Not Accepting Guests
- Last login over 6 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Nikki’s full profile. It’s free!
...to carry on with our black comedy of life!
Known as Northern Monkeys, from the pit and docks of North East England!
SB born and bred, and Nikki was born in Johannesburg S.A but grew like a spud in pit-yacker dialect manure with the lovely Northerners!
Nikki - I'm the one that's the Geordie, how?! Don't know what's more endearingly ridiculous an accent Arikaans or Geordie. I'm Doomed.
We are a lesbian couple, so hope no-one recoils in horror, shrivels and dies in that 'unusual' situation.
I love sarcasm.
We've well and truly caught this globe-trotting bug.
Hope to continue doing this forever... actually Im all for forever..if anyone knows how to achieve immortality..please...?!
Although we just newbies at the moment we have big plans! Started travelling in April 09 in Malawi...hope to return to Africa to do a full overlander Cape Town to Cairo as there is just so much more we want to explore!
However for now, working in Melbourne, Australia to build back up some funds for Asia. ^o^
We are quite easy going and generally get on with everyone.
"So laid back, she's lying down"
"Well I'll live longer. So there! Anyway if I am lying down it disguises my clumsiness...I probably fell over"
Our life seems to run as a Black Comedy sketch of errors! This has continued into our travels, much to the amusement of our friends and family! i.e Buying a VW Beetle '76 in Jo'burg...that got us as far as Swaziland before breaking down completely! Well she was pretty! But this has led to us having some amazing times in Swazi, meeting legend people and having so much fun with new 'family members! So definitely highlights to making mistakes!
"Live the life you love & LOVE THE LIFE YOU LIVE"
"I try to save a life a day... usually it's mine"
"Boring conversation. Can't focus."
"Noah was a drunk. Look what he accomplished"
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Had our CS cherry popped triumphantly by baer-shell-steph. Most successful and now adore all CS & worship the Muse.
But under the majestic leadership of Baer (Worrying I know.."I Jest I Jest"..as I become totally none-functioning under his reckless irresponsibility!) we intend to operate a CS Appreciation and Awareness Stall at 2010 Rainbow Serpent Festival. Yip Yip!
So yes..we'll be participating by enjoying ourselves ...alot...
Just Australia for now..here for a year..and then we off to visit more of you lurvly people!
- Snowboarding, poking in mud, Jilly's Rockworld, Chinese kareoke, falling on my arse or generally making a tit of oneself..swan dancing!
- Snow and Oceans. From bumming around in to Ecology/Zoology.
- If I was ever to leave the geeky world of biology, I would consider studying Film Set Designs. Imagine designing sets like HP or Justice League. OK so still be geeky...
- Love being creative, thinking (although this is hard sometimes!), reading and just generally having fun and enjoying life!
- Freelance Journalism.
Music, Movies, and Books
- Anne Rice, Richard Dawkins & Preacher Graphic Novels!
- Movies are endless, could watch Dogma every day i thinks!
- Music...well the good ole sex, drugs, and rock&roll sorta with nice splice of metal! But beginning to feel a great deal of hippy take over.
- A boy called IT, The Book Of Lost Things, The Alchemist, and ultimately Alice's Adventure in Wonderland.
- I'll watch anything once..Literally, watched some very bad movies over the years!
- Music, quite rock/punk/electro/mostly female fronted bands not to be sexist at all but they just sound..well... better and sexier.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Working with the beautiful people of Namasimba Orphan Care Centre, Blantyre, Malawi.
- Drove around S.Africa in a 1976 Blue VW Beetle.
- Safari with our Swedish Girls. Inc the elusive Black Rhino & Leopards (of which one was taking a dump!)
- Shesa Nyama's in Swaziland
- Johnny Clegg gave me a joy tear at Bush Fire.
- And of course, made unique and unforgettable friends.
Teach, Learn, Share
Hmm. Assessing self worth.
- Could be wonderful fact about a rock or bug. I also struggle with short-term memory..or maybe actually just the ability to focus, so these facts come and go.
- successfully taught snowboarding before so that's a skill.
- crazy blonde moments.
- hmm I can play a few notes on piano.
We make mistakes alot...so we're 'non-intentionally' building a collection of not-to-do's which we can share. Never been silly enough for anything like arrests..although almost forgot something was travelling with us before a flight.
Clumsy and Blonde travel the world...hmm not so intelligent.
We are currently trying to learn Ndebele(Zimbabwean) from our Lisa-Losh and self. So we can teach a couple words of that too. (One of the best Southern African languages to learn as relates to a lot of others, e.g Zulu being a simplified version, and Swazi shares common words etc.) Multi-Purposedable hehe. As we're not linguistic, so we tried to pick the most useful to learn.
I would like to learn to surf please. ^o^
Countries I’ve Visited
Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, South Africa, United Kingdom