Maybe Accepting Guests
- 75% response rate
- Last login 3 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Johanna’s full profile. It’s free!
Improve myself and improve the world!
My passion for agriculture started with my first wwoofing experiences in New Zealand. I did an internship in Israel and research for my theses in Panama and Uganda. I studied Agroecology in Sweden and Agroforestry in Wales after working for the NGO Navdanya in India and I'm now working for the Japanese NGO Shumei in Germany where we practise Natural Agriculture. Our farm is a WWOOF host as well. Please check our website shumei-na.eu .
- The first adjective most people describe me with is "calm" and "peaceful"
- I am sensitive and therefore I like gentle people
- I'm an observer and listener in the first place and don't like being pushed to talk, but I can if I'm interested in the topic
- I can be indecisive or take a long time for decisions - either don't mind or help me to become better at decision-making ;)
- I don't believe in single truths or in having an opinion on everything... Nothing is black and white. I also don't like to give scientific reasons for each and everything. I trust my intuition.
- I love cycling and walking - please don't offer any rides to me when I can walk :)
- I'm a vegan, I don't drink or smoke, I don't drink coffee
- I am a professed fruitoholic and tea-fetishist (both in the Western and Eastern sense ;))
- I was once told I was suffering from "orthorexia" as I avoid unhealthy foods ;) I don't think there's anything pathological about trying to eat healthy (that would be an oxymoron actually :D)
A life without love is a waste. “Should I look for spiritual love, or material, or physical love?”, don’t ask yourself this question. Discrimination leads to discrimination. Love doesn’t need any name, category or definition. Love is a world itself. Either you are in, at the center…either you are out, yearning.
~ Shams Tabrizi
"Be sincere, always more and more sincere. Nothing will happen. Try to be sincere and see what happens."
~ Swami Brahmdev
“Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes."
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Surfing, hosting and attending events
Surfed in Sweden, Israel, Panama, Colombia, Uganda, India and the UK and hosted & met people in Germany, Sweden & the UK
By the way, my response rate is low because I get messages from various people who don't really have anything to say/ask. ;)
agroecology, agroforestry, good conversations, cooking, bookshops, dark chocolate, daydreaming, farming, healthy stuff, different cultures (obviously ;) ), indian culture, fruits, jogging, walking, languages, meditation, permaculture, possibility management, reading, travelling (obviously?), writing, movies, yoga
Having spent substantial timespans in developing countries has made me VERY aware of the fact that I am amongst the 10 % of the richest people in the world and can even afford such interests.
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: Peaceful Warrior, Water, This is it, Lord of the Rings, Sweet November, Adam's Apples, Benny & Joon, As it is in heaven, Luther, Lost in Translation, Howl's Moving Castle, Pirates of the Caribbean, Seven years in Tibet, Open Sesame, Life of Pi, Swades, More Than Honey, Gandhi My Father, Gangoobai, Mausam, Veer Zara, Barfi!, 2 States, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
Music: Adele, Amy McDonald, Bo Kaspers Orkester, Bhangra, Enya, Brian Eno, Lord Huron, Metallica, Michael Jackson, Sami Yusuf, Timbuktu, Nightwish... and lots of music which reminds me of places and people
Books: Paulo Coelho, Eat Pray Love, The Geography of Bliss, Harry Potter, Life of Pi, Krishnamurti, Tolkien, Self-Observation, Conversations with God, The Namesake... and many more
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Meeting kind people is more amazing than any natural wonder...
Teach, Learn, Share
I can share my knowledge about languages, yoga, Indian and Japanese cooking (not sure if to put this into the "teach" or "learn" category!), farming practises throughout the world, meditation, permaculture, possibility management and my (lack of) understanding of life.
I can converse in Swedish (men inte skitbra ;) ) & Spanish (más o menos...). I can read and write Devanagari and speak thodi thodi Hindi. I can read some Arabic and Hebrew.
If you manage to stop me from nailbiting you'll receive an award!
This is my current blog: http://johannatravels.wordpress.com/
This was my first blog in India:
This was my blog in Panama:
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Colombia, Denmark, France, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Germany, India, Sweden, United Kingdom