- 0% response rate
- Last login over 4 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Leonie’s full profile. It’s free!
To explore and discover a real life mission...
Hello! I really love meeting new people and experiencing new things, but I also love the people in my life and the little familiar things too. I'm not antisocial but I don't mind having alone time either. I'm getting a bit sleepy so I hope the rest of my profile hélps reveal "all about me"
Still not sure what to put here...
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
So far, I haven't participated. But once I figure out how this works and get set up I can't wait! I'm about to travel, but when I return I would love to host and show travellers around Brisbane and south-east Queensland :).
Little things I like:
- Hot coffee on a cold day and peach iced tea on a hot day
- Good rum and coke
- Having an iPod on long train rides
- Foreign culture: from architecture to little things like signs in a supermarket, all the big and small differences really astound me
- My camera
- Taking pictures of everything and trying to get "candid" pictures of interesting people without freaking them out
- Having a warm, comfy bed
- Winter fashion; big coats, tweed skirts, bright stockings, beautiful scarves... I love it!!
- Strangers that become best friends in a matter of minutes
- Crazy nights out and cozy nights in, equally
- The sound of someone fingerpicking well on a good acoustic guitar
Things I don't like:
- Rudeness, selfishness or dishonesty
- Really loud car engines; seriously, I still don't understand how that can be a cool thing?
- Moths (they scare me)
- Clowns (they also scare me)
Music, Movies, and Books
I like a lot of bands from the 60's (especially The Velvet Underground [and Lou Reed as a solo artist, he's AMAZING], The Beatles, The Kinks, The Rolling Stones, The Zombies, The Small Faces..). I grew up listening to The Cure and angry 80s/90s bands thanks to my father... recently I've been loving Otis Redding, The Mills Brothers and the Hot Rats album by Frank Zappa. I always have The Sleepy Jackson, Modest Mouse or Death Cab For Cutie in a playlist. What I listen to changes a lot!!
Annie Hall = favourite!! I also like other Woody Allen movies, and anything well made. Amelie, 500 Days Of Summer, Juno, The Godfather, Rear Window (and other Hitchcock movies), Jaw Breaker, Pulp Fiction, all make the list!
I don't read very much to be honest, but I like Pride and Prejudice, Wuthering Heights, To Kill A Mockingbird, Madame Bovary, The Harry Potter Series, Silence Of The Lambs... I like good non fiction books as well; I actually find nutrition books and history books good to read as well.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I get amazed by little things, like acts of incredible kindness from strangers or how the houses in Amsterdam are crooked. I've recently started travelling which is the most amazing thing I've done, and something that six months ago I never thought I would do. Seeing places that I've only seen pictures of and doing it on my own is an incredible feeling.
Teach, Learn, Share
I'm still trying to figure out my great strenghs and weaknesses; I do have some understanding of how an SlR camera works, so if you need help with any of its functions I can help out :-) Also if you want to know anything about Australia, in particular Queensland, I could answer your questions... just ask me!
There are so many things I want to learn, but I find I usually learn something from everyone. I'd love to learn a second langauge properly, to sew, to understand the world a bit better, more about music... anything!