- 77% response rate
- Last login about 2 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Lars’s full profile.
I like to cook, preferably with other people so I could talk to them or listen to their stories. I also love hiking, surfing and I'm a bit of an history nerd. I'm an open minded, easy to treat person, I don't need much to be happy. (hunger, cold, tiredness : only if these three are hitting me together I'm getting a bit grouchy ).
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I like the idea to share living space cause today so many people are getting depressive just because they don't have someone to talk to and I'm enyoing to listen to other peoples adventures. When I travel myself I like to get some insider tips from the locals and share some nice stories.
- dancing to good music
Music, Movies, and Books
Creedence Clearwater Revival, Bob Dylan, Billy Joel, Bryan Adams, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Status Quo,...., Simon & Garfunkel,..., Amercia
but I'm also into Indie, Funk and Punk-Rock
Movies: The Big Lebowski, Zorba The Greek
Books/Authors (Just a small extract of the list of books I love [ I think i forgot a few anyway]):
Some of my favorites when talking about fantasy:
- Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle; This one is a must read for all fantasy fans, unfortunately this series is not finished yet, but Patrick Rothfuss should take all the time he needs, really good story)
- Brandon Sanderson (Mistborn trilogy, really good story-telling and I like the way of how the main character developes its own personality)
- Christopher Paolini (Eragon, of course you can't talk about fantasy literature without talking about Eragon. What I like most about this series is (beside the really good story) the way the magic is explained in this universe.
- J. R. R. Tolkien ( I read The Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion. It was my first fantasy literature and I felt in love with it like everyone else who likes fantasy. The chapter about the Hobbits is just perfect written, love it
- Eiichirō Oda ( One Piece, It is a manga and not a novel but the story which Oda creates is so wonderful and lovely. I am really excited of how the story is going to end.
- George R. R. Martin (A Song of Ice and Fire, to everyone complaining about the TV show and how bad season 7 and 8 were, please read the books, they are brilliant.
- Walter Moers (He is a german author, he wrote many books about a fantasy continent which is called Zamonien. My favorite book from him is "Rumo". I would say this fantasy universe is one of the best ever invented
- Ken Follet (Fall of Giants, Winter of the World, The Pillars of the Earth, for a history lover a must read. I really love the way of how this guy is telling a story. All the books are thrilling.
- Dan Brown (Origin, Inferno, The Lost Symbol, had a few sleepless-nights because I wanted to know how the stories are going to end, definitely worth reading)
- Paulo Coelho (O Alquimista, deep story, you should take some time to read it, it's not for fast reading)
- Jorge Bucay (Stories for Demián, again a book which you can't just read but I would recommend it to everyone)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
surfed with dolphins
What I Can Share with Hosts
some good stories
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, France, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Montenegro, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Slovenia, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, Viet Nam, Wales
Countries I’ve Lived In