- 83% response rate
- Last login 35 minutes ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Sophie’s full profile.
See as many places as possible in the world! Meet as many couchsurfers as possible!!! Have fun! Be happy :)
I am a scientist from France who graduated from NC state in 2016. I now work for a pharmaceutical company in the RTP by RDU airport. I loooove the area! I live south of Raleigh, very close to downtown (~8 mins).
All I want to do is meet new people, laugh, go out, enjoy, have fun... If I can sum me up in few words: I'm talkative, interested by discovering new cultures and countries, positive, always up for party, I love cooking, I like laughing... I have also negative points: I hate false people, liars, people who never smile, elevators, spiders, cockroaches. That's it I think! Hooo I forgot: I'm really happy to be part of this big couchsurfing community :) See you soon!
My favorite quotations:
"Mieux vaut avoir des remords que des regrets" (better remorse than regret)
I try to enjoy life as much as I can!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I go to the events in the triangle as much as I can.
I was one of the organizers for our Triangle couchcrash in September 2018.
I finally got my own place and can open my door to couchsurfers! So far, it has been an amazing experience!
- Anas from DC, Nov 2018
- Laolu, Micah, Christian and Jo from DC during our Triangle couchcrash, Sept 2018
- Trevor from Boston, Dec-Jan 2017-18
- Baptiste from France, Dec 2017
- Pavan from India, April-May 2012
- Shawn from Alaska, April 2010
WAS HOSTED BY:
- Jessica in Charleston, SC, May 21st and 22nd 2010
- Nancy in Savannah, GA, May 23rd 2010
- Noah at his Beach's family house in Myrtle beach, SC, June 18th to 20th 2010
- Katlyn in Washington DC, for the Couch Crash 2010, July 2nd and 3rd
- Jill in Washington DC, for the Couch Crash 2010, July 4th
- Ece in NYC, July 5th to 8th 2010
- Dmytro in SF, July 12th and 13th 2010
- Jon in SF, July 14th and 15th 2010
- Dave in El Portal (Yosemite), July 16th and 17th 2010
- Ryan in LA, July 21st and 22nd 2010
- Cody in Santa Barbara, July 23rd 2010
- Caitlin in Monterey, July 24th 2010
- Aaron and Randa in SF, July 25th 2010
- Amol in Mumbai, India, December 17-18th 2010
- Mario in Charleston, Sep 2018
- Laolu in DC, Oct 2018
I love Chemistry (I'm an analytical chemist!). I like talking, laughing, travelling, meeting new people, listening to music (rock, RnB, some pop, techno and dubstep!). I love dancing and cooking. I like going to the cinema, seeing my friends. I like sharing my French culture with my American friends (movie, food, experience, life...). I enjoy being in the US and discovering the american way of life. American people are so friendly and nice. They smile all the time! To finish: I love bagels and cheesecake (especially from the Cheesecake Factory).
Music, Movies, and Books
Romantic movies: Shakespeare in love, Jeux d'enfants (love me if you dare...), Edward scissorhands, Beauty and the beast, L'auberge espagnol, Les poupées russes, Corpse Bride, l'anacoeur...
Slumdog millionaire, Life is beautiful, Nightmare before Christmas, Bienvenue chez les Ch'ti, Hancock, Tell no one...
Indian movies: 3 idiots, Swades, Jab we met, Jodhaa akbar, Hum tum...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I fell in love with the US, had to go back to France to finish my MS degree but worked in parallel on the TOEFL and GRE to get accepted at NC State for a PhD.
I want(ed) to parachute jump! I am now scared of height :( I cannot even do roller coasters anymore!
Teach, Learn, Share
French food and culture! I love Indian/Asian food. I learnt to cook some India food. I'm proud of that! (Gulab Jamun, Pav Bhaji...).
I play the violin too!
What I Can Share with Hosts
French culture, cooking and hiking spots around!
Countries I’ve Visited
Canada, England, India, Ireland, Italy, Russian Federation, Spain, Switzerland, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
France, United States