
* (Bart) Sometimes
* (Patti) Yes
* Classical; Jazz; Rock; A Cappella
* Piano; French Horn; Percussion
* (Bart) Count Basie; Duke Ellington; Billie Holliday; Miles Davis; Bill Evans; Rush; Led Zeppelin; Boston
* (Patti) Beatles; Love songs
* (Bart) Science Fiction
* (Bart) Yes
* (Patti) Low/no-carb food plans
* (Bart) Red wine; dark beer; ale; mead
* (Patti) Margaritas
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
(Bart) Crazy Horse Memorial, South Dakota, USA
(Bart, again!) Dominica
Teach, Learn, Share
(Patti) Cooking: Southern US, esp. Texan; Barbecue; Tex-Mex
Countries I’ve Visited
Aruba, Australia, Barbados, Dominica, Jamaica, Mexico, Norway, Puerto Rico, United Kingdom, United States, Virgin Islands, U.S.
Countries I’ve Lived In