Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 2 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Gwen’s full profile. It’s free!
It's never too late to travel, it just takes a lifetime. So better start now!
Hi, I'm Gwen from Lyon, France.
After 1,5 years living in Vienna, I'm back in London... Crazy city that never sleeps but that's probably why I love it so much (oh, and probably also because I have my best friend here with me).
I don't know London like the back of my hand but I know a few nice places that I can recommend or, even better, introduce you to!
Like many of you, I am an eager world-traveler. I'm very tolerant but if there is one thing I don't understand... it's people who don't like to travel. As they say, 'traveling is the only thing you pay that makes you richer'.
I am a fun, cultured, and generous guy who always enjoys a drink (or more) and a good laugh.
Things you need to know about me:
1) I will always be shy at first, and it takes me some time (not long though) to be a bit more comfortable around people. After that, I am very friendly and quite chatty :)
2) I love languages and I love asking questions about them. Most people like it as well but if you don't, it's fine, but please warn me :)
3) I will never take things for granted. I am mostly a surfer (though I am hoping to host at some point) and I will always make sure that I don't invade your "territory", that is your home. I will be very happy to be involved and if you tell me to make myself at home I will, but I will wait for you to allow me to do so.
4) I love art. So if you share the same interest or if you know some really good exhibitions in your city, I think we are a match :)
5) I love walking. I almost never take the bus or metro when I visit a city unless I am very tired or unless the city is very big.
I believe in sharing. I'm not gonna save all the issues in the world, but I'll just try not to create new ones.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Unfortunately, it is impossible for me to host at the moment. Hopefully I will be able to do so soon. In the meantime, I'm surfing people's couch and I find it amazing. I like the CS community because it is a friendly and considerate one.
1st experience: Mimmo - Roma (10/2011)
2nd experience: Pete - Amsterdam (02/2012)
3rd experience: Carlos M. - Lisboa (03/2012)
4th experience: Carlos L. - Lisboa (03/2012)
5th experience: Erick and Javi - Madrid (03/2012)
6th experience: Samuel - Barcelona (04/2012)
7th experience: Myriam - Annecy (08/2012)
8th experience: Natasha - Ljubljana (10/2012)
9th experience: Michael - Bath (08/2014)
10th experience: Ben - Exeter (09/2014)
11th experience: Alex - Bucharest (10/2014)
12th experience: Martin & Mitko - Sofia (10/2014)
13th experience: Vangelis - Thessaloniki (10/2014)
14th experience: Rain & Andres - Tallinn (04/2015)
15th experience: Lauris - Riga (05/2015)
16th experience: Egle - Vilnius (05/2015)
17th experience: Norbert - Warsaw (05/2015)
18th experience: William - Cardiff (02/2016)
19th experience: Zeljko - Zadar (05/2016)
20th experience: Ivan - Split (05/2016)
21st experience: Stefan - Tivat (05/2016)
22nd experience: Alexandra - Tirana (05/2016)
When is the next one? :)
Languages, American literature, Women's writings, theatre, opera, traveling, English music, musicals... and I always enjoy a laugh!
Music, Movies, and Books
Lots... It would take me too long!
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Survived a torrential rain in Rome.
Did a road trip around the UK with my best friends.
Spent the night playing games on a night train from Kharkiv to Sevastopol.
Did a safari in South Africa and was the first ever human being to see a newborn leopard.
Teach, Learn, Share
I am happy to teach French, English and German.
I am fond of languages so I am very happy to learn any languages along with some cultural stuff :)
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Austria, Barbados, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, England, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mauritius, Montenegro, Netherlands, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Scotland, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State, Wales
Countries I’ve Lived In
Austria, Germany, Ukraine, United Kingdom