Maybe Accepting Guests
- 83% response rate
- Last login 1 day ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Corey’s full profile. It’s free!
To keep adding to my kickass lifestyle list so that I'm always learning and living life!
I'm 33 years old and according to the guys at soccer, "my goods are gone." Haha. Now that I've made it sound like an awkward dating site profile...
I live life in Worcester, MA (even though I'm rarely there). Singing, soccer & traveling are my passions in life. I play soccer several times a week, sing karaoke when I can, and travel as much as my budget allows me to. I love trying new things and meeting new people!!! I'm a super picky eater but I will still try it if I've never had it before or even if I have if it's cooked differently. I'm even forcing myself to start to like vegetables (which if you ask anyone, is HUGE for me)!!
The only thing I'm ever on time for is soccer & flights (weddings are pushing it). My life is crazy busy but I love every minute of it and I always make time for the important ones. Oh, and I love Boston & its sports teams (even if I don't follow every sport).
43 awesome & crazy things I've done thus far:
* dug for diamonds in Arkansas
* went to the 2005 Country Music Award
* swam through an underground river in Mexico
* roamed the desert solo
* spent 4 hours spelunking through the 4th longest cave in the world
* rope climbed up a waterfall in the middle of the rainforest
* jumped out of a plane like a mad person in Lebanon, ME,
* white water rafted the Kennebec river & survived the rapids,
* learned how to surf on Cape Cod,
* jumped around like a hamster in the eurobubble,
* ate escargot,
* snorkeled at Biscayne National Park,
* learned to fly a plane,
* been deemed a Warrior upon completion of the Warrior Dash,
* became a wedding officiant as an ordained minister (i'm not super religious at all but I wanted to be able to perform weddings!),
* went bungee jumping in Angeles National Forest,
* went solo round II in the desert at Joshua Tree NP (this was brutal compared to AZ)
* learned fencing...you know, in case I get in a sword fight!
* snorkeled in 2 degrees Celsius in ÃÅ¾ingvellir National Park in Iceland,
* held a piece of a glacier and let a piece melt in my mouth at JÃÂ¶kulsÃÂ¡rlÃÂ³n glacial lagoon in Iceland,
* attended the 2012 London Summer Olympics (men's soccer finals),
* tried whale, puffin, zebra, springbok, frog legs, and conch,
* drove on the left side of the road and didn't kill anyone,
* went parasailing in Florida,
* made my own perfume in the Bahamas,
* went shark diving int he Bahamas,
* tried scorpion in Thailand,
* rode an elephant in Thailand,
* gave a monkey a beer in Thailand,
* caged myself with baby and big tigers in Thailand,
* completed the Boston Freedom Trail,
* polar plunged into the dirty waters of Revere in February to support the Special Olympics,
* visited the Pez museum,
* floated down the dirty river of Saco without getting diseased,
* ”kissed” the Sphinx in Giza,
* ate pigeon,
* flew in a hot air balloon ride over west bank of Luxor,
* saw King Tut’s tomb before it’s closed to the public for good,
* saw all the ancient sites of Egypt,
* got ripped off on a felucca ride on the Nile by Nubians,
* rode a camel along the Red Sea,
* climbed Mt. Sinai in the dark (where Moses received the 10 Commandments) & then declined to visit St. Catherine’s monastery (Moses’ burning bush)
* watched Landon Donovan’s last national soccer match
ÃÂ¢Ãâ¬ÃÅThere's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva.ÃÂ¢Ãâ¬ÃÂ - Josh Groban
"Wake up and be AWESOME"
"Live like there's no tomorrow, laugh every chance you get, love everyone you meet, and learn from your mistakes so you don't make them again. and thats life - live it, love it, learn it."
"Life is what you make of it, so lets make it rock!" - Hannah Montana (Don't judge! haha)
"People will always talk, so lets give them something to talk about" - Lady Gaga
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I surf people's couches, host and attend meetups & events, and host people at my place! I'm also the moderator for the old Worcester group and hoping to officially be Worcester's ambassador!
My family and friends are convinced that one day, I'm going to end up in a ditch somewhere from all of this but as I say to them: at least I've enjoyed my life and met some great people along the way! I'm all about the CSing experience and try to enjoy myself and make sure my guests/hosts enjoy the experience as well!
First experience: Stayed with a couchsurfer in Little Rock, Arkansas. GREAT HOST! He took us everywhere! He even went to Memphis and Tunica with us (though we stayed in a hotel in Memphis)!!!! We had a blast and I'm pretty sure my friend and I gave him a gambling addiction! He went above and beyond my expectations. I never expected ANYONE to do all that he did!! It was a great first experience with couchsurfing!!!!
I haven't had a bad experience yet!
indoor & outdoor soccer (play it way too much for the amount of injuries I incur), dodgeball, kickball, hockey, karaoke, national parks, hockey, singing, traveling, BOSTON SPORTS FAN (I'm an obnoxious Bruins fan), volleyball, softball, the outdoors, hiking, the beach, swimming, most sports, my family, my friends, history, languages & cultures, law, camping, the gym, cooking, creativity, going to bars, music, learning new things, movies, tv, purses, flip flops, fashion, photography, partying, my business that i pretend i have, flea markets, myspace, couchsurfing, bowling, mini-golfing, party planning, shows, concerts, lounging, acting, canning, extreme sports, bungee jumping, skydiving, white water rafting, surfing, fencing, scuba diving, snorkeling, crocheting, etc. Basically, if I've never tried it, I most likely will give it a shot!
If I listed the things I'm not interested in it would be much shorter: golf. I could care less to watch, follow or learn to play golf!
- performing arts
- country music
- outdoor activities
- scuba diving
- bungee jumping
- extreme sports
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: I mainly watch comedies and chick flicks. I do enjoy watching scary movies also. I'm not a huge fan of action or sci-fi.
I listen to ALL types of music but mainly listen to a Top 40 station.
I don't read much but when I do, it's usually a travel book of some sort or the newspaper.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
The most amazing things I've done thus far in my life is bungee jumping and being caged with tigers! Bungee jumping is such a thrilling rush it's so hard to describe! And I can't wait to do it again! And, being in a cage with baby and full grown tigers is incredible! They are absolutely adorable and I hope I get to experience it again!
I can't say there's one amazing thing I've seen. Every time I go to a new national park I'm amazed by its beauty! And, any new country I visit is beautiful in its own way. Also, just watching complete strangers come together to help someone in need is just inspiring.
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you how to use the word 'wicked' as us Bostonians use on a regular basis (my Boston accent is mild though), how to make delicious mashed or roasted potatoes, how to swim, how to drop some elbows in soccer, or how to get injured in any part of life (I am always getting hurt whether it's from soccer, a foam dodgeball, or walking up the stairs)
I love learning about other cultures, the history about them, and people. If I've never done it or heard about it, I'm pretty sure I want to learn about it.
I have experienced many things and have traveled so I've got plenty of stories to share. I can also give you some tips on places I've been to.
Countries I’ve Visited
Andorra, Bahamas, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, Egypt, France, Germany, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Iceland, Japan, Laos, Mexico, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In