Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 7 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Nicolas’s full profile. It’s free!
Gather incredible stories, people and pictures from Georgia.
In France and Switzerland, I give shows where people travel through my speech and photographies. Traveling hence became my profession.
I was settled for three years in a magical place in Siberia: Olkhon island, in the middle of Lake Baikal. I made a photo album and toured France to tell about Lake Baikal. Then I did the same about Tajikistan, and the history will repeat with Georgia.
I never buy return tickets. For the last 11 years, I felt like a nomad: finding a good place, settling for a while, and leaving for a new adventure. I gathered many inspiring stories that I am always happy to share.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Couchsurfing has changed my life. It largely defines my way of traveling and experiencing stays abroad.
I speak about the project usually in terms of outstanding personal experiences and usually people are persuaded to join!
Couchsurfing is an awesome response to the lack of spontaneous hospitality in modern cultures.
The community has helped me a lot especially when it was about getting settled in a city (for instance Izmir, Berlin, Riga).
Wonderful travel memories in Denmark, Turkey, France, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania, Tajikistan, Iran etc...
I recently created a photo album about Lake Baikal, and another one about Tajikistan. I am doing presentations in Europe about life in Siberia and Central Asia.
! Languages !
My favorite hobby might be collecting special times with great people (like you)
Share traveling stories through words and pictures
Live an outstanding life in outstanding places
Traditional musics from all over the world
Music, Movies, and Books
A long and mixed list
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- traveled and lived abroad for 7 years. Never sent application letters to anybody but got great jobs everywhere.
- spent 1,5 year in Tajikistan where I eventually found a great job in an international school.
- teaching photography in Siberia
- driving a 100 € car all the way from France to Burkina Faso (13000km, 4 months).
- listening, having fun, dancing in Pakistani Sufi festivals
- driving rickshaws/taxi bikes in Copenhagen
- Nepal: unforgettable 16 days trek in December in the Himalayas
- India: the biggest religious festival in the world: Kumbh Mela dozens of millions gathering on the banks of the Very Holy :) Ganga river.
- hundreds of 6000-8200m mountains as an everyday sightseeing for some weeks in Pakistan.
- shamanism has crossed my way a couple of times for the last years, and the experience of a large number of unexplained events drives my quest for answers.
Teach, Learn, Share
I usually teach Photography/English/French/computers.
What I am good at is telling how to live abroad without initial plans :)
Enjoy tons of gooood music and let's share the 100 best life or travel stories we all have packed in our head !!
Countries I’ve Visited
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Burkina Faso, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Georgia, Greece, India, Iraq, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mali, Mauritania, Moldova, Morocco, Nepal, Netherlands, Pakistan, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine, Western Sahara
Countries I’ve Lived In
Denmark, France, Germany, Latvia, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkey