Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 25 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Martyna’s full profile. It’s free!
I'm going to Abisko, Swedish Lapland with one way ticket.
Hello World! My name is Martyna and I'm from Poland. I would call myself a dreamer, who goes through a life with a head up in clouds all the time =). A list of my dreams is very long so I'm contantly occupied with making them becoming a reality ;).
I feel very happy both above and below sea level. That's why I enjoy freediving and mountaneering. Well, both of these disciplines are about discovering, approaching limits and about personal freedom.
To discover, to approach my own limits and personal freedom are very important for me. I love travelling in that sense. Travelling and writing - that's always perfect combination (something like coffee and cake).
Apart from freediving I enjoy little known discipline, that is called extreme swimming. Basically we swim in a sea during the winter.
Ship can stay safe at the port but the role of the ship is not to stay at the port.
I'm very passionate about personal growth and I believe that personal development starts outside the circle of our comfort zones. Inside the comfort zone like in the safe port nothing much can happen. Magic happens when you approach the sea with all of its beauty, peace, dangers and all of kinds of weather and winds. Then you experience, learn, discover, feel.
What I deeply believe - according to Alex Supertramp: "I know how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong... but to feel strong".
The best things in life are not actually things, and the best things in life are for free.
In my everyday life I try to live vegan which means that I don't buy animal products neither products tested on animals. I don't take drugs.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I like this idea of global hospitality very much! I imagine CouchSurfing is like a worldwide chain, that has ability to transmit kindness and makes world a better place to live and travel.
In Poland we use to say "okno na świat", that means "window open to the world" - for me CouchSurfing is this kind of window. You never know what part of the world you will see when you'll decide to open it.
I hosted people from: Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Czech, England, Finland, France, Germany, India, Iran, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, New Zeland, Pakistan, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Uzbekistan
I was hosted in: Albania, Belarus, Belgium, Czech, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, India, Israel, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Nepal, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates
Organized: I like to organize events, so I was honored to organize few meetings and trysts =).
I have a lot of hobbies and dreams and I think I'm always very busy because all of them ;). Some of my favourite interests are:
* mountains and everything what is signed: m a. s. l.: hiking, climbing, bouldering. What to say? Mountains are calling and I must go ;);
* winter swimming;
* I'm interested in polar expeditions very much;
* music and electric guitar;
* probably like everybody here I love traveling and hospitality;
* writing - I write almost every day.
And I love coffee ;)
- rock climbing
Music, Movies, and Books
MUSIC: I'm in love in metal and rock and I don't plan to divorce ;). I can also play few riffs on electric guitar. Well, I can say that most of the music I listen and play is in a DROP D ;).
BOOKS: I enjoy Polish travel literature a lot, like reportages of Ryszard Kapuściński, diaries of Kinga Choszcz, books of Marek Kamiński describing his polar expeditions. Some of my other favourite books are: "Eat, Pray, Love" by Liz Gilbert, "Lolita" Vladimir Nabokov, "Lord of the Rings" John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.
MOVIES: Don't know much about movies. Never can find time for catching up with what's new in a cinemas... I also don't have TV, that doesn't help to watch more movies ;). However some of my favourites are: "The Big Blue" (movie about freediving), "Touching the Void" (movie about climbing), "Into the Wild" + movies based on my favorite books (listed above).
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Maybe if you're interested you can ask me about my Guinness Record ;).
Teach, Learn, Share
* I can teach you how addapt your body to swim in a sea during the winter;
* I can teach you basic freediving;
* I can teach you how to make some useful knots;
* I can teach you few riffs on electric guitar.
* I would be happy to learn more about freediving;
* I would like to know how to walk on longline and highline slacklines;
* I would be happy to learn Swedish.
* I can share my passion and knowledge about Polish Carpathians and be your hiking guide - just let me know in advance that you plan a trip to Mt. Beskidy or Tatry;
* if you are a girl I can share with you my best tips how to hitch-hike as a single traveler (that can be challanged for girls, believe me!).
What I Can Share with Hosts
* I can share my time;
* I can talk and listen, share my stories from all around the world;
* I can be your freediving buddy;
* I can cook and do the dishes;
* I can join you in climbing, hiking;
* I can share a smile =).
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Nepal, Norway, Palestine, Poland, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates
Countries I’ve Lived In
Nepal, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland