Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 4 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Michelle and Tony’s full profile. It’s free!
To see as much of the world as we can before we die.
Michelle: I'm adventurous, fun, loving, kind, and spunky.
Tony: I'm witty, fun, enjoy playing golf and fishing and I have a passion for cooking.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
By hosting people, surfing, and helping people with questions they might have.
Original Post: I haven't done any couchSurfing yet as a result of this website but I did sort of do some couchsurfing over the 2005/2006 Christmas/New Years Holidays. I went to Hawaii and stayed with an old family friend that I had not seen or talked to since I was in Jr. High. He offered his place for me to stay at after my parents had visited him in Hawaii so I took him up on the offer and I am so glad I did! We (my kids and I) had an EXCELLENT time and we can't wait to be able to go back. He was basically our local tour guide for the week. We got to see so much more than we would have ever gotten to see if we would have gone the traditional route of going on our own and staying in a hotel and renting a car. He showed us sights that the normal tourist don't get to see because they're off the beaten path. I can't wait to go couch surfing again in a new place and to meet new people.
Update: I got married on 11/20/07 to the guy I was referring to above! And now I live in Hawaii!
Total number of people we have hosted to date: 76
Texas Hosting Experiences:
1) July 2006 - Hosted Charles Severance from Cumberland, Maryland.
Hawaii Hosting Experiences:
2) April 20-29, 2008 - Hosted Justine Reyes from Queens, New York.
3) July 6-9, 2008 - Hosted Karsten and Yingjun from Hamburg Germany.
4) July 18-25, 2008 - Hosted Mathieu Augustine from Reunion Island.
5) July 18-25, 2008 - Hosted Marie-Anne Serve from France.
6) September 5-7, 2008 - Hosted Laura Marler and Alex from Hilo Hawaii.
7) September 28 - Oct 2, 2008 - Hosted Ian Fuller from San Diego CA.
8) October 17-20th, 2008 - Hosted Ian Fuller from San Diego CA, for the second time.
9) October 18-21, 2008 - Hosted Amy and Tom from Port Angeles Washington.
10) November 2-4, 2008 - Hosted Dunny and Fred Nobel from Des Moines, Iowa.
11) December 6-12, 2008 - Hosted Ellen & Tim from Bremen, Germany.
12) December 6-12, 2008 - Hosted Louise Le Sueur from South Africa.
13) February 18-25, 2009 - Hosted Rachel, David, Tiguen, Jazzy, and PJ Martinez from Eugene, Oregon.
14) March 24, 2009 - Hosted Melanie Rios and her sister from Eugene, Oregon.
15) April 2, 2009 - Hosted Ian Fuller for the third time. Now he calls us his home in Hawaii. :)
16) April 20-23, 2009 - Hosted Chris Hassel and two friends Rafael & Antwone who are all from France.
17) July 5-9, 2009 - Hosted Daryl Driskill from Eugene Oregon.
18) August 11, 2009 - Hosted Vesa and Päivi from Jyvaskyla, Finland.
19) October 29, - November 5, 2009 - Hosted Alina and Bazo from Budapest, Hungary.
20) March 7, - March 10, 2010 - Hosted Daryl Driskill from Eugene Oregon for the second time.
21) June 3 - June 6, 2010 - Hosted Daniel Durick from Lexington, Kentucky.
22) July 28, 2010 - Hosted Jeanne Phonnahaxay and Yvon from Noisy-le-Grand, France.
23) August 4-5, 2010 - Hosted Phil and Chiho from Perth, Australia.
24) September 20-22, 2010 - Hosted Julie and Nate Lamberts from Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
25) September 25 - October 1, 2010 - Matt and Alex Frycze from Poznan, Poland.
26) September 26-28, 2010 - Hosted Danny Gooris from Belgium Flemish-Brabant.
27) January 9-11, 2011 - Hosted Alessandra Corradini and her son Francesco from Ostia, Italy.
28) February 7, 2011 - Hosted Doris Neubauer & Angelina Wiesbauer from Vienna, Austria.
29) March 10-16, 2011 - Hosted Mark Sampson - Canadian who is living in Leipzig, Germany.
30) April 4-8, 2011 -Hosted Daryl Driskill from Eugene Oregon for the third time.
31) December 2-6, 2012 - Hosted Sven & Kathrin Loschengruber from Hanau Germany.
32) January 12-18, 2013 - Hosted Marie Bauknecht & Sebastian Reimann from Freiburg, Germany.
33) February 2-10, 2013 - Hosted Kayle Sawyer from Boston, Massachusetts.
34) February 2-10, 2013 - Hosted Mathieu from Amiens, France.
35) February 5-10, 2013 - Hosted Hannes Mehrer from Marburg, Germany.
36) February 6-9, 2013 - Hosted Harry Zobel from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
37) February 25-28, 2013 - Hosted Renalta Solcova and her bother Jarda from Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic.
38) February 25-28, 2013 - Hosted Jana Rulikova from Prague Czech Republic.
39) March 11-17, 2013 - Hosted Cheli (Rachel) and Ori Olstein from both Wilmington, Vermont and Tel Aviv, Israel.
40) April 24-27, 2013 - Hosted Marie, Laurent and Little Eliot from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
41) February 2, 2014 - Hosted Jenna Burton from Washington.
42) March 27-29, 2014 - Hosted Silver Daom from Senegal West Africa
43) February 5-16, 2015 - Hosted Donny Knight from Murphy, Texas.
44) March 15-21, 2015 - Hosted Renalta Solcova, Pablo, Pampero, and Richard Stefanca from Prague Czech Republic.
45) July 16-25, 2015 - Hosted Javier and Dawn Nunez from San Diego, CA.
46) September 5-12, 2015 - Hosted Ryan Hicks from Monroe, Georgia.
47) March 13-14, 2016 - Hosted Pooria Khoshnoodi from Los Angeles, CA.
Meeting Up Experiences:
1) July 2008 - Met up at the Kona Brew Pub in Kailua-Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii for Darren Green's Birthday celebration. Met several CS'ers and had a great time with everyone.
2) November 15-18&20-23 - Justine Reyes, New York - We met up with Justine and her Uncle Al during part of our trip to Australia. It was so great to be able to see each other again! We had a great time seeing the sights and eating dinner together. Now I can't wait until I get to go visit her in New York!
3) November 23-30, 2008 - Alipate Nasilasila showed us around Fiji for a few days and went on an awesome shark feeding scuba dive! He introduced us to his family and they welcomed us in to their village with Kava and lunch!
4) June 22, 2009 - Meet and Greet Dinner in Hilo - 23 CS'er attended from here and beyond. Had a great time!
5) May 1, 2010 - Courchsurfer's Birthday party in Zurich, Switzerland. Awesome people + awesome food = awesome time!
6) May 10-11, 2010, Met up with and traveled for 2 days with Ellen and Tim who were previous surfers of ours from Bremen, Germany. We happened to be going to Italy at the same time so we decided to get together again while we could.
1) May 13-20, 2009 - Surfed with Justine Reyes in Queens, New York. Had a BLAST!
2) April 29, 2010 - May 1, 2020 - Surfed with Hannes Wyss (and Eva) in Zurich, Switzerland.
3) May 8-9, 2010 - Surfed with Daniele Mazzucca and Begoña Diaz Monedero in Milano, Italy.
4) May 12, 2010 - Surfed with Justine Reyes in Queens, New York. Thanks again Justine!
5) June 10-13, 2010 - Surfed with Dameon and Katy, Ewa Beach, Oahu, Hawaii.
Michelle: I'm interested in just about anything as long as it's legal. I don't think there is anything that I wouldn't try at least once. I would love to go sky diving someday! I like to go to the movies, read, listen to music, go to concerts, Musicals, Operas, amusement parks, sightseeing, and meeting new people. I also love photography and scuba diving.
- pub crawls
- scuba diving
Music, Movies, and Books
Michelle: My all time favorite movie is Shawshank Redemption! I also like, Avatar (3D version), The Blind Side, It's Complicated, The Proposal, Twilight, Twilight New Moon, The Dutches, 21, Million Dollar Baby, Antwone Fisher, Save the Last Dance, Phantom of the Opera, and basically all movies with the exception of scary/horror movies! I tend to not be able to sleep after them so I just choose not to see them. :)
As far as music I listen to ALL kinds except heavy metal head banger music. I have a wide selection of music which include but are not limited to current top 40, rap, jazz, blues, classical, christian, and country.
Books I've read that I like and would recommend reading: Sarah's Key, Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, Fireproof and The Shack.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Michelle: I think one of the most amazing things I've done was on New Year's Eve 2006. I spent it hiking through a lava field on the Big Island of Hawaii and watched the lava flow while sitting under the stars on a beautiful night. What more could you ask for on New Year's eve? Seeing lava flow into the ocean while gazing at the stars, seeing the milky way, wishing on falling stars. It was the best beginning to a new year I have ever experienced.
Teach, Learn, Share
Michelle:I want to learn Japanese. I bought Rosetta Stone and I'm working on it but I still can't carry on a conversation. I just know random words and phrases. I was born in Okinawa and some day hope to be able to visit Japan. Also, since I live in Hawaii, knowing Japanese would be extremely beneficial.
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Fiji, Italy, Mexico, Switzerland, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Japan, Turkey, United States