- 7% response rate
- Last login 5 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Nicky’s full profile. It’s free!
Live life to live.
My friends will tell you more interesting stories about me before I do myself!
I'm from New York. My life is my work. And my work is my life. I crave freedom, freedom from time, location, society... to have control over myself and my life. I travel a lot thanks to resourcefulness and being opportunistic. I take risks. I fail many times. I succeed sometimes, and its always worth it when I finally do! I work when I want and I take off when I want, and I'd rather die poor on the streets than live a miserable life working for somebody else on somebody else's terms.
I love to learn from everyone I meet, everywhere I go.
DON'T ask me to go with you to the MOMA in NYC! That place puts me to sleep and will ruin my day! I enjoy the arts, but I'm not easily impressed. I don't care if rich people think something is nice and put it up in a gallery; develop your own taste!
It would be wise not to offer to cook me something vegetarian/vegan!
(for every animal you don't eat, I'm gonna eat 3)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I host couchsurfers at my apartment in NYC, and I couchsurf everywhere I go when I travel!
I've got a big apartment in New York so I want to make the most of it and offer it to everyone I can. If you think you'll have a fun time here, then try your luck and write to me!
Check out the NYC Group page for info about the people and places here.
- Germany, Austria
- Germany, Austria, India, France, Romania, Moldova, Luxembourg
- Florida, Mexico
- Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Spain, France, Iceland
- Switzerland, France, Germany, Austria
- Bolivia, California, Texas, Mexico
- Germany, Austria
- Germany, Austria
- biked 7,000km from Turkey, across all of Europe (Greece, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Czechia, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain) to Portugal & Morocco, for half a year!
- France, Italy
- Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Belize, Mexico
- biked around all of Iceland for a month!
- Spain, France, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, Poland
- Turkey, Germany
- Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Germany
- Spain, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria
- Germany, Turkey
- Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, France
- Vietnam, Thailand
- Thailand, Cambodia, Hong Kong
- United Arab Emirates, India, Thailand, Korea
- Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong
- United Arab Emirates, Philippines, Hong Kong
- Canada, Mexico, Belize
- United Arab Emirates, South Africa
- Mexico, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, England, Hong Kong, Thailand, Myanmar, Canada
- Japan, Indonesia, Australia
- Australia, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, China
- Sint Maarten, Saint Martin, Anguilla
- Korea, China
- China, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Japan
- Iceland, Austria, Hungary, Serbia
- France, Austria, Switzerland
- Hong Kong, Thailand, China
- Portugal, Spain, Germany, Austria, France
- Italy, Portugal, Brazil, Colombia
- Colombia, Brazil
- Colombia, Brazil
- Japan, Thailand, Canada
- China, Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong
- Germany, Austria, Latvia, Norway
Upcoming in 2017:
- Korea, Thailand, Qatar
- Canada, Philippines
- Qatar, Thailand, Ethiopia, Canada
- Egypt, Qatar, Thailand
- Austria, Germany, Jordan, Thailand
Music, movies, technology, photography, sports- football, baseball, and basketball, running, biking
I love food and will try (almost) anything. I know where to find amazing food at home in New York, and always searching for it when I travel too.
- american football
- web development
Music, Movies, and Books
I consider music the soundtrack to my life.
music.nickypallas.com < what I listen to
I love to watch movies.
movies.nickypallas.com < what I've seen
I enjoy books, but they're too slow. Go out and LIVE.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I used to say that the most amazing experience I had was when I climbed to the top of Mount Fuji, Japan...
But now, it's no question that it's when I did my bicycle trip for 7,000 kilometers from Istanbul to Portugal & Morocco in 2012. For half a year, I cycled on my single-speed track bike across an entire continent, and had such a great time, met so many people, saw so many places, and many more intangibles I can't even begin to write about here! Filled with motivation, intensity, inspiration, sports, nostalgia, new experiences, old friends and new., happiness, adversity, agony, perseverance, exhilaration.. blood, sweat, and tears... I truly loved it :-)
I love sharing stories about where I've been and what I've done, I could go on forever talking about everything exciting and funny over the years!
Teach, Learn, Share
Make the most of your life while you're here. See the world, do something special with your life to make a difference. Anything. You don't need to strive to be Martin Luther King Jr. or Steve Jobs. Do something to make a difference in your own life, then your family, your friends, loved ones, even strangers, anyone you can reach! Even if you can make the world a better place for just one person, it's worth the effort.
I live my life as if every second and every inch counts; for me, there's just no other way to live. The small details in life add up, and they make all the difference.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Love All, Serve All, Live Free.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will have peace"
- Jimi Hendrix
"One who makes no mistakes, makes nothing at all"
- Giacomo Casanova
"If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies; succeed anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you; be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, they may be jealous; be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten tomorrow; do good anyway.
In the end, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway."
- Mother Teresa
"You may fool the whole world down the pathway of life
And get pats on the back as you pass
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you've cheated the man in the glass"
- Bill Parcells
Countries I’ve Visited
Anguilla, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, El Salvador, England, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macao, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Morocco, Myanmar, Netherlands, Nicaragua, North Korea, Norway, Palestine, Panama, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Saint Martin (French part), Serbia, Singapore, Sint Maarten (Dutch part), Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Austria, Bolivia, Japan, Mexico, Norway, Thailand, United States