Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 17 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Olesya’s full profile.
I want people to start listening to each other.
I'm ordinary but nice. I'm not a talker but I like connecting with people. I hate crowds but I'm sociable. I'm understanding and tolerant but I won't stand rudeness and irresponsibility. I enjoy smart people but.. there's no 'but' here ;) I love travelling but I love what I do and I don't believe that people are happy if they spend their whole lives on the road. I run. And I have my big dream.
Here's a short story. Not a long time ago I got a tattoo. Looks like nothing impressive: just a tattoo. But that is a whole representation of what changes have taken over me. For years I judged people who had done the same thing believing that they just made their bodies ugly and forever corrupted. Until once I realized that I just had no slightest right to do so. This world is amazing in its variety and people express themselves whichever way they prefer.
When we are asked what happened yesterday at 17 o'clock, all of us will answer differently based on their personal experience. And no one would question that. So why is it so difficult to accept the same difference on opinions, choices, likes and dislikes, preferences, views?
I got a tattoo not because I wanted a nice pic on my body. I got a tattoo to remind myself forever on the importance of respect, curiosity, freedom, equality, diversity, and kindness towards other people. Cheers! =)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I love just meeting a person in a new place for a cup of coffee and a talk. I love looking in their eyes and watching this piece of story they open to me: about their city, about this place or about themselves. One of the reasons I love CS.
I'm a teacher and i think it tells a lot about me. I love my job, can't imagine my life without it so as a part of it I decided to travel one day. So happy I am now to discover travelling for myself because that's something I would have regretted not doing.
Music, Movies, and Books
My personal genius in writing is Alexander Kuprin.
I certainly like other writers too, for instance, Nabokov, Kapote, John Fowles, etc. so as you can see they are more of classy ones. I also enjoy reading philosophy and books on linguistics and education.
Movies, movies...: should be either very thought-provoking and serious or something like Marvel action movies.
My favourite one is Fantastic Mr. Fox.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1) Done 1 halfmarathon and 3 marathons
2) Can professionally deal cards and beat you in Texas Hold'em but the truth is that I never gamble.
3) Know poems of Emily Dickinson by heart.
4) Can play Prelude 1 by Bach on piano but that's the only thing I can do concerning music and I do it terribly anyways.
5) Can do a headstand.
6) Been in a river in Siberia in winter when the temperature was -30 degrees. I do it every year. Here you can see it:
7) Of course, I can cook some traditional Russian dishes if necessary.
8) Teach English as a volunteer at the refugee center in Moscow.
One? Why should I stint myself on expressing how amazing I am?
Teach, Learn, Share
1) Trust a person even if you haven't met one yet. They feel it.
2) Always give a person a chance and forgive if something went wrong.
3) Differentiate. Everyone is unique. If we don't understand something, it doesn't mean it's bad.
Countries I’ve Visited
Armenia, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Italy, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine
Countries I’ve Lived In
Macedonia, Russian Federation, Turkey