Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 19 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Lucie’s full profile.
Hello! I am Lucie (or Lucy, for simplicity) and I'm from north of the Czech Republic. I am on here to make the world seem a bit bigger! :D I typically don't travel, I'm here mainly to socialize, to learn about new ppl - to get a new experience of whatever kind, try out new things, to see how other people live, and to make connections with like-minded people.
I typically am a homebody - but one particular thing I love, is exploring cities and photographing when I am out there - modern architecture, festivals of light, chasing the obscure and weird (so not your regular tourist trip), murals, aesthetical places, the "look, shiny!", ... you name it. I also prefer activities to sightseeing - I like to be on my feet. I am not big on sports, but last year I got to try kayaking and it was kinda fun - wouldn't mind more experiences such as these.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
WHY I'M ON COUCHSURFING
I got CSing recommended to me by a friend after I decided to go for a solo trip, quickly realizing that being on my own wouldn't be my jazz. I would say that my core motivation is to socialize and make memories together, and then comes the travel - as the latter would be rather boring for me on my own.
Why am I... "SURFING"
Frankly, I consider myself no traveler - until recently it didn't even occur to me that I should schedule a proper vacation. ((: ... Snapping a selfie in front of that famous (insert in the blank)?, sounds like a chore. Add in the stress of constantly having to look for new decent places to eat, checking opening hours, navigating transport and what else not - long-term, I find the entire concept of travel rather overwhelming, in contrast to being attracted to interesting experiences. I am a comfort-seeking animal.
Therefore, I would say that my main incentive is getting to know new people, coupled with making new experience and memories together. I see no point to exploration if you have no-one to share it with.
Why am I... using HANGOUTS
I've been growing fond of meeting travelers, expats and the likes in my own country as of late - it allows me to replenish my social reserves in a novel way. People are quite unique creatures and getting to know them never gets boring. I am open to talk just about anything. It's also fun showing travelers certain spots they might miss, or getting to hang out in new places I myself don't know yet.
- learning languages
- new experiences
- trying new things
- city exploration
- getting to know new people
- live music bars
- festival of light
- interactive stuff
What I Can Share with Hosts
... info for hosts/surfers/hangout'ers
I am picky about certain food and drinks, so it's better if you ask beforehand! :)
- CUISINE: Lactose-intolerance, can't digest anything pretty much. :') Therefore I tend to stick to vegetarian food when out there, since it's the safest option.
- I don't smoke and avoid such places.
- I appear to be doing fine with fur, but I don't wanna jinx it.
INFO FOR HOSTS
- Hosts come first. = I actually want to hang out / socialize, it's my first goal for travel/CS. I also think it's cool to see how different ppl live, so just be yourself at your own home (duh!) I'm also open to following your plans or just coming up with my own, I can adapt.
- I respect your time/needs, tell me that I need to arrive/leave at x hours, and there will be no issue. Just be direct with me, I can't read magical signs, it's confusing.
- I don't expect you to hold my hand, there are travel agencies for that. I don't take hosts as substitutes for travel guides or anything. I'd rather just go to some fav place of yours and have a drink or just talk at home, anything goes, really.
While I am not opposed to being hosted by men, please keep in mind that I am not looking for anything more than I've written here. A host should be primarily a host, anything else a second. I treat you the same way as I treat virtually anyone else.
INFO FOR SURFERS
- At this moment, my living situation doesn't allow me to host.