- 50% response rate
- Last login 4 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Raghu Raj’s full profile.
Last Updated: 07 March 2023
Staying and working in Arambol (North Goa)
Link to my Legacy Profile
Link to my Facebook Profile
CURRENT LOCATION: Arambol (North Goa)
I may or may not be able to host but I can certainly show people around the area and help them out with whatever is necessary. Which means I am available to meet-up!
Now Finally "About Me."
I am a Content Writer, Moto-Tour Consultant and a Moto-Tourer. My work takes me to different places in India, each year.
I am friendly, calm, patient, witty, helpful, naughty, serious, curious, quick, alert, extrovert, crazy, good, strange and much more. But it all depends on what you bring out of me or what I am comfortable with you at.
I love to send and receive picture postcards from random people, so if you want to send one or get one from me; write to me!
Travel as you please, if you are meant to reach someplace at a certain time for something to do, with someone or alone; you will!!!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I have been hosting people even before I joined CouchSurfing. That prompted me to join here as well. Whenever I hosted someone at my place, I got the satisfaction to be of some help to a fellow traveler who has come from a distant land. I also try to keep the communication on with the local chapter of CS wherever I go.
For the past three years I have been away from my hometown Jamshedpur, and my stay here has been limited to a week or two at the most; in a month. Since I am back for a while, I am trying to meet as many local CouchSurfers in my home-state Jharkhand as much I can; to strengthen the local CS community. So far this 'not-so-tourist' oriented state has a total of 6 CouchSurfers that I am directly in touch with.
I also facilitate the Couchsurfers visiting the neighboring cities of Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Puri, Konark, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Gurgaon as I know the core group of CSers there. The CS scene over there is warming up good. I am glad that there are few active and reliable CS people there.
I offer advice about the various things that travelers are coming down to India wish to know; to the best of my knowledge.
1. Met more than 30 CouchSurfers in a meetup in Mumbai, India. It was one of the best evenings I had while I was there in Mumbai for three months in 2011.
2. On my 90 days long road-trip that commenced from 2nd February 2013, I surfed the couches all across Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamilnadu with another couchsurfer. The hospitality we received was fantastic.
3. Met many couchsurfers in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack in September 2013. The CS scene of the twin city is slowly heating up for the best. And then went on a 4-day long road-trip across Central & North Orissa with two of them; exploring the palaces.
4. October 2013 last week; another small weekend trip with the local Couchsurfers and one each from Chennai & New Delhi.
- adventure travel
- meeting new people
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: Action, Drama, Art
Music: Indian Classical, Old Hindi Songs, Linkin Park
Books: The Monk Who Sold His Ferari-Robin Sharma
One Life To Ride-Ajit Harsinghani
The Motorcycle Diaries-Che Guevara
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1. Starting to use a straight razor to shave when I was 19 years old. I still use a straight razor to shave :-P
2. Rode 10,000km on a 350cc Royal Enfield Bullet with a friend (7500km with my friend) across 11 states and 2 union territories of India, all terrain and all weather (from the sea level to the highest motorable road) in 64 days.
3. Visited Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India but now I will have to go back again and spend a good amount of time to see and understand a lot of things there.
4. Rode with the Great Indian Road Trip 2012 riders and my old friend Sheetal from Bhubaneswar to Puri.....excellent ride, best motorbikes.
5. Rode down to Mumbai from Jamshedpur to work as a copywriter (Rode 26 July to 31 July 2012)
6. 90 days long road-trip with another couchsrufer across west-south states of India on my Enfield. Surfed 85 days at the local couches to know people and local cultures.
Teach, Learn, Share
1. I have a good experience of riding in India. If you plan to ride solo or with a pillion or even in a group, I can give you a good idea on what to do and what not to do while riding on Indian roads. Riding in India is something which you'll cherish for the rest of your life once you have done it.
2. I belong to a tribe called "Santhal", it is the largest group of indigenous/native people in India. We have been there way before the Aryans and Moughals invaded. I can tell you about our philosophy, religion, society, customs, rituals as well as few folk stories. Consider this, our tribe was the first to raise weapon against the British Colonization in 1780-85 and then the rest was history.
“TELL ME SOMETHING YOU HAVE DONE, OR WANT TO DO, THAT YOU THINK I SHOULD DO!
IT CAN BE ANYTHING, AS CHALLENGING AS YOU WANT IT TO BE, OR AS EASY.
AS LONG AS YOU GIVE ME THE REST OF MY LIFE TO COMPLETE IT, I PROMISE I WILL DO IT...”
I believe that leaving a reference (no matter whether its positive or negative) is a nice thing to do. Do that if you know someone that well and be honest while doing so. It really helps other people approaching him/her to surf or host.
What I Can Share with Hosts
My mototrip experience!
Inside information about Goa
Countries I’ve Visited
Countries I’ve Lived In