Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login 5 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Nathalie’s full profile.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT I CAN ONLY HOST 1 FEMALE***
***PLEASE NO FLIRT MESSAGES***
My name is Nathalie, from Frankfurt, Germany moving to Cape Town, South Africa for my Human Rights Masters. If I honestly had to name one passion, it would be travelling off the beaten tracks. My favourite country so far is India!
I have just finished my PhD in Human Rights Law and Minority Protection and moved to Cape Town in February 2021 to continue my studies.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I like seeing Couch Surfing as an idea of seeing a country's "true face". I want the full experience when it comes to people, food and everyday life. And the best way to start is always getting to know the locals, listening to their stories and experiencing their culture through their eyes. And honestly: Being hosted and hosting has been one of the best experiences!
- interior design
- wine tasting
- disney movies
- savoir vivre
Music, Movies, and Books
- Music: Jazz (but I listen to nearly every kind of music), 20s, alternative, indie, Polo and Pan, Chet Faker, Two Door Cinema Club, Wanda, Bilderbuch, Metronomy, KIZ, the bird and the bee, The Do, Sampha, Darcie
- Movies: le fabouleux déstin d'Amélie Poulain, Grand Budapest Hotel, Matrix, V for Vendetta
- Books: Goethe's Faust, poetry (I'm also writing poems sometimes)
- I loooove museums! Especially art museums and artists like Monet, Manet, Morisot (impressionism)
- I love every kind of food and cuisine :)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- being invited to a private band rehearsal by locals in Santiago and drinking with them all night long (Cuba)
- a 3 day trek through the deepest jungles in the middle of nowhere (Thailand)
- traveling by train from Varanasi to Jaipur for 18 hours (India)
- riding a horse through the endless landscapes of the Vinales valley (Cuba)
- hitchhiking in Pisa (Italy)
- bathing in an onsen (Japan)
Teach, Learn, Share
I am quite good at cooking and it's a passion of mine. Sometimes I cook a three courses dinner for my friends. Also my mum is from Poland so I can teach you some Polish cuisine.
What I Can Share with Hosts
German chocolate, self-written poems and deep conversations!
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, British Indian Ocean Territory, Cuba, Czech Republic, France, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Morocco, Netherlands, Palestine, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Germany, South Africa