Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 3 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see David’s full profile. It’s free!
I am easy going, curious, relaxed and am always up for good conversation over a glass of wine. I am a nomad traveling the world since 2011, an adventure that began more by accident than design. I love learning about different cultures, finding for myself the reality of the world, and finding the reality of myself through travel.
I am a traveler, dancer, artist, engineer, musician and accidental mystic.
My style of travel has changed many times over the years. At the moment I mostly linger in each location for several months in order to learn of each culture in greater depth.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Some of the most amazing people I have met in my travels, I met through couchsurfing!
- Travel ... to see for myself the reality of what the world is like
- Meeting New People & Making Friends
- Learning about the world and new cultures
- Exploring amazing food around the world
- Photography as a way capture the feeling of travel
- Traditional Irish music (I play the violin)
- Dancing (tango, salsa, bachata, etc.)
- Meditation, Energy Work, Yoga
- Wine Festivals
- People Watching
- Drinking Yerba Maté
- Stock Investing
- irish music
- software engineering
Music, Movies, and Books
Books: Mostly fantasy and sci-fi, with a scattering of random other topics mixed in. Especially: The Alabaster Girl (Zan Perrion), Mastery (George Leonard), Path Notes of an American Ninja Master (Dr. Glenn Morris).
Music: Traditional Irish music (because I that is the music I play on violin), and any other music that touches my soul.
Movies: Princess Bride, The World's Fastest Indian, The Man From Earth, Elegy, Interstate 60, Boondock Saints, Megamind, Henry V, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Wall-E, V For Vendetta, Secondhand Lions, Dead Poet's Society, The Peaceful Warrior
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Riding my motorcycle from Alaska to Argentina
- Learning tango dancing in Argentina for seven months
- Being handed a complete stranger's baby in Egypt standing by the Great Pyramid
- Discovering a bar in Tokyo run by Buddhist Monks
- Discovering meditation, energy work and yoga
Teach, Learn, Share
I'm always happy to teach tango dancing or to help someone get started traveling the world. I can share how to get started with meditation.
I always love sharing a long conversation over a tasty drink, especially yerba mate or a bottle of wine.
I enjoy learning what you are passionate about!
What I Can Share with Hosts
Stories from my travels, culture exchange, tips on travel, good conversation and fun times.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Austria, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kosovo, Laos, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay
Countries I’ve Lived In