Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 9 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Flavio’s full profile.
[CURRENTLY TRAVELING IN ASIA]
I’m a 32 years old Brazilian guy who has freedom, belongingness and kindness as the main personal values in life. For me, traveling means to me so much more than knowing places. It’s a way to expand my consciousness by being in touch with different cultures and people. I use that to learn how to be more emphatic and a better person in the world.
My first trip happened from 2015 to 2017. I backpacked around 27 countries in Asia, Europe and South America. That trip had literally changed my life. Therefore I wrote a book called “O Mundo que Pertenço” (Belonging to the world). Which seeks to encourage human connections, sharing and dreams.
More than a thousand books were already distributed and now I’m doing my second world trip. It started on the 19th of April 2020 and it has no ending date scheduled.
Besides the traveler profile, I work with social impact. I have a postgraduate degree in Education, Poverty and Social Inequality and a postgraduate degree in Entrepreneurship and Social Business. I used to work with projects and community management for some NGOs in Brazil and at the moment I provide services facilitating some acceleration programs. I am also a yoga and meditation teacher and a podcast host.
Some other important information: I do not drink alcohol nor I smoke. I am a vegetarian and I seek to be with people who are free, breezy and uplift the goodness in the world.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
The expression 'It is all about people' has never been so real. Being with people and sharing moments (and especially those ones when you look at your host or your guest and realize that you wouldn't be living that if it wasn't because of him/her) are immeasurable wealth that can never be taken from us.
I’m talking about connection and the feeling that you are part of something, and that “something” is the world. This belongingness make us taking care of each other regardless of any believe.
I have been participating in some hosting programs since a long time and my experiences have always been very good so far. It's great to be in touch with different opinions, it opens my mind to other realities and it helps me in respecting the differences.
I’m into outdoor activities, vegetarian cuisine, cycling, movies, camping, hiking, trekking, and partying.
- volunteer work
- social work
- hanging out with friends
Music, Movies, and Books
Não Estaremos Sós - Cao Laru
Furtacor - Scalene e Xênia França
Deus Me Proteja - Chico César
Paralelas - Liniker
Apesar de Querer - Rodrigo Alarcon
Spirit Bird - Xavier Rudd
- TV Shows:
Grace and Frankie
Manhãs de Setembro
Alquimista - Paulo Coelho
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- I have been to Afghanistan;
- Publish a book as an independent writer and made it up through crowdfunding;
- I'm doing my second world trip with a non-ending date;
- A world trip in my first time abroad;
- Lost 80% of my money during a trip and still kept going;
- Traveled 6 countries during 7 months and spent less than 1000 USD;
- Hitchhiked over 20000 km around Southeast Asia, Europe and Brazil;
- Held a meditation visa;
- Lived in a monastery for 2 months, teaching English to Monks and Nuns;
- Traveled in the trunk of a pick up car with 15 more people (no one had the right of moving legs haha);
- Participated in a Dharma Speech in the countryside of Myanmar where people had never seen foreigners;
- Worked in a chicken farm in the countryside of Thailand;
- Swam with whiles;
- Hitchhiked all the way from Turkey to Switzerland;
- Helped to create an agreement between people who worked/lived in big dumps in Brazil and their local government, agreement which the government ensured safe and decent job to those people.
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you vegetarian and vegan cusine, how to make a crowdfunding and how to publish a book as an self publisher author, yoga, meditation and non violence communication. How to travel cheap and hitchhiking.
I'd love to learn more about your culture, some recipes and I love listening to life stories.
Countries I’ve Visited
Afghanistan, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, North Korea, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Countries I’ve Lived In