Not Accepting Guests
- 100% response rate
- Last login about 13 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Hieu’s full profile.
Go to see the world, meet people and appreciate life :)
When I work I work hard and serious, while on traveling , i'm another one.
As the others say, I'm a typical Capricorn :
"talkative and quiet, serious and silly, friendly and cold."
Just define when you meet me in real life :)
The best way to predict your future is to create it.
KEEP WALKING! :)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Knew CS "existence" from a young nomad blogger
Up to now, I have hosted, couched and met many CSers, shared our stories, travel tips, experience and kept in touch with some good friends :)
1. As a Surfer
- My first CS exp is in BSB, Brunei October 2012
I was hosted by a PR couple. My first and best experience with CS! I was picked up at airport( while taxi was so rare (!) I was lucky to get truly kind host even I was a " newbie". ( still intend to come back to "court" the Prince =))
Since then I'd like to raise the CS spirit :) encourage more people on traveling! yolo
- April 2013: 2nd exp with CS marked with my 9 day trip to Bali which motivated me to come back traveling Indonesia again.
I met such many big minds despite their modest appearance;)
-Aug 2013: met again my CS and was hosted in the best casino city: Macau:)
- Mar-Apr 2014: greatest trip thru Indonesia couldnt be "spectacle" without help, advice and hosting from so many active CSers all over Indo : From Medan, Aceh, Jakarta, Bogor, Bandung, Jogja, Malang, Bromo, Surabaya, Kupang, Makassar, Jayapura until Merauke. Lovely country, wild beauty and amazing kind people!
- May 2014: trip to Penang, Malaysia, that I was hosted by a sympathetic local. Another ambitious plan to travel thru Malaysia.
2. As a host: ( in my old town: Mahasarakham)
- Mar 2013: hosted a Serbian hitchhiker, who has passed million miles, gone to un-populated areas and had many thrilling stories to share.
- May 2013: hosted a Dutch guy, a life-experience collector.
- July 2013: hosted a weird woman who even "set fire" with my neighbor and left me a mess.-> Consider who you intend to host :D ( esp their staying status)
3. As an "active" host in my "previous" city ( Hat Yai)
I hosted 20 within a year!
- June 2014: hosted 2 hitchhikers: from Brunei and France, who brought a new "air" and freshy mind to my house.
- July 2014: hosted a female photographer from Malaysia
-> "accidentally" I became a traveler in my own town.
-Aug 2014: hosted a "senior" Vagabone from Italy: with philosophic mind
- Aug 2014: hosted 4 adventurous guys from Indonesia ^_^ young spirit and an ambitious journey through 5 countries.
- September 2014: hosted 2 Malaysian girls traveled on Eid Holidays: memory of guessing car plague origin and walking back home at midnight.
- Dec 2014: hosted 2 indonesian and 1 Korean guy who travels around the world by bike.
- Dec 2014: hosted the "first" Vietnamese CS :)
- Jan 2015: host a Guangdong girl who arrived in the most wet days v.v
- Jan 2015: hosted a Belarus in new year coming with "male-appearance"
- Jan 20115: hosted a female hitchhiker from Shanghai who traveled with balloon :)
- Jan 2015: hosted a Malaysian and a Indonesian who are very talent in studying and "hunting" scholarship:D
- Fer 2015: hosted 1 Polish, one French and one Estonian girl at the same time
4. As a host at my "home-country" : Hanoi- Vietnam
- Oct 2014: Hosted 2 Thai nomad, traveled with ambition to write own book :)
- Mar 2015: hosted 3 Indonesians, the "favorite guests"- voted by my family members.
- Mar 2015: hosted (again) my Belarus friend and her buddy ( who communicated in German with my grand-father)
- Apr 2015: hosted respectively 2 guys from Serbia, truly international nomads!
- Apr 2015: hosted again my "great" inspiring friend from Malaysia
( CS list I hosted in PhuKet will be updated soon:D : around 50 so far, since August 2015.
5. CS meet-up
- Oh uncountable, and but more frequent when I travel.
To a CS meeting: No one is newbie! Coz everyone is new to each other.
Hwv, I've already met back 10 . Amazing?
- solo traveling ( with light backpack as possible :D)
- taking adventure ( but not kind of extreme hiking or cycling :-)
- cooking ( often be full even not yet have meal =)
- reading sciences or psychology books or kinda need deep concentration
- solo travel
Music, Movies, and Books
3 big mental doctors of my life :D
All quotes and books from Paulo Coelho
I like "tasting" meaning of his quotes from my real experience!
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Miss flight on way back home on people's ignorance then found my own way after running out of tears Y_Y
- Escape from a money-lending, who invited me to stay in a luxurious hotel in KL @_@
- Volcano trekking without any preparation. Lost direction on Rinjani mountain. Survived after climbing, crawling till the top. -.-"
- Recently : quit job then make a gap traveling: the greatest trip of my life: West to East edge of Indonesia. The first trip just travel! yolo
Teach, Learn, Share
CS is amazingly helpfu: "eat" and "live" like a local lah!
However don't depend much on it, do not abuse it!
Looking for host: check well their profile and follow your intuition :)
What I Can Share with Hosts
Material speaking : I can share wifi :)) bed :)) refrigerator:)) food and drinks :))
Spiritual speaking: I am a good listener and an eager "audience" to your stories, adventures or any experience you've got in life :)
Just meet up and see how comes :)
Countries I’ve Visited
Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Timor-Leste (East Timor)
Countries I’ve Lived In
Indonesia, Thailand, Viet Nam