Not Accepting Guests
- 87% response rate
- Last login 4 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Thomas’s full profile. It’s free!
NOT REALLY AVAILABLE TO HOST, AS I WILL BE MOVING TO AIX-EN-PROVENCE VERY SOON...
Half shy half shameless, nerdy, frenchy which means snobish (in a good way, of course ^^), impatient, attentive, unswervingly curious about things that nobody considers but me - and even convinced that they're absolutely important.
Don't miss humour (the one which often falls flat). Not a clubber but i trully enjoy hanging out with various friends. Try to test every kind of food and cuisine that God has developped. Wander in Paris when I used to live there, spend half of my wages in japanese restaurants, drink cocktails with worrying colors inside.
And I've probably repeated that in another section : i'm a cinéphile. Not a hobby, but a true and deep passion. I aspire to become a music buff too (jazz, ambient, indie folk, washing machine sounds, some pop - 60's but not exclusively - and a bit of classical...)
Oh, and as you can guess regarding this description: i'm indeed Sagittarius with an Aquarius ascendant
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
A couple of friends explained me the concept of this website - a loooong time ago...
Surfers who endured my presence as a host :
°°°°° IN PARIS °°°°°°
* 15-18 April 2012 : Tanya & Kirill (Russia)
* 22-24 April 2012 : Guntis & Kitti (Latvia)
* 27-29 May 2012 : Sina (Germany)
* 16-18 June 2012 : Juliane & Maria (Denmark)
* 19-20 June 2012 : Alexa (US)
* 03-06 July 2012 : Asia & Asia (Poland)
* 18-20 July 2012 : Lesha & Olga (Belarus)
* 21-22 July 2012 : Jenny (US)
* 22-24 July 2012 : Mechulinka (Czech)
* 02-04 Aug 2012 : Valentin (Russia)
* 05-07 Aug 2012 : Marrit & Marrieke (the Netherlands)
* 31-02 Sept 2012 : Vici (Spain)
* 08-12 Sept 2012 : Chelsea (US)
* 02-04 Oct 2012 : Alisha & Claire (US)
* 08-10 Oct 2012 : Aga & Krzys (Poland)
* 11-12 Oct 2012 : Lilla (Hungary)
* 12-14 Jan 2013 : Alex & Penny (Taiwan)
* 16-18 Jan 2013 : Dahyun & Smile (Korea)
* 12-13 March 2013 : Sarmad (Syria)
* 15-19 March 2013 : Sandra & Katka (Slovakia)
* 22-24 March 2013 : Viktorija (Lithuania)
* 24-25 March 2013 : Anna (US)
* 22-23 April 2013 : Zoë (Netherlands)
* 27-29 April 2013 : Audrey without Paul (Indonesia/US)
* 2-4 May 2013 : Stefan & girlfriend (Serbia)
* 27-29 May 2013 : Nat (Russia/Lithunia/UK)
* 1-7 June 2013 : Soledad (Argentina)
* 3-5 July 2013 : Bruna (Brazil)
* 5-8 July 2013 : Olga (Australia/Russia)
* 15-17 July 2013 : Jordan & Kelsey (US)
* 21-23 July 2013 : Emilia (Argentina)
* 25-27 July 2013 : Lassi (Finland)
* 29-30 July 2013 : Dan & Arseniy (Russia)
* 28-29 Sept 2013 : Silvia (Italy)
* 7-10 Oct 2013 : Ximena (Colombia)
°°°°° IN MONTELIMAR °°°°°°
* 17-18 April 2014 : Stephan (Germany)
* 19-20 June 2014 : Niklas (Germany)
* November 2014 : Jean-Simon (Canada, Québec)
* April 2015 : Cédric (Somewhere in Normandie, France)
* 01-02 October 2015 : Martin (Brno, Czech Rep.)
Hosts who endured my presence as a couch/bedsurfer:
- 14-16 Aug 2012 : Mechulinka & family (Prague, Czech Rep)
- 16-17 Aug 2012 : Michaela (Prague, Czech Rep)
- 19-20 Aug 2012 : Nikola (Karlovy Vary, Czech Rep)
- 20-22 Aug 2012 : Veronika (Pilsen, Czech Rep)
- 22-23 Aug 2012 : Pavel (Ceske Budejovice, Czech Rep)
- 23-25 Aug 2012 : Helena (Vienna, Austria)
- 25-26 Aug 2012 : Romana (Vienna, Austria)
- 11-14 Nov 2012 : Vici (between Alicante and Valencia, Spain)
- 9-12 May 2013 : Zoë (around Eindhoven, Netherlands)
- 16-17 May 2013 : Marine & Thomas (Caen, France)
- 18-19 May 2013 : Amanda (Stockholm, Sweden)
- 19-20 May 2013 : Aurora (around Stockholm, Sweden)
- 21-24 May 2013 : Gundemar (Gotland region, Sweden)
- 24-25 May 2013 : Susana (Nyköping, Sweden)
- 03-06 Aug 2013 : Narius & Sandra (Vilnius, Lithuania)
- 06-08 Aug 2013 : Sandra (Jonava, Lithuania)
- 08-10 Aug 2013 : Aulerija (Klaipeda, Lithuania)
- 10-11 Aug 2013 : Milda's family (Šeduva, Lithuania)
- 11-12 Aug 2013 : Sniega & family (Šiauliai, Lit.)
- 12-14 Aug 2013 : Marija (Riga, Latvia)
- 14-16 Aug 2013 : Liene (Riga, Latvia)
- 16-18 Aug 2013 : Ragne (Tartu, Estonia)
- 18-21 Aug 2013 : Marie (Tallinn, Estonia)
- 21-23 Aug 2013 : Janne (Leedri, Saaremaa, Estonia)
- 26-29 Aug 2013 : Lassi & Johanna (Järvenpäa, Finland)
- 29-31 Aug 2013 : Katriina (Lusto, Finland)
- 31-02 Sept 2013 : Kaisa (Tallinn, Estonia)
- 19-21 May 2015 : Bungo (Sapporo, Japan)
Eat bulgogis, make salacious jokes or wordplays and share them with my friends, be deeply moved by a Minnelli's melodrama, drink Nikka whisky, spaghetti carbonara, play badminton, watch the FC Barcelona winning against el Real de Madrid, Jerry Seinfeld, swallow octopus sashimis bolt upright, Charles Mingus double-bass, write some ciné critics sometimes, nanarland.com, lequipe.fr
Music, Movies, and Books
That's the point !
MOVIES : Let's name some directors, it'll be quicker.
Maurice Pialat, Antonioni, Jean-Luc Godard, Ozu, Vincente Minnelli, Jacques Rivette, John Ford, Jacques Demy, Terence Malick, Eric Rohmer, Hou Hsiao-Hsien, Chris Marker, Manoel de Oliveira, Alain Resnais, Hitchcock, Jean Renoir, Jia Zhangke, Bergman, Weerasethakul, Hong Sang-soo and so many films...
For more details ==> http://rateyourmusic.com/film_collection/Loryniel/recent/
- Pop : The Beatles, Serge Gainbourg, Seefeel, Stereolab, Kings of Convenience, Air, The Mamas and the Papas, The Free Design...
- Folk : José Afonso, Nick Drake, Duncan Browne, Jackson C. Frank, Joanna Newsom, Harry Nilsson, Dylan (of course), Robbie Basho, Bonnie Prince Billy, Bill Callahan, M. Ward, James Blackshaw, some Malian artists (Ali Farka Touré, Toumani Diabaté, Ballaké Sissoko...), Yo la Tengo (which is actually more an indie rock band)...
- Jazz : Charles Mingus, Alice Coltrane and some of her husband's works, E.S.T., Bill Evans, Pharoah Sanders, Anouar Brahem, McCoy Tyner, Henri Texier, Miles Davis, The Necks...
- New wave & Post-punk : Talking Heads, Brian Eno, Joy Division
- Classical : Debussy, Chopin, Mozart, Philip Glass, Gavin Bryars...
- Electro (techno, house, electronica, krautrock) : Four Tet, Autechre, Kraftwerk, Amon Tobin, Aphew Twin, Radiohead's Kid A...
- Ambient & Drone : Deaf Center, Fennesz, Murcof, Oren Ambarchi...
- "Avant-garde" : The Velvet Underground, Alva Noto, The Books, Meredith Monk, Keith Fullerton Whitman...
For more details ==> http://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Loryniel/recent/
BOOKS : mainly comics - i have to confess that i don't read enough essays and novels, especially recent and non-French ones -, but also :
- The Plague (Camus)
- Candide (Voltaire)
- Empire of signs (Barthes)
- Tristes tropiques (Levi-Strauss)
and comics :
- some Taniguchi's
- Joe Matt's perversions
- Marc-Antoine Matthieu's obsessions
- all pieces of art by Christophe Blain, one of the most vibrant genious alive.
and many other ones...
SERIES : gonna be short, cause i don't watch much.
- Curb Your Enthusiast
- Paranoid Agent
- La maison des bois, Pialat's Masterpiece among other masterpieces.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
A week in Tasmania in a Hyundai Getz. (March 2009)
Teach, Learn, Share
Teaching ? Errrr... My French is not so bad...
Hmmmm, perharps some japanese sentences too : toi re wa doko des ka ? Selo, ichi, ni, san, shi, go, roku, nana, hachi, ryu, ju ?
My Frenglish is a basic and acceptable French Frenglish, as you can read.
Learning ? Actually, Portugese is the one I'd really like to master. Italian, too. Write Amharic, the man-who-does-gymastics alphabet : ደ ድ ጵ ሮ ኞ ጲ. But why not the other ones ?
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Guadeloupe, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Martinique, Netherlands, Portugal, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In