Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 1 year ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Madhur’s full profile. It’s free!
I grew up in the small Indian cities, where everyone knew everyone! My dad works with the government, so we were on a constant move (like after every three years). So, making new friends became the most necessary skill of survival ;).
I love to travel! So far, I have done a bunch of trips, have seen a lot of neat little (and big places) and have met some wonderful people while at it. I have done a cross-country roadtrip with couple of friends this year. After my graduation, I hopped in my car and did this 10 day roadtrip of northeastern cities, while I was couchsurfing from town to town. Oh, and I have also done an another roadtrip of Nevada and California (excluding cross-country).
I also like outdoors stuff. I have camped a whole lot of time over last two years. I have canoed and kayaked in the Floridan rivers for one whole week, couple of years back.
I like to hang out with people who are broad minded, adventurous, open to new ideas, love Battlestar Galactica and are not pretentious.
Black is black.
Acknowledge the vulnerability to make way for the best things.
If you are going to be a brick in the wall, it better be a damn fine brick.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I always loved to try different things. In India, I was a part of Rotaract club for couple of years. If I like some person, I just go ahead and befriend with them, though it may make me look over enthusiastic! I attend any program which can give me something out of it. So far, I have always had good time by experimenting with my life! :)
Though I have been on cs for awhile, I started surfing very recently and it has been very wonderful! I have also hosted a few people so far. But, now that I have graduated and don't have much of the roommate drama, I am going to participate more!
I started surfing very recently. I surfed in Cincinnati couple of months back and it was a wonderful weekend! Plus, I surfed with some of my friends when I undertook the roadtrip of Northeastern cities.
I have always met so many amazing people on cs for last two years!
I like Damien Rice, Snow Patrol, James Blunt, Staind, Switchfoot etc.
My mom always fed me well with books :). Most of them are in my mother tongue Marathi. I was introduced to the English literature only a few years back, so I have a whole lot of catching up to do.
- outdoor activities
- bungee jumping
Music, Movies, and Books
I love war movies. From 'Gladiator', 'Troy' to 'Kingdom of heaven' to 'Enemy at the gates' etc. I have enjoyed some foreign movies like 'Amelie'. My all time favorite tv series are Battlestar Galactica, The Wire, Rome, The Tudors, The office and Arrested Development.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1. I went for this week-long trip to Florida in spring, 2011. We were camping, canoeing, kayaking and snorkeling for a whole week! With all that beautiful weather and couple of good friends, it was the most lively thing I had done in a while.
2. There was a concert by Glen Hansard in Cincinnati in August'2012. I really wanted to go for it, but failed to find any nice company. After turning every possible rock, I just decided to do it solo. So, I went to Cinci, couchsurfed with two really nice girls, met couple of amazing people and attended the concert in this hundred year old theatre with mosaics, murals and painting!
3. After I graduated in October'2012, I went on this roadtrip of northeastern cities. I just packed some clothes and hopped in my fifteen year old car and drove all the way from Morgantown (WV) to DC-Philly-NYcity-Providence-Boston-and back to Morgantown. I was couchsurfing from town to town, meeting some old friends, making new friends and just having my own version of 'The motorcycle diaries'. I lived my dream over those 10 days.
4. I have been to Ajanta and Ellora caves in India, which were the best thing I have seen. Ajanta has paintings on the walls from back in 2nd century BC, with colors which still look new. Ellora caves are carved out of a rock some half a mile long. They started from the top of the rock and went carving all the way down! Amazing!!
Teach, Learn, Share
Learn: Right now, I want to learn a foreign language (preferably Chinese) and a music instrument. I want to learn all the adventurous sports like skiing, surfing, bungee jumping, river rafting etc. I want to experience various ways of living, like being an American, being a French, being a Scandinavian, being a Turk, being a Kenyan, being a Chinese and being a Polynesian!!!
And, I want to go to Antarctica once in my life, n if possible, the South pole!
Countries I’ve Visited
China, Jordan, Kuwait, Turkey, Ukraine, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
India, United States