- Last login 8 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Abby’s full profile. It’s free!
*** Before you keep reading, I'd like to remind here that, I can't provide accommodation, but I can provide you a good meal at my house, lunch or dinner time on weekends. I know how to cook many Asian style food and Italian ones. Also, I won't charge you, the only thing I wish to exchange is some good conversation and cool stories! ***
I'm a 22 Taiwanese girl who is friendly, energetic, and adventurous. I'm interested in many fields such as traveling, Djing, playing instrument, writing, drawing, photography and language teaching / learning.
I speak fluent Chinese, English and Italian, and I'm learning French as well as German.
I'm currently working as columnist and illustrator for several Taiwanese and HongKong online magazines.
You can see my blog here: https://www.facebook.com/atravelaround/?fref=nf
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Because other than staying in some impersonal hotel to pass the night, I rather and wish to meet locals and to make friends, share stories and experiences, to inspire each other for some memorable memories.
- Writing: I’m a very passionate, sociable, hardworking and sensible person. I’ve started writing since six years old, and my first comic and articles were published on school magazines when I was ten. Later on, I kept attending creative writing courses and never stop to cultivate this hobby.
- Drawing: Other than writing, I’ve developed multiple habits as well. I love to draw (I’ve worked as the graphic editor for high school magazine for one year, and now I’m running a illustration blog on Tumblr and Crossing Line Magazine)
- Djing: I’ve been working as a Dj in Taiwan since 2013 in various events, and I was also the head of a Dj Club in Hsinchu, organizing numerous student parties in this area for two years.
- Playing Instrument: I’ve not only played in a rock band as singer and guitarist for two years, but also played in an orchestra for eight years as a flutist, attended numerous competitions and performances
- Reading: I’ve cultivated my interests in books since kindergarten. Until now I still keep my average reading amount of 2-3 books a month.
- Being a gastronome: Other than enjoying and appreciating the food and its arts in my plates, I love to cook myself and share my handmade cuisines with friends and family. Also, I’m very interested in the knowledge behind each ingredient and cuisine as well.
- Exercising: I trained myself to have the habit of exercising regularly for the sake of general health. I’ve learned pole dancing, running, swimming and volleyballing.
- Traveling: I have a strong desire of traveling, to see and to understand the world based on everything I’ve learned, and during the process enjoying the thrill cultural differences bring, to mold and modify my original thoughts, and furthermore gaining new knowledge.
- Photography: I’ve always been interested in beautiful images. I started from taking pictures with my phone and learned to use all kinds of edit programs by myself, later on I started to practice with camera, regularly learning from books, friends and Internet.
- Sharing: Other than sharing my works and experiences on my Facebook fan page and tumblr page, I also share my creative works on the magazines I write and draw for. For me, things are not as fun as when shared and discussed.
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: Led Zeppelin, Miles Davis, Madlib, Enigma, MF Doom, The Doors, Chet Baker, Eddie Hazel, Pink Floyd, Michael Jackson, Mashti, Daft Punk, A Tribe called Quest, SBTRKT ...
Movie: Blade runner, In the mood for love, Lost in translation, Pulp Fiction, The Shining, Eyes wide shut, Rear Window, Miyazaki Gibli animation, La Grande Belleza ...
Authors: Mo Yan, Magaret Atwood, Neil Gaiman, Tiziano, Herman Hesse, Pablo Castaneda, Edgar Allan Poe, James Joyce, ...
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach: Chinese Language, Chinese cooking
I can Share: Traveling Experiences, flute, drawings
What I Can Share with Hosts
I love to cook and to share my food, and I also enjoy meeting new people, sharing stories, jokes and inspirations.
Although I don't provide accommodation, but I'm very gladly to invite you to come to my house at lunch or dinner time on weekends, I can cook for you (I can cook many Asian style food, even Italian, if you want some Italian taste in Taiwan ) , and provide some local traveling advice ( My job is online content marketing for Taiwanese travel agencies, I believe I can give you plenty of good advices!), all you have to do is just to chill and share some cool stories :-)
Countries I’ve Visited
China, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand
Countries I’ve Lived In
Italy, Singapore, Taiwan