- 45% response rate
- Last login about 1 month ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Ludovic’s full profile. It’s free!
I don't pretend to make this world better, but I'd like to
I am not a complicated host and guest, I just want people to understand my flat is not an hostel and if you could help me at least in washing the dishes/sharing meal expenses, it would be good. Basic principle of CS is to exchange too, so I wish you would appreciate talking and attending some common activities at evening. But I cannot entertain you all day long (especially if it's last minute CS), so I enjoy my guests can have their own program in advance. I can suggest you some interesting places (pubs, restaurants, hiking spots) for the day. I would prefer CS at week-end as I can be really busy with my work during some periods.
After having been a long time in Grenoble, I am now working in Font-Romeu, in the Pyreneas (indeed I have been here since 2007, with just one year spent in Germany, in Dresden).
I was born in a catholic environment but I am not practising any more, I am open-minded into religion and don't mind if my guest is christian, jew, muslim, nihilist, or whatsoever. I cannot hide I am left-winded, but there again living in a rather right-winded family learned me some tolerance (well, if you are nationalist and extrem-right... Then what are you doing on Couchsurfing???).
I enjoy sportshow even if I don't like the way money changed football. But I'm too addicted ;-).
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I attend some manifestations, I can also help in organising movies visits or some manifestations... I can host also in the Pyreneas, as I know the place is quite expensive...
I have hosted:
- Dirk, from Germany. Indeed he is a CS friend from Dresden and I have invited him to watch the ranking game Germany/Uruguay in my flat in the suburb. He stayed for the night and appreciate my very first hosting experience, which is good regarding his bigger experience than mine in CS.
- Mandi and Clive, from England. They have come to visit Northern Catalunya and I hosted them from one night.
- Valentin and Jean-Baptiste, from Switzerland. They came to practice some sport, and I hosted them. We went to the pub and attended some concerts during the evening.
- Kacper, from Poland. Student in Girona, I have hosted him for two nights as he was visiting Pyreneas.
- Marie and her friend, from France. They came to practice some ski in winter 2011-2012 and I've hosted them for 2 nights.
- Jérôme and his girlfriend from Montpellier, France. They came in winter 2011-2012 to practice some nordic skiing, and I hosted them for one night
I have surfed:
- Soraya in Mainz, Germany.
- Dirk in Dresden, Germany.
- Nikolaï and Gulya in Hamburg, Germany.
- Torsten in Bremen, Germany.
Concert, movies, pub, sport manifestations...
I have contributed to the association BEST, Board of European Students of Technology, being member of the XV International Board of it, as vice-president in charge of the complementary education program.
Now my activities are beside my job a slight contribution to the "Cahiers du Football" (a French-speaking internet website, for the football fans who want to share humour, tactic analysis, spotlights on former great teams and current unknown championships, and end with the domination of money / preformated analysis in football), and basic activism in the French socialist party.
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: Casino, Barry Lyndon, Good bye Lenin
Books: Pierre Desproges, Rainer Maria Rilke, Emile Zola, Albert Camus and any good thrillers...
Music: David Bowie, Radiohead, Pink Floyd
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I usually don't like extreme sports, but I managed to fight my fears to practice some waterjump! Definitely crazy! (but my friends were crazier than I).
Teach, Learn, Share
It is a bit difficult to share where you don't have any specific talent. I know how to cook some plates, and I can learn you about my scientific area (solar energy and its use...). And I can also help you practicing your French.
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Greece, Ireland, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In