MJ_BLOCK's Photo

Unverified Profile

  • Payment not verified
  • Phone not verified
  • Government ID not verified

Wants to Meet Up

  • Last login 13 days ago

Join Couchsurfing to see MJ_BLOCK’s full profile.

Overview

  • 13 references 5 Confirmed & Positive
  • Fluent in English; learning French, Korean
  • 32, Male
  • Member since 2010
  • Nursing Student
  • University of California, Santa Barbara. BA of Environmen...
  • From Sacramento CA, USA
  • Profile 100% complete

About Me

CURRENT MISSION

Taking young travelers on awesome trips across North America at work, and taking myself on awesome adventures around the world when I'm not! In particular, exploring Latin America.

ABOUT ME

Environmentalist by education, chef by passion, nomad at heart.

I'm always down to fill up on great food, always in for a big night out. I love to share old stories with new friends and laugh over stupid jokes with smart people. I thrive on being surrounded by people 99% of the time, but cherish the other 1%. My biggest pet peeves are picky eaters and fake cheese. I try hard to find the best in bad situations and never forget that all us crazy homosapiens are a lot more alike than we are different. If I can leave this world even marginally better than I found it, I'll consider my life well lived.

PHILOSOPHY
Love, peace, and bacon grease.

Why I’m on Couchsurfing

HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCH SURFING
At the heart of any place is its people. By staying with locals, I get to feel the true pulse of a city. In that same way, by welcoming surfers into my home, I get the joy of giving that experience to them.

COUCHSURFING EXPERIENCE

I've had an amazing time both surfing and hosting around Europe and Asia. Hoping to continue as I venture through Latin America.

Interests

Food
Night life
Music
Food
Cooking
Photography
Food
Ultimate
Hiking
Did I mention food?

  • pets
  • photography
  • education
  • dining
  • cooking
  • recipes
  • cheese
  • bbq
  • mexican food
  • traveling
  • music
  • hiking
  • surfing
  • teaching

Music, Movies, and Books

Kanye West, The Dirty Heads, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Atmosphere. Swing, 80's hair metal and EDM.

Undercover Brother, Pulp Fiction, Across the Universe.

Historical Fiction set where ever I'm travelling at the time.

One Amazing Thing I’ve Done

Couchsurfing in a proper squat in London was quite the experience.

Teach, Learn, Share

Teach me your favorite recipe! I love to cook and I'd be happy to share mine with you. In particular, I love slow smoked traditional American BBQ and I can built a pit out of about anything. If you're interested in BBQ, lets get together, build a pit and smoke whatever is the popular beast in your neck of the woods!

I've also got conversational French and beginner Korean under my belt as well so I'd love the opportunity to practice/ share those with you.

For work, I'm a tour manager that leads tours through many cities across North America, so I'm happy to share whatever knowledge I can with you and help you plan your next trip around my neck of the woods.

What I Can Share with Hosts

If you can't tell by now I am a huge foodie and chef. I've been traveling asia for the past two years taking cooking courses and collecting recipes so I'd be happy to make you some awesome Korean, Chinese or Indian dishes. And I'm from California so obviously bomb Mexican food and American style bbq as well.

Countries I’ve Visited

Australia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Macao, Malaysia, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Philippines, Portugal, Scotland, Serbia, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Viet Nam

Countries I’ve Lived In

Australia, Croatia, France, New Zealand, South Korea, United States

Join Couchsurfing to see MJ_BLOCK’s full profile.

My Groups