Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login about 2 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Gurdeep’s full profile.
I am the most awesome man on this planet :-) Ok, that was a bit of self-exaggeration. I am way past my first few CS experience, where I have to explain and write good selling points about myself. If you want to know about me, read my references as people truly define who you are, not you yourself.
I live in St Kilda, a beautiful beach suburb of Melbourne. I have a two bedroom apartment in a very contemporary building, but the area around me is as Victorian as it can get. The building is 5-10 mins away from the Luna Park Tram Station. The area has a broad range of cafes, pubs (bars), restaurants from various cultures. If you like positive energy, warm feelings, like to explore multiple cultures, love to smile at strangers walking by, this place is for you!
PLEASE READ BEFORE SENDING A REQUEST
- Get verified on CS. I know it costs money and whatever your situation is, I respect people who put in efforts. Getting verified is a way to put in efforts to get hosted and truly appreciate this platform.
The number of guests:
- Most of my CS sleep on the air bed I provide. I prefer they do that as the couch is for sitting and having good conversations. Due to this, I prefer only 1 person. If you are 2 friends traveling together, I can offer one 2 stay on the couch, but I want to avoid it as much as possible.
The number of nights:
- I prefer guests staying for a maximum of 3 nights. I know there would be times where I can offer more days, but it purely depends on how we communicate. If the communication is good, I don't mind letting you stay for 5 nights.
Age group, I enjoy hosting:
- I really enjoy the company of people between the age of 23 and 40. If you fall outside this age group, send me a sweet request and I will see if I can consider hosting you.
- Clean after yourself.
- Used a dish, wash it or put it in the dishwasher.
- Used the bathroom, give it a decent clean.
- Showering once a day is really important for me. I can provide you with clean towels and I encourage you to take a shower at least once a day. People who visited me found this funny. IT'S NOT FUNNY!
Confirmation and changes:
- As I get too many CS requests, you need to confirm your CS request after I have accepted it. Confirmation marks you in the calendar, so other people don't put in their request for that time. So, please confirm your request after I have accepted it.
- Please do not make last minute changes, unless it's very urgent. Give me a few days notice so that I can plan my days. I change a lot of my plans to accommodate you in it. So, please be respectful of my time.
PHILOSOPHIES THAT I SUPPORT:
- Life is short! Have fun today and don't worry about tomorrow.
- God, Karma, Soul, Love, Religion - huh? I respect every individual's philosophies and really appreciate if they respect mine too.
- Money is not everything in life (beyond my monthly bills)
- Drugs including weed are a big NO NO!
- Attraction, crush, liking, infatuation, and love just happens.
- If you have hots for someone, tell that person, you might get laid ;-)
- People usually address me by my nickname, if you have read through some references you would get it. It is a way for me to screen people out who have not read my profile and my references. So please read some references, be your own judge and send me a request addressing me by my nickname.
- I do not host last minute surfers.
- I do not host people if their landlord/housemates bothering them. You moved across the globe on your own, so deal with this situation.
- I do not host if you are moving houses and need a few days to "crash" to save some money.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
To host amazing people like you in my house and hope to make good friends for life who can someday host me on their couch and show me around their city/town/village.
My interests are updated from time to time!
Music - Dubstep, Sufi Rock, World and sometimes whatever is on the Radio.
Photography - Still love it, I wish I could give more time to it.
Long motorcycle rides - Yes! my fav. I might take you for a ride when you are staying at my place.
Biking around the city - Used to, don't like it anymore.
Movie festivals - Don't like to spend money on them anymore.
Street festivals - After a while they all are same!
Explore different cultures of the world - Still interesting to me.
Enjoy food of different culture - Meh! Used to spend a lot of money on this, but I guess I am over it.
Drinking Whiskey & craft beers - Whiskey, still a go. Craft beer is quite expensive in Australia, so fuck it!
Watching people do weird stuff around me - hehe, yes, this still excites me.
- harley davidson
- royal enfield
- sufi rock
Music, Movies, and Books
I am not much of a reader, I have read only a few books, mostly by Chetan Bhagat, Kushwant Singh, and few more.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Reiki is the most amazing thing that I have done so far. It is amazing how you can take the energy around you and heal others.
Other then this I have done a lot of stupid things:
- Motorbike Willy for 100 meters.
- Took part in a car rally
- Used to be a DJ for 3 years during my school days.
- Fallen in love and got my heart broken for million times. Fuck love!
- Jumped from a 25 feet wall when I was a kid.
- Gone from one apartment's window to the other apartment's window on the 8th floor and then thinking what the fuck did I just do.
- Touched a pregnant woman's belly when the baby was kicking.
Teach, Learn, Share
Few things I can teach:
- Computer programming
- How to operate an online business
- Indian cooking
- Baking a cheesecake
- Hindi or Punjabi language
- Discuss life in general
What I would like to learn from you:
- If you are a German, I would like you to talk basic German to me. Please be patient, I am not good at it. I want to learn as someday I would love to live in Germany (Hamburg)
- If you are not German, teach me whatever you think you can, up to me if I want to learn.
What I Can Share with Hosts
I would share all the experiences that I have had in the past 30+ years of my life. So get ready to listen :-)
Countries I’ve Visited
Canada, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Scotland, South Korea, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, India, United States