Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 7 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Mari’s full profile. It’s free!
Here are 10 sentences that should convey a bit of what I'm like (random order):
1) I want to do a full lenght triathlon.
2) I have finished half marathons in both running and skiing.
3) I'm studying Economics and Political Theory.
4) My second choice for uni was Law, third was History.
5) If I would not have chosen to go to uni, it would have probably been a cookery school, Le Gordon Bleu is still on my to-do list.
6) I have decided to travel through pretty much all of the countries of the world. This shows that a)I have a bad memory and I've decided to tackle that problem in such an 'easy' way and b) the sentence you'll probably find on every couchsurfer's profile: I love to travel.
7) I live in Estonia, which is in Eastern Europe. That should say some things.
8) I go crazy without hobbies: last year I started playing the piano, this year started fencing.
9) Out of all of the countries where I've been, Kenya was probably my favourite.
10) What I like in people is genuineness.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Like to travel: check
Like meeting people: check
Like to spend money on travelling, not sleeping or showering: check
Music, Movies, and Books
Out of this trinity, I'd say the books category is my favourite. So let's leave that to the end.
Music: big fan. Disclosure, Flume, Chet Faker, Flight Facilities, but the occasional Kanye West or Black Eyed Peas won't hurt. My favourite youtube playlist varies a lot, so couldn't say there's one single genre that I'm a big fan of.
Movies: unfortunately I'm not the person who has seen all the movies of IMDB top 50, but that doesn't mean that I don't like movies. They just tend to be at the wrong place in the wrong time. If you can talk to your friends instead of watching a movie together, why not do that. Although there have been many influential movies that I have seen, it might just be that I'd rather do something than see something. If I had to name one, then Grand Budapest Hotel. Not influential, but just beautiful.
BOOKS: again, let's just name a few. Hesse's 'Siddharta', Dostoyevsky's 'Crime and Punishment', Kafka's ' Process', Illich's 'Deschooling Society', Orwell's '1984', Hornby's 'Long Way Down' and Tammsaare's 'Truth and Justice'.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Jumped out of my plane. Luckily I had brought my parachute with me.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Stories and philosophies.
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Bulgaria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, Latvia, Norway, Oman, Russian Federation, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Belgium, Estonia