Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 7 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Monica’s full profile. It’s free!
I am friendly, peaceful and dreamy :)
I adapt very easily to the people around me, being able to pursue conversations and subjects ranging anywhere in the infinite space between the realms of small-talk and deep conversations.
I would consider myself a positive person trying to have a positive impact upon the world, but I must confess that sometimes I get caught in the webs of life and forget for a while about the magic...
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I've experienced quite enough as to know that it's not necessarily about the places that you visit, but about the people that you meet. They are the ones that conquer one's heart and stay there forever.
Couchsurfing is a perfect way to meet new people and share quality moments (that will transform themselves in awesome memories!). Plus, the best way to experience a different culture is through the eyes of its countrymen.
I am quite interested in other cultures, other places, other people, other approaches to life...
I'm curious about what drives people in their day to day life - their passions, their hopes and dreams, their ideals!
Music, Movies, and Books
- I like Romanian folk music a lot (that's the one which we sing in the mountains, around the fire, usually accompanied by the sounds of the guitar), but also rock ballads and alternative rock
- I enjoy watching almost every type of movie - depending on mood; except maybe horror ones (I was especially impressed by 'The book thief', 'Searching for sugar man', 'The Prestige')
- reading is one of my favorite activities - the book that forever stole my heart is 'Papillon' (Henri Charierre), but I also like Dan Brown's books a lot (especially 'Inferno')
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- admired for one night the stars of the desert sky
- volunteered for one week in an Elephant Nature Park
- slept one January night on a bench in Malaga
- seen the Northern Lights under the cold, Icelandic sky
- been part of a mindfulness project for almost two weeks
- planted a Magnolia tree
What I Can Share with Hosts
- a piece of me - stories about my life, my experiences, my decisions, my ideals and so on
- myths & legends (but also realities) of Romania and other places of the world that I have been blessed to reach and experience
- some Romanian cooking traditions
- many many smiles, loads of conversations waiting to be unveiled & explored, fun and inspiration :)
Countries I’ve Visited
Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Morocco, Netherlands, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Spain, Thailand, Zambia
Countries I’ve Lived In
Norway, Romania, Sweden