Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 8 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Lucie’s full profile.
Hello! I am Lucie (or Lucy, for simplicity) and I'm from the Czech Republic. I am on here to make the world seem a bit bigger! :D I typically don't travel, I'm here mainly to socialize - to get a new experience of whatever kind, try out new things, to see how other people live, and to make connections with like-minded people.
HANGOUTS - better if you msg me directly via profile, as it rarely bugs unlike hangouts.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I got CSing recommended to me by a friend after I decided to go for a solo trip, quickly realizing that being on my own wouldn't be my jazz. I would say that my core motivation is to socialize and make memories together, and then comes the travel - as the latter would be rather boring for me on my own.
I typically am a homebody - but one particular thing I love, is exploring cities and photographing when I am out there - modern architecture, festivals of light, chasing the obscure and weird (so not your regular tourist trip), murals, aesthetical places, the "look, shiny!", ... you name it. I also prefer activities to sightseeing - I like to be on my feet. I am not big on sports, but last year I got to try kayaking and it was kinda fun - wouldn't mind more experiences such as these.
- learning languages
- new experiences
- trying new things
- cultural differences
- city exploration
- talking to friends
- metal festivals
- getting to know new people
- architecture photography
- tea house
- festival of light
- photographing contemporary architecture
- recent-history museums
Music, Movies, and Books
- I treat the travel time differently than how I'd use my free time while at home, so I'm often open to things that I normally don't bother pursuing. Meaning, I will likely be open towards whatever you propose.
- MOVIES/ANIME: I watch movies nor TV shows very rarely, I prefer documentaries to learn about stuff that interest me. (My most recent favs are The Witcher and Berserk.)
- MUSIC: I listen to something nonstop. Grew up on symphonic metal (Epica), nowadays I'm open to more genres. (My recent favs are Lord of the Lost and Rone.) Would love to visit a jazz bar.
- BOOKS: I mostly just chime into non-fiction for practical reasons. I read fiction rarely. (Some very recent favourites could be Murakami and Enderverse.)
What I Can Share with Hosts
... info for hosts/surfers/hangout'ers
TEACH, LEARN, SHARE
- Share experience and stories, give insights
- Share practical resources and tips if I can
- Amuse you with my, "look, shiny!" - it's the little things
- CUISINE: I used to have milk-allergy, now only bad lactose-intolerance, so be aware of it if you wanna hang out / cook different/local cuisine. I stick to vegetarian food when traveling since it's the safest option.
- DRINKS: I don't drink beer/wine. Too bitter for me.
- I don't smoke.
INFO FOR HOSTS
- Hosts come first. = I actually want to hang out / socialize, it's my first goal for travel/CS. I also think it's cool to see how different ppl live, so just be yourself at your own home (duh!) I'm also open to following your plans or just coming up with my own, I can adapt.
- I respect your time/needs, tell me that I need to arrive/leave at x hours, and there will be no issue. Just be direct with me, I can't read magical signs, it's confusing.
While I am not opposed to being hosted by men, please keep in mind that I am not looking for anything more than I've written here. A host should be primarily a host, anything else a second. I consider myself demis3xual so no, stop trying to interpret what isn't there. I treat you the same way as I treat fellow women.
INFO FOR SURFERS
- At this moment, my living situation doesn't allow me to host.
INFO FOR HANGOUTS
- The rules are simple: let me know what your plan is, or just tag me along for mine! :D
- I am always happy to run into fellow travelers/locals who would like to either freely explore the cities together. But once the fun is over, it's nice to go sit somewhere and chill.
Countries I’ve Visited
France, Germany, Hungary
Countries I’ve Lived In