Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 3 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Alexandre’s full profile. It’s free!
A new life is coming :)
Update october 2011 : I live in Montreal now, back in IT after more than 3 wonderful years while i met wonderful friends and discovered wonderful places all along my journey, from France to Malaysia, and then China, Korea, and Japan, my last stay in Asia. It was a real blast!
In August 2007, I decided to change my life of network engineer, for Couchsurfing around the planet, and I wanted to experiment the world. It took me almost one year to change my life, I sold all my things, car, furnitures, clothes, my computer business, everything I owned, to go around the world, meeting people, couchsurfers, discovering new cultures and experiment new things.
After having crossed all the countries between France and India, meeting a lot of wonderful people, IÃÂ¢Ãâ¬Ãâ¢m actually staying in Malaysia with my wife, where we try to build a new life for a while, before to go for travelling again and see the Americas, from the North to the South.
I love to travel, but IÃÂ¢Ãâ¬Ãâ¢m not really into sightseeing, I prefer meet the people.
I love hitchhiking, i think this is the best way travel and meet wonderful people.
I love photography, beautiful landscapes, and all the wonderful things of Mother Nature.
I like to discover all the local specialties (food, alcohol and other things).
IÃÂ¢Ãâ¬Ãâ¢m someone curious, most often quiet and I like peace, but sometimes, I like partying, sharing good beers with friends.
I love to volunteer on my road while i'm travelling, for people who need it.
I'm also a music lover, especially jazz and reggae.
I donÃÂ¢Ãâ¬Ãâ¢t know what to say moreÃÂ¢Ãâ¬ÃÂ¦the best, if you want to know me, is to come to visit me :)
You can also visit my travel blog :
http://oscar.kapac.free.fr : My blog
watch my vision of the world thrue my photographies on my Flickr account :
My Flickr account
You can also visit my photoblog :
http://oscarkapac.aminus3.com/ : My photoblog
or see where i've been on my google map :
Where the hell is Alex
I travel like St Christopher !
You are the hardest of hardcore travelers, and may one day be our patron saint. There is no challenge that is too much for you, but don't get crazy, because you are not immortal...yet.
What type of traveler are you?
Take BootsnAll's Travel Quiz to find out.
If you know me, add me on Facebook :
Life is too short, have fun, respecting the others.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
CS ADDICTED 4EVER
CS rocks dudes. It just put some spice in your life ! I found that it's an original and smart idea for those who like to travel and meet different people.
If you just need info, feel free to ask by email.
After having organize the first meetings in my hometown, Aix en Provence, and improve the CS community, I became moderator of the city group, then city Ambassador.
With my friends of the Aix CS community, we organized the first French CS Ambassadors meeting, and all the participants still remember it :)
After becoming a Nomadic Ambassador, I used my experience in my community to help and work for all the CS communities I crossed along my way.
As I love CS, I try to spread the love and the CS idea all over the world, trying to recruit some new good couch surfers in different countries.
I love to greet new members.
Since i'm a Nomadic, i love to meet a lot of you around the world. CS is my family :)
In july 2009 with 3 other nomadic Ambassadors, we organized the first CS Nomadic Ambassadors meeting in Shanghai, China.
I try to organize CS meetings everywhere i go :
Nice, France :
Pic Nic au Negresco, July 30th, 2008
Zadar, Croatia :
Stranded in Zadar, August 7th, 2008
Split, Croatia :
Celebrating 8_8_8, August 8th, 2008
Podgorica, Montenegro :
Invade the Karver, August 12th, 2008, First CS event in Podgorica.
Sofia, Bulgaria :
Meet the Sofia CS community, August 23rd, 2008
Istanbul, Turkey :
CS eplodes Caddebostan, September 1st, 2008
Yerevan, Armenia :
CS Yerevan Revival, September 13th, 2008
Yerevan, Armenia :
CS meeting yerevan. Davai Armenia, September 18th, 2008
Dharamsala, India :
Let's meet Dharamsala CS community, October 26th, 2008
Varanasi, India :
In the cloud of Varanasi, November 23th, 2008
puri, India :
1) Hosted Grooser, from Toulon, France, 1 night, 07/2007.
2) Hosted Craig, from New York, USA, 2 nights, 07/2007
3) Organised The first meeting with CSers from Aix
4) Hosted Dan Rogers and his GF Liz, form Chicago, USA, 1 night, 08/2007
5) Hosted Ioulia from Marseille, France, 1 night, 08/2007
6) Met Ian Lawrence for an evening in Aix, from Toronto, Canada 08/08/2007
7) Met Manuel Carrasco for an evening, in Madrid, Spain, August 16/08/2007
8) Surfed Verta Reyes's Couch for one night,in Sevilla, Spain, 17/08/2007
9) Hosted Marin Kuzmanic, from Split, Croatia, 2 nights, 25/08/2007
10) Hosted Tejas, from Sidney, Australia, 11 nights, 28/08 to 08/09/2007
11) Hosted Kate Hourihan, from Boxford, MA, USA, 2 nights, 21/09 to 23/09/2007
12) Hosted Vanessa Lin, from Shenzhen, China, 1 nights, 03/10/2007
13) Surfed Livewire6904, from Stockholm, Sweden, 3 nights, 10/05/2007 to 10/08/2007
14) Hosted Mitchell, from USA, 1 night, Decembre 26th 2007
15) Hosted Reana, from USA, and Shirley, from Canada, 1 night, January 3rd 2008
16) Hosted Karyna Smile, do Brazil, 1 noite, Janeiro 6 2008
17) Hosted Miao, from Taiwan, 2 nights, January 10th&11th 2008.
18) Hosted Bruno, from Montpellier, France, 2 nights, January 18th&19th 2008.
19) Surfed Grooser, in Toulon, France, 2 nights, February 2008, 5th to 7th.
20) Surfed Alexandre..., in Gareoult, France, 1 nights, March 2008, 15th.
21) Surfed Xavnancy, in Nancy, France, 1 nights, March 2008, 16th.
22) Hosted Meryl Hillerson, from San Francisco, USA, 2 nights, April 2008, 11th to 13th.
23) Surfed Jerome In Saint-Ouen, France, 1 night, April 18th 2008
24) Hosted Marie-Anne, form Quebec, Canada, 1 night, April, 19th, 2008
25) Hosted Ana, from Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, 4 nights, 04/19 to 04/23/2008
26) Hosted Freddie and Gregor, form Stuttgart, Germany, 1 night, April, 26th, 2008
27) Hosted T, from Pollock Pines, CA, USA, 6 nights, 05/09 to 05/15/2008 (She was my first tent surfer for 2 nights!!!).
28) Hosted Gridsi, from Nancy, France, 3 nights, May 27,28&29 2008.
29) Hosted Cecile, from Nancy, France, 1 nights, May 30th 2008.
30) Hosted Xavnancy, from Nancy, France, 1 night, May 2008, 30th.
31) Hosted Frédéric Brodeur, from Paris, France, 2 nights, May 2008, 29&30th.
32) Hosted Kadi Diop, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 20 nights, May, 29 to June 2008, 2nd, And more.
33) Hosted Christophe Asselin, from Trois-Rivières, Quebec, Canada, 1 night, June 2008, 4th
34) Hosted Antoine Rolland, from Lille, France, 2 nights, May 2008, 29 an 30th
35) Hosted Daniel Obladi, from Marseille, France, 1 night, May 2008, 30th
36) Hosted Alexandre..., from Gareoult, France, 2 nights, June 2008, 29&30th.
37) Hosted Florent Chevallier, from Marseille, France, 2 nights, July 2008, 5&6th.
38) Hosted EXAR6TE, from Aix en Provence, France, 1 night, July 2008, 5th.
39) Hosted Aline Yau, from Hong Kong, China, France, 1 night, July 2008, 11th
40) Hosted Alisson Man, from Hong Kong, China, France, 1 night, July 2008, 11th
41) Hosted camille and her friend Amelie, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 2 nights, July 2008, 12th to 14th
42) Surfed Flore & Babou's couch, in Aix en Provence, France, 1 night, July 2008, 14th
43) Surfed Jean Francois's couch, in Aix en Provence, France, 1 night, July 2008, 15th
44) Surfed Matcheû Decagny's couch, in Le Cannet, France, 1 night, July 2008, 27th
44,5) Hosted AMII (in Nice), from Krakow, Poland, 1 night, July 2008, 27th
45) Surfed Marin Kuzmanic, in Split, Croatia, 1 night, 08/08/2008
46) Surfed Emilie, in Podgorica, Montenegro, 5 nights, 09/08/2008 to August 14th
47) Surfed Yann, in Gjilane, Kosovo, 2 nights, 15/08/2008 to August 17th
48) Surfed Grizelda, in Skopje, Macedonia-FYROM, 1 night, 17/08/2008
49) Surfed A_A_A, in Kavadarci, Macedonia-FYROM, 1 night, 18/08/2008
50) Surfed Diana Mincheva, in Sofia, Bulgaria, 3 nights, 19/08/2008 to August 22th
51) Surfed Rositsa Iossifova, in Sofia, Bulgaria, 3 nights, 22/08/2008 to August 25th
52) Surfed Gökhan Hepşen, in Istanbul, Turkey, 10 nights, 28/08/2008 to 06/09/2008
53) Surfed Maria Baranska, in Yerevan, Armenia, 10 nights, 10/09/2008 to 19/09/2008
54) Surfed Anna Avetisyan, in Yerevan, Armenia, 10 nights, 22/09/2008 to 03/10/2008
55) Surfed Ahmad Oudi, in Zahedan, Iran, 3 nights, 09/10/2008 to 13/10/2008
56) Surfed Family Durrani, in Lahore, Pakistan, 4 nights, 15/10/2008 to 19/10/2008
57) Surfed Alvin Yow, in Amritsar, India, 3 nights, 19/10/2008 to 22/10/2008
58) SurfedRaja & Elise, in Dharamsala, India, 7 nights, 23/10/2008 to 31/10/2008
59) Surfed Barbara Miller Elegbede, in Delhi, India, 3 nights,
60) Surfed Poonam Gupta, in Agra, India, 2 nights,
61) Surfed Sanjay Yadav, in Bodh-Gaya, India, 2 nights,
62) Surfed Sanjay Samantaray, in Puri & Bhubaneswar, India, 8 nights, December 2008
63) Surfed Purushoth Chandran, in Chennai, India, 4 nights, December 2008
64) Surfed Laure Tranchevent, in Lambersat, france, 1 night, May 2009
65) Surfed Didier Dhont, in Lyon, france, 2 nights, May 2009
66) Surfed Jean-François, in Aix en Provence, france, 1 night, June 2009
67) Surfed Gangsheng PAN, in Hangzhou, China, 1 night, July 2009
68) Surfed Manfred, in Shanghai, China, 9 nights, July 2009
69) Surfed Dhugal Fletcher, in Shanghai, China (in his hotel room), 1 night, July 2009
70) Surfed Vanessa Lin, in Shenzhen, China, 2 nights, August 2009
71) Surfed Sidharth Jaggi, in Tai Po District, Hong kong, 3 nights, August 2009
72) Surfed Marie Hamamoto, in Macau 4 nights, August 2009
73) Hosted FANNY AND CARLES, from Barcelona, Spain, 2 nights, September 2009
74) Hosted *JanKo*, from Prague, Czech Republic, 1 nights, September 2009
75) Hosted Superyami, from Mouvaux, France, 5 nights, September 2009
76) Hosted Jenny Salvador, from Manila, Philippines, 2 nights, October 2009
77) Hosted Damien Masselis, from Phuket, Thailand, 1 night, October 2009
78) Hosted Michel (Nomad), from Villeurbanne, France, 9 nights, October 2009
79) Hosted Mariel Hjelle, from Drammen, Norway, 3 nights, October 2009
80) Surfed Yuval Schwok, at the Overstay, in Bangkok, Thailand, 1 night, November 2009
81) Surfed Mr Lek, at the Tree House, in Surin, Thailand, 3 nights, November 2009
82) Surfed William McLaren-Robinson, aka Bill, in Ban Sai Tho 10 Tai, Thailand, 1 night, November 2009
83) Hosted ELENAMEIYUN, from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 1 night, December 2009
84) Hosted Wez, from Port-Harcourt, Nigeria, 1 night, December 2009
85) Hosted Azah, from Petaling Jaya, Malaysia, 1 night, December 2009
86) Hosted Dhugal Fletcher, from Perth, Australia, 3 nights, December 2009
87) Hosted Jin, from Tokyo, Japan, 2 nights, December 2009
88) Surfed Ling Suan Choo, in Sungai Petani, Malaysia, 1 night, February 2010
89) Hosted Jessica Huang, from Taipei, Taiwan, 5 nights, March 2010
90) Surfed Ricardo Situmeang, in Banda Aceh, Indonesia, 14 nights, April/May 2010
91) Surfed Tirahmah M, in Banda Aceh, Indonesia, 2 nights, May 2010
92) Surfed Dhugal Fletcher, in Singapore, 3 nights, July 2010
93) Hosted Bruno Laurent, from Montpellier, France, 3 nights, August 2010
94) Hosted Antoine, from Mouvaux, France, 5 nights, August 2010
95) Hosted Artyom Babayan, from Armenia, France, 4 nights, September 2010
96) Hosted Vanessa Lin, And Nico, from Shenzhen,China, 1 night, October 2010
97) Surfed July Choorak, in Songkhla, Thailand 1 night, October 2010
98) Surfed JoAnn Dunbar and Tim Schulze, in Seoul, Korea, 3 nights, November 2010
99) Surfed Juno Kim, in Chuncheon, Korea, 2 nights, November 2010
100) Hosted Taylor, from Port-aux-Francais, French Southern and Antarctic Lands, 1 night, January 2011
101) Hosted Barbara Booth, from Lantzville,Canada, 1 night, January 2011
102) Surfed Jordan Urbanovitch, in Santa Clarita, California, USA, 3 nights, February 2011
103) Surfed Peter Choyce, in Los Angeles, California, USA, 3 nights, February 2011
104) Surfed Jon Herbert, in Hollwood, California, USA, 2 nights, February 2011
105) Surfed Emmanuel Lemor, in San Francisco, California, USA, 3 nights, February 2011
106) Surfed Guri, in San Francisco, California, USA, 3 nights, February 2011
107) Surfed Jim Camden, in Philipsburg, Montana, USA, 3 nights, March 2011 (former CSer, he deleted his profile, but he is still a real one).
108) Surfed Ramano, in Dallas, Texas, USA, 2 nights, March 2011
109) Surfed Corrie, in Chicago, Illinois, USA, 4 nights, March 2011
110) Surfed Jill, in Washington, D.C., USA, 2 nights, March 2011
111) Surfed Kadi, in Montreal, Q.C., Canada, 1 month, April 2011
112) Surfed Nicholas & Fiona, in Ottawa, ON., Canada, 2 nights, May 2012
By nationalities: Armenia : 2 - Australia : 4 - Brazil : 2 - Bulgaria : 2 - Canada : 7 - China : 6 - Croatia : 1 - Czech Republic : 1 - France : 22 - Germany : 2 - India : 7 - Indonesia : 2 - Israel : 1 - Italia : 1 - Japan : 1 - Korea : 1 - Macedonia : 2 - Malaysia : 5 - Nigeria : 1 -Norway : 1 -Pakistan : 1 - Philippines : 1 - Poland : 2 - Singapore : 1 - Spain : 4 - Sweden : 1 - Taiwan : 2 - Thailand : 2 - Turkey : 1 - USA : 17
Travels and discovering people and their culture
Cook for my friends if i have time.
- outdoor activities
Music, Movies, and Books
Jazz, electro, country, Reggae, Rock (favorite musicians : Herbie Hancock, Jaco Pastorius, Marcus Miller, Miles Davis, Ron Carter, Billy Cobham, Steve Earle, Alabama, ZZTop, Townes Van Zandt, Weather Report,... too long to list all)
On the Road, Jack Kerouac (and a lot of his books)
No One Here Gets Out Alive, Jerry Hopkins
Friday Night Lights (the best)
Facing the Giants
Remember the Titans
Any given Sundays
The Longest Yard
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I'm actually preparing my new life, a CS world tour, for, at least 5 or 6 years, this is amazing, and i can't stand to begin it.
I can open beer bottles with my teeth, lol.
Jim Morrison born a 8th of December (like my father) ans Died a 3rd of July (My birthday), Amazing for a fan like me!
Ah! and i forgot, subscribe to CouchSurfing of course.
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach computing if ever you need, or fix your computer PC, Mac, hardware, software), and i'm a pro.
I can teach you some french.
I can also fix your toilets ;)
I'd like to learn some spannish. I think i will need seriously spannish soon.
I'd also like to learn Chineese Mandarin, coz i'm looking forward to visit China.
Countries I’ve Visited
Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, China, Croatia, France, Georgia, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Pakistan, Russian Federation, Serbia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Belgium, Canada, France, Malaysia