Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 11 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Lydia’s full profile. It’s free!
There are a few defining statements in my life that I think give a small picture of who I am.
- I'm a follower of Jesus. My true freedom is found in Him and the life He gives.
- I'm in love with a man named Mitchell Sides, who I plan on marrying on March 9th, 2018.
- I have a deep love for the mountains and all the adventures to behold within them. Colorado is where my heart is.
- I believe that nature is a beautiful gift that we are stewards of and that it should be treated and cared for as such.
- I live in Austin, Texas. I recently quit my corporate job after a year because I want to be a high school science teacher.
- I have an adventurous soul and a longing to meet new people. I love to hear stories, as well as share the ones I've acquired in my 24 years of life.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
My adventurous spirit (and let's be honest, the desire to save money too) drives me to stay in the homes of strangers in hopes of hearing about their lives, dreams, and stories. I love the ability to connect with individuals and think that travel (especially like this) provides an awesome opportunity for that.
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: I’m an emotional person when it comes to music. If I can relate to the lyrics, regardless of the genre, I’ll probably love it. It changes by the day, but current favorites are The National Parks, The Killers, Twenty One Pilots, possibly even some Head and the Heart
Movies: Make me feel like I’ve just gone on a grand adventure, and that will be my movie for a while. You
Books: Into Thin Air (Krakauer), Love Does (Goff), My Utmost for His Highest (Chambers)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I spent three summers in college working as a backpacking/kayaking/rock climbing guide at Sky Ranch Ute Trail in Lake City Colorado. God used those summers to shape me into the person I am today. Some of the sweetest and most adventurous memories I have come from the time I spent there.
Teach, Learn, Share
I love outdoor education. From Leave No Trace to teaching someone how to make a proper cat hole in the woods, I’m your girl... Probably from the summers I spent as a trail guide. ;)
Countries I’ve Visited