Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 1 day ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Luis’s full profile. It’s free!
ENGAGING myself to make a better world, broaden my emotions, feelings and knowledges by learning, travelling and sharing
My parents always told me when I was a child: "sometimes is strictly necessary to be precisee". So even if i love chattering i will summerise the most as possible!! If I had to choose 5 qualifiyng adjectives (not easy at all!!), I would describe myself as:
1) positive and SMILY (I always try to keep good vibes even when circumstances are not the best and i think i somehow get to rub it off on many people surrounding me)
2) Engaged to carry out a sustainable way of life. Taking responsability of my individual contribution to make the world move forward in a more positive way. Taking the time to get information and raise awareness about other realities and using thoughts and honesty to claim for human's dignity.
"Consumme responsably and consciously, preferably local, fair-trade and organic products as an essential to a better and sustainable world"
3) Dynamic and Curious of learning over about everything I'm keen on and, in general, about making the most of every moment without wasting a second (But ei, i don't mean that sometimes being idle is bad...we also need brakes and switching off from our stressful modern way of life!;). LOVE sports, dancing, music...
4) Open-minded. I ve been already living abroad in different countries and for me is vital to have a wide range of points of view and experiences involving other spots and folks. Have no taboos in a chat but i have a clear mind about what to do and not!!
5) Outgoing. For that my birthplace has made a great contribution since Andalucia is meant to be a land where peolpe talk to each other and laugh together even without having a lot in common. Lately is beginning to change (to me) but, in some way, some places still hold that rural spirit where interacting with the others is almost familiar.
I guess I have all this in common with many others CS members, but hopefully each of us has its own personality, views and mood which makes it much more varied and interesting! You will know me deeper while hanging out together in some corner of the world!!
Just a final detail: I' m very sporty (since i was a baby i was brought up in a sporty environment in which I took place) so if u ever come to wherever I go and you are up for any sports, count on me!!! (but not the riscky ones as bungee jumping...I don't fancy the idea of killing myself so young, pleaseeeeeeeee!!!!! ;) ;)
Try to appreciate to the fullest what u have and what s worth surrounding you. Look for the beauty of little details and value what truly cares in life (not material goods!). Have a critical point of view of things and don't just follow the herb. At any circomstances do your best to be positive, smiley and happy in your daily life! (Loads of work to achieve all this!! ;) )
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I've been taking part of the project for several years now in different ways. In the course of this time, i ve always tried to be honest to myself first, so i have mixed periods of time where i ve been quite active (attending events, trying to help out other CSurfers in my place of stay, being hosted...) with others when i haven't, mostly because i felt i needed to switch off for a while and took some time for other personal projects and for myself. So I think i ve been coherent and respectful with the ideal of the site!
Besides, i don't like the idea of using this project just as a way to find free accomodation, that is sth which is not about to me and i m not interested in at all! So please, take it into consideration before sending me requests and would be nice if you customize a bit your personal request so that i have the impression u ve got some common grounds with me!
So far it's been really good! Got to know nice people who I shared enriching moments with! Fair enough to say that i ve crossed others who I haven't felt that much affinity with! Think it happens like in other aspects of life.
Learning, Nature, to widen my horizons, sports, music, dancing whatever (from improvisation dance,contemporary, latin dance, funky, electronic music, samba...to flamenco),capoeira, TRAVELLING AND LIVING OUTSIDE ONE'S BIRTHPLACE for a while, trying to figure out (and putting into practice) the way to scape our society's fears and imposed standards, languages, keeping in close touch with my friends, reading.......
Music, Movies, and Books
Books: Leon L'African (Amin Maaluf)
Ensaio sobre a cegueira (Jose Saramago)
Cien años de soledad (Gabriel García Márquez)
Music: So many...Rokia Traore, Ismael Lo, Armand Amar, Bjork, Lauryn Hill, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Bebo Valdes, Ojos de brujo, Chambao, Los Asdlanticos, Tryo, Noir desir, Zaz, Jacques Brel, Anthony and the Johnson, Pink floyd, Keny Arkana, NACH, Zpu, Pablo HASEL, Mumford ans sons, Peatbog Faeries...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
The fact of being "alive" in life is the most amazing thing already!
But I did a 14-months journey, one year ago, travelling overland (mainly in rural areas of Europe, Caucasus, Middle Asia, China and East Asia) which has been amazing and really inspiring in many senses.
I would also say that getting involved in creative areas also makes your existance greater ;)
Teach, Learn, Share
Deep inside, I´m probably willing to learn lots of things I haven´t even discovered yet!
Always up to share and keep on learning on foreign languages, capoeira, dance, music (specially drumming), pedagogy, physical activities...