Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 7 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Ania’s full profile. It’s free!
do the right thing.
nothing describes me better than the list of my favourite footwear ;)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
after spending a night under bridge on playing guitars, singing Polish-Russian-Serbian-Italian-French-English songs and smoking sheesha with my very first Guests in 2007, i started to think that CS/HC is one of the best things that could have ever happened to me and at present, five years later, i still express the same opinion. i owe to CS the best memories of my life.
* photography - 'i shoot people, than i take them to dark rooms and blow them up!'. anyway, if you: a) are a photographer, b) can't afford a better souvenir from Poland than a silly portrait session 'cause you spent all your money on Polish sweets or vodka c) always wanted to model for Vouge, but you weigh more than 90 lbs - i'm your woman!
* snowboarding - the end of the snowboard season was only three months ago, yet i've already found myself dancing to "The Art of Flight" soundtrack in my pyjamas, helmet and goggles...
* camping, hiking, backpacking - i left my heart in the mountains. i've come to know that memories of nights in a million star hotel, when i slept by the campfire and awoke to the fog, are the best things i've ever had;
* trying new things for the very first time - rafting - checked! side-by-side - checked! mountainboarding - checked! snowkiting - comming this winter???
* accidentally meeting strangers, long and (more or less) meaningful conversations, dancing, laughing, sharing inspiring stories and experiences, travelling travelling and travelling... in a nutshell, CS standard;
* yumminess - coffee, chocolate muffins, fresh strawberries, thai noodles, italian cuisine, cheese and wine... 'i like cooking with wine, sometimes i even add it to food'.
to be continued.
Music, Movies, and Books
BOOKS: non-fiction & travel reportages! "Toast za przodkow", written by Wojciech Gorecki, is my recent discovery. it's a kaleidoscope of stories - sometimes sad and surreal, sometimes warm and funny - about countries of South Caucasus. epic. besides, i highly recommand travel reportages of Polish journalist Ryszard KapuÃâ¦Ãâºcinski to every single traveller.
MUSIC: i can't tell you what kind of music i'm addicted to or what my beloved band is. it simply depends on the day, on the mood. today, for example, i'm singing "Little Lion Man" along with Mumford & Sons...
MOVIES: oh, thatÃÂ¢Ãâ¬Ãâ¢s a tough one ;) iÃÂ¢Ãâ¬Ãâ¢m definitely in love with films of Krzysztof Kieslowski. but in my videoteque you can also find many other movies of various directors and genres, from classics and "thinky" magical realism to Czech, French and old Polish comedies.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
pretended to be a legal advisor of querilla fighters who didin't exist during the armed conflict which didn't exist happening between countries that didn't exist either.
galloped on a horse through sunny apline meadows covering peaks of Orlickie Mountains in Czech Republic.
travelled through Armenia in an old soviet Niva without even superficial knowledge of Armenian alphabet and without the map.
Teach, Learn, Share
T: to curse in Polish and a bit about photography.
L: kitesurfing, wakeboarding...
Countries I’ve Visited
Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Luxembourg, Monaco, Peru, San Marino, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Vatican City State