Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 1 hour ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Martyna’s full profile. It’s free!
To make my dream of travelling to Asia come true =)!
Hello World! My name is Martyna and I'm from Poland.
Currently I have decided to quit my prestigious manager job, pack my backpack and to make my dreams of traveling to Asia come true. What I discovered is that the real luxury in life is not to have a position, money, possess cars or swimming pool but to be fully yourself, to be in a good commitment with yourself and make your dreams becoming true. Be who you would like to be, be OK with yourself and do what you want is the real luxury. And it requires more work and effort than earning money to purchase all of those material goods.
I think that our dreams both those we made come true and those we didn't or haven't made yet tell more about ourselves than anything else.
Yes, I would call myself a dreamer and I go through the life with my head in clouds. When I look on a sea I'm always very curious what is on the other side and what can you experience while swimming. When I look on a mountain I'm always very curious what is the view from the top and what can you experience while climbing.
Ship can stay safe at the port but the role of the ship is not to stay at the port.
I'm very passionate about personal growth and I believe that personal development starts outside the circle of our comfort zones. Inside the comfort zone like in the safe port nothing much can happen. The life starts when you approach the sea with all of its beauty, peace, dangers and all of kinds of weather and winds. Then you experience, learn, discover, feel.
What I deeply believe - according to Alex Supertramp: "I know how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong... but to feel strong".
The best things in life are not actually things, and the best things in life are for free.
In my everyday life I try to live vegan which means that I don't buy animal products neither products tested on animals. Also I don't smoke, don't drink alcohol, same with other drugs.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I like this global hospitality idea very much =)! I imagine CouchSurfing is like a global chain which has ability of transmit the kindness and makes world better place to live and travel.
In Polish we say "okno na świat" which means "window open to the world" - for me CouchSurfing is this kind special of window. And you never know what part of the world you will see when you'll decide to open it =)!
I hosted people from: Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Czech, England, Finland, France, Germany, India, Iran, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, New Zeland, Pakistan, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Uzbekistan
I was hosted in: Albania, Belarus, Belgium, Czech, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Israel, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey
Organized: I like to organize events so I had the honor to organize few meetings and trysts =).
I have a lot of hobbies and dreams and I think I'm always very busy because of them ;). Some of my favourite interests are:
* mountains and everything what is signed: m a. s. l.: hiking, climbing, bouldering. What to say? Mountains are calling and I must go ;);
* winter swimming;
* I'm interested in polar expeditions very much;
* music and electric guitar;
* probably like everybody here I love traveling and hospitality;
* mathematics fascinates me a lot;
* I like idea of "civil society" and I'm interested in animal and human rights (and volunteering);
* I love cooking and baking delicious vegan goods. Recently I've found a source of fascination in gluten-free cooking. It means - yes - I can bake vegan & gluten-free cake which doesn't look and taste like compost ;);
* writing - I write almost every day.
And I love coffee ;)
Music, Movies, and Books
MOVIES: "Touching the Void", "Into the Wild", "Lord of the Rings", "Vanilla Sky", "Cloud Atlas", "Once", "Samsara", "Flight" - are my favourite.
MUSIC: I love playing electric guitar very much and I discovered that when you learn how the music you love is constructed and you study how to play it - step by step, chord by chord and riff by riff - you start to have entirely different, deeper contact with music. It's something so so beautiful! Most of the music I listen and play is in a DROP D ;).
BOOKS: Ryszard Kapuściński, Kinga Choszcz, Tolkien, Nabokov, Marek Kamiński.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Maybe if you're interested you can ask me about my Guinness Record ;).
Teach, Learn, Share
With pleasure I can share with You:
* smiling =) [also in hard situations like: early morning hours, polish wheather sometimes, getting lost - what probably will happen to you if you stay with me =P];
* I can take you to the bouldering club;
* hiking in mountains - I love sharing amazing beauty of our polish mountains;
* if you're interested in winter swimming and don't know how to start, how prepare your body and what the feeling is I can give you some tips (but I'm a beginner so I can offer your tips for beginners ;) );
* talking about physics and science;
* hitch-hiking and backpacking traveling;
* I can teach you few riffs on electric guitar;
* vegan kitchen and vegan lifestyle;
* freeganism and anticonsuming lifestyle
* I can teach you some polish - probably one of the most difficult languages - so challenge accepted ;)? and...
... many little things like for example running in the rain, what I use to do here every spring and summer ;D. And I am very open for new ideas and hobbies =).
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Norway, Palestine, Poland, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey
Countries I’ve Lived In